Welcome to the 199th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Violence erupts in Paris as thousands of May Day protesters raise pressure on Macron. 🇫🇷
- Inside the Forecast: Ohio and Indiana kick off blitz of primary elections. 🗳
- Serbia shows off China missiles amid build-up concerns in Balkans. 🧨
- Guinea’s transition to civilian rule to take 3 years, Colonel Mamady Doumbouya says on state television. 📺
- Fears of getting drawn into Ukraine war may spark Moldova exodus. 🏃
- Family of ‘Hotel Rwanda’ hero files $400 million U.S. lawsuit against Kigali. 💰
- The key inflation rate surges to 6.6%, the highest since 1982. 💹
- US economy contracts by 1.4% in first-quarter 2022. 📊
- Why Russia has put the rouble on a gold standard – with price of RUB5,000 ($62.8) for a gram of gold. 🌟
- Russia says it paid off overdue foreign debt, with difficulty. 😮💨
- Argentina’s crypto miners threaten frail energy grid at the end of the world. ⚡️
- Malawi looks to cannabis for profits amid declining Tobacco demand. 🌿
- Central African Republic adopts bitcoin as legal tender, following El Salvador. 🪙
- Big Fed rate hikes ahead – 50 basis point hike possible for May amid early signs hot inflation is peaking. 📈
- Country music singer Naomi Judd is dead at 76. 🙏
- ‘I’ll have the Kangaroo stew’: When Paris was forced to eat its Zoos. 🦘
- ‘Washington Crossing the Delaware’ sails toward the auction block – and could fetch $15 million. 🖼
- Trailblazing black entrepreneurs who shaped a 19th-century California boomtown. 🚀
- Why was Erotic Art so popular in Ancient Pompeii? 🤔
- Germany takes Italy to UN’s highest court over WW2 compensation claims. 🪖
- History experts demand removal of human skulls from auction. 💀
- New York’s grand jury case against Donald Trump is ending without charges. 🤷♀️
- The art of conversation: How to talk to anyone about anything. 🗣
- How to take things less personally. 🤗
- Improve your problem-solving with elastic thinking. 💭
- Redwood trees have two different kinds of leaves, scientists discover. 🍃
- System 1 vs. System 2 thinking: Why it isn’t strategic to always be rational. 🧠
- Don’t miss this Weekend’s Black Moon Partial Solar Eclipse. 🌚
- NASA develops 1000 times stronger metal alloy using 3D printing. 🖨
- Plastic-eating enzyme could eliminate billions of tons of landfill waste. 👾
- Launcher successfully tests its 3D printed E2 rocket engine in full thrust. 🚀
- Breakthrough discovery of one-way superconductor – thought to be impossible. 🙌
- UAE to send astronaut on six-month ISS mission. 🇦🇪
- Scientists turn hydrogen molecule into quantum sensor. ⚛️
- Experiment that could confirm fifth state of matter in the universe – and change physics as we know it. 🪐
- Chevrolet’s classic Corvette is going electric – rumored to reach up to 1,000 horsepower. 🏎
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Barcelona research institute discovers antibody that prevents metastasis and slows cancer growth. 🔬
- To combat mental health discrimination at work, first, shift beliefs. 🧘♀️
- The link between fast food and cancer. 🔗
- Could the immune system be key to Alzheimer’s disease? 🔑
- Study finds neurons that encode the outcomes of actions. 🧠
- Brain regeneration is real: This is how to do it. ♻️
- Microfluidic 3D Bioprinting allows better reproduction of cell structures. 🖨
- ‘Keto’ molecule may be useful in preventing and treating colorectal cancer. ⚛️
- How one inflammatory disorder exacerbates another. 🔥
- Drug to treat alcoholism could also safely reduce anxiety. 🥃
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Why psychedelics like psilocybin from magic mushrooms and LSD are seeing a surge in medical interest, in treatments for depression, addiction, and more. 💊
- Psychedelics: Applications in mental health. 👩⚕️
- Why Elon Musk says psychedelics and Ketamine are better than pharma meds. 💎
- What do therapeutic doses of psychedelics feel like? 🍄
- 5,000 medical cannabis licenses dispensed on the Island of Guernsey. 🌿
