Welcome to the 104th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- China-linked hackers are targeting US coronavirus vaccine research, FBI warns. ??
- Trump orders federal retirement money invested in Chinese equities to be pulled. (As we have mentioned, the backlash against China is going to be enormous. There is a massive opportunity to be short China)
- Burr steps down as intelligence chairman during FBI probe into stock sales.
- Israel to swear in Netanyahu-Gantz unity government Sunday.
- The obscure rule that is discouraging billionaires’ foundations from going big on coronavirus.
- ‘A Lot To Be Hopeful For’: Crisis seen as historic, not another great depression.
- The real Lord of the Flies: what happened when six boys were shipwrecked for 15 months.
- Doctors are now social-media influencers. ?⚕️
- Mark Cuban: Want your business to survive? Make employees owners.
- Your kids may never return to normal schooling. ?
- What will hotel visits be like? Here’s your room-by-room look at the future. ?
- Paul Marks turned the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center into one of the world’s foremost oncology research institutions dies. (RIP)
- What life is like for more than 90,000 cruise workers that have been stuck at sea for two months. ?
- The confessions of Marcus Hutchins, the hacker who saved the Internet. ?
- Akash Ambani: from collecting supercars to wooing Mark Zuckerberg’s Facebook – the real life of Indian billionaire Mukesh Ambani’s eldest son.
- 3 ways COVID-19 could actually spark a better future for Africa.
- Artificial Intelligence is screening billions of molecules for Coronavirus treatments.
- Your home office is a hacker’s paradise. Here’s why.
- Facebook to buy Giphy for $400 million.
- Immunai decloaks with $20M in seed funding to map immune system with machine learning.
- TikTok app violating children’s privacy.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- World-first saliva test detects hidden throat HPV cancer.
- A combo of fasting plus vitamin C is effective for hard-to-treat cancers,
- Does vitamin D protect against COVID-19?
- Hacking Plant Life: Artificial photosynthesis takes a leap forward.
- Counterfeit masks reaching frontline health workers in U.S. (Sad to see so many mask day traders everywhere)
- Electrons may very well be conscious.
- What causes opioid addiction?
- The 12 deadliest viruses on Earth.
CANNABIS & MUSHROOMS
- Pediatricians seeing a growing demand for medical cannabis for kids.
- Could cannabis heighten a protein’s ability to fight viruses and inflammation?
- Should you microdose to treat depression? (Read Dr. Anna’s response) ?
- This drug designer is creating a new psychedelic to treat anxiety and depression.
- UFC: Conor McGregor says ‘learn how to box’ after Tony Ferguson tells him to ‘put down the bottle’.?
- NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman not even contemplating season cancellation. ?
We recommend The Palm Group:
The Palm Group are experts in Palm Beach real estate and can help find your dream home in the sun. See more here. ??
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Uber (NYSE: UBER) bids for Grubhub (NYSE:GRUB) to create a food-delivery giant.
- Aurora (NYSE:ACB) shares rise nearly 70% on volume more than 30 times greater than average after pot company reports stronger-than-expected revenue growth.
- Swiss crypto finance startup Bitcoin Suisse raises nearly €20 million.
- Post-coronavirus, Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs could look very different.
- MyoKardia, Inc. (Nasdaq: MYOK) shares surged to close up 99% to $121.69 on news its Phase 3 pivotal EXPLORER-HCM clinical trial. ?
- Cassava Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ:SAVA) shares slumped by 74% to $2.12 on news from Phase 2b trial of PTI-125, in patients with Alzheimer’s disease. ?
- GENFIT (Nasdaq: GNFT) shares also down 74% to $5.10 following news its Phase 3 RESOLVE-IT trial of elafibranor in adults with nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) did not meet the primary endpoint. ?
Weekly Market Movement Wrap
Dow -2.7% to 23,685. S&P 500 -2.3% to 2,864. Nasdaq -1.2% to 9,015. Russell 2000 -5.7% to 1,254. CBOE Volatility Index +14.% to 31.89.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -2.3%. Utilities -1.3%. Financials -5.%. Telecom -2.4%. Healthcare +0.2%. Industrials -5.6%. Information Technology -1.9%. Materials -4.%. Energy -7.4%. Consumer Discretionary -2.1%.
London -2.3% to 5,800. France -6.% to 4,278. Germany -4.% to 10,465. Japan -0.7% to 20,037. China -0.9% to 2,868. Hong Kong -1.8% to 23,797. India -1.7% to 31,098.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +19.9% to $29.71/bbl. Gold +2.4% to $1,754.6/oz. Natural Gas -9.8% to 1.644. Ten-Year Treasury Yield +0.2% to 139.29.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -0.22%. USD/JPY +0.47%. GBP/USD -2.42%. Bitcoin -4.4%. Litecoin -10.6%. Ethereum -8.1%. Ripple -9.4%.
Top Stock Gainers
Sorrento Therapeutics (NASDAQ:SRNE) +160%. Novavax (NASDAQ:NVAX) +133%. CymaBay Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CBAY) +128%. SIFCO Industries (NYSEMKT:SIF) +74%. Glory Star New Media Group Holdings (NASDAQ:GSMG) +67%.
Top Stock Losers
Cassava Sciences (NASDAQ:SAVA) -76%. Genfit SA (NASDAQ:GNFT) -73%. Recro Pharma (NASDAQ:REPH) -48%. Axcella Health (NASDAQ:AXLA) -46%. FTS International (NYSE:FTSI) -45%.
? Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN)
- AgeX (NYSE:AGE)
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: CVGR) –
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN)
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
What the wise do in the beginning fools do in the end. – Warren Buffett
? Word Of The Week:
Pecuniary adj. – Relating to or consisting of money: “he admitted obtaining a pecuniary advantage by deception.”