- Millions of Americans have bought into an unproven theory that depression and anxiety are caused by unbalanced brain chemistry. 🧠
- The mission to make psilocybin available to UK cancer patients. 🇬🇧
- Boris Becker jailed: Tennis champion sentenced over bankruptcy. ⛓
- Shakur Stevenson dominates Oscar Valdez to become unified super-featherweight champion. 🏆
- Katie Taylor beats Amanda Serrano via split decision in thrilling clash for undisputed lightweight title. 🥊
- From Paralympics to Playboy – the champion that’s always breaking new ground. 🏊♀️
- Richarlison and Pickford boost Everton’s survival hopes with 1-0 win over Chelsea. ⚽️
- Rafael Nadal calls Wimbledon ban of Russian and Belarusian players ‘Very unfair’. 🎾
- BP and Shell to report high profits this week despite big hit from war in Ukraine. 🛢
- Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson, and Moderna investors lose vote to share vaccine know-how. 💉
- Lockdowns and supply chain disruption to accelerate Apple’s move away from China, with India a likely beneficiary. 🇮🇳
- Stocks closed out their worst month in years, as investors battled a host of headwinds, including monetary tightening from the Federal Reserve, rising interest rates, worsening inflation, COVID lockdowns in China, and the ongoing war in Ukraine. The Nasdaq fell 13.3% in April, its worst monthly performance since the financial crisis in October 2008, the S&P 500 sank 8.8% for its biggest monthly drop since the onset of the pandemic in March 2020, and the Dow was down 3.9%. The Nasdaq has dropped deeply into bear territory, now 24% off its high, with tech stocks enduring the worst of the April selloff. Amazon plunged 14% on Friday in its biggest loss since 2006 after reporting a surprise quarterly loss and issuing weak guidance. Apple tumbled 3.7% after warning supply chain constraints could impact revenues in the current quarter by up to $8 billion. Next week, the Fed is expected to pull the trigger on its first half-percentage point rate hike since 2000, and it could begin to reverse its large-scale asset purchases used to help stabilize markets during the COVID crisis.
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN) 📈 – $200 target
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $30 target
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
- The Perfectionist: How Precision Engineers Created the Modern World – by Simon Winchester.
- Bad Advice: Or Why Celebrities, Politicians, and Activists Aren’t Your Best Source of Health Information – by Paul Offit.
- The Undoing Project: A Friendship That Changed Our Minds – by Michael Lewis.
- A Brief History of Everyone Who Ever Lived – by Adam Rutherford.
- Centenarians, metformin, and longevity | Dr. Peter Attia and Nir Barzilai, M.D. 🩺
- Jeff will be in Dubai, from May 11 to 19. To meet him or book a meeting kindly email email@example.com.
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
🚨 Investment Opportunity: Ridgeline Therapeutics 🔬
Brought to you by Longevity Technology:
Longevity.Technology is fundraising for Ridgeline Therapeutics, a US biotechnology company, that is on a mission to reverse age-related decline in muscle strength, which is linked to lower quality of life and increased morbidity. 💪
Ridgeline’s NNMTi is slated to be the first FDA-approved drug to reverse declines in muscle strength; it is protected by a strong IP portfolio and will be delivered as a daily pill to restore muscle strength and function in the elderly. NNMTi demonstrates superior characteristics compared to competing therapeutics. 👩🔬
Preclinical safety and efficacy data have significantly de-risked IND filing and there is a clear path for expansion of clinical indication and clinical development; a fast FDA approval strategy will be employed by the team. ☑️
The experienced leadership team of successful entrepreneurs and scientists has secured $8.95 million in grant funding.
➡️ Link to the deck ⬅️
Monday, May 2 – Expedia (EXPE), MGM Resorts International (MGM), Clorox (CLX) and Williams Companies (WMB).
Tuesday, May 3 – Pfizer (NYSE:PFE), Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC), Advanced Micro Devices (NASDAQ:AMD), Hilton Worldwide (HLT), Airbnb (NASDAQ:ABNB) and Starbucks (NASDAQ:SBUX).
Wednesday, May 4 – CVS Health (CVS), Marriott International (MAR), Moderna (MRNA), Etsy (ETSY), Fortinet (FTNT), Uber (UBER), and Booking Holdings (NASDAQ:BKNG).
Thursday, May 5 – ConocoPhillips (COP), Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD), Dominion Energy (D), Lucid Group (NASDAQ:LCID), DoorDash (NYSE:DASH), Shopify (SHOP) and Block (NYSE:SQ).
Friday, May 6 – Under Armour (UAA), Enbridge (ENB), Cigna (CI) and DraftKings (NASDAQ:DKNG).
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
The IPO market comes back to life with Bausch + Lomb (BLCO) expected to start trading on May 6. Bausch + Lomb has applied to list on both the New York Stock Exchange and the Toronto Stock Exchange. The New York listing for 35M shares has been priced at between $21 and $24 per share. Also next week in IPO world, the lockup period expires on Allbirds (NASDAQ:BIRD), Blue Star Foods (BSFC), Arhaus (ARHS), NerdWallet (NRDS), Cadre Holdings (CDRE, Cian (CIAN), IO Biotech (IOBT) and Real Good Food Company (NASDAQ:RGF) to free up insiders to sell shares. Of the group, Cadre Holdings is the only stock with a large gain since going public.
What Moved the Markets:
Dow -2.5% to 32,977. S&P 500 -3.3% to 4,132. Nasdaq -3.9% to 12,335. Russell 2000 -4.1% to 1,862. CBOE Volatility Index +18.4% to 33.4.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -1.1%. Utilities -2.2%. Financials -2.5%. Telecom -1.7%. Healthcare -1.3%. Industrials -0.7%. Information Technology -1.%. Materials -1.8%. Energy -1.9%. Consumer Discretionary -4.3%.
London +0.3% to 7,545. France -0.7% to 6,534. Germany -0.3% to 14,098. Japan -1.% to 26,848. China -1.3% to 3,047. Hong Kong +2.2% to 21,089. India -0.2% to 57,061.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +2.% to $104.11/bbl. Gold -1.9% to $1,896.9/oz. Natural Gas +10.9% to 7.245. Ten-Year Treasury Yield +1.2% to 2.94.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -2.33%. USD/JPY +1.%. GBP/USD -2.06%. Bitcoin -2.9%. Litecoin -4.8%. Ethereum -5.3%. XRP -15.1%.
Top S&P 500 Gainers
PTC (PTC) +15%. Mohawk Industries (MHK) +14%. The Sherwin-Williams (SHW) +12%. Meta Platforms (FB) +9%. Valero Energy (VLO) +8%.
Top S&P 500 Losers
Align Technology (ALGN) -20%. F5 Networks (FFIV) -16%. General Electric (GE) -16%. Charter Communications (CHTR) -16%. The Boeing (BA) -16%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.”
📖 Word Of The Week:
Deterrent | dee·tur·uhnt |
Noun – a thing that discourages or is intended to discourage someone from doing something: “Cameras are a major deterrent to crime”.
Adjective – able or intended to deter: “The deterrent effect of heavy prison sentences”.
❔ Did You Know:
The Aurora Australis is the southern version of the aurora borealis. Tasmania, New Zealand, and Antarctica are a few of the best places to scope out the Southern Lights from land. 🌈
📚 Books We Are Reading:
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
📆 Upcoming Events:
Join Juvenescence on the 10th of May, for a Master Investor webinar, Investing in the Future of Longevity – the Ketone Chapter.
May 10, 2022 | London | 5pm BST (12pm EST)
The webinar, which features a live Q&A, will explain the science and value of ketosis and features Dr. Stubbs and other world-leading academics, who will join Jim Mellon and Greg Bailey to discuss the science, and the potential, and the returns that can be expected.
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
Please send any news, comments, or stock ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow IBR on Twitter @IBullReport
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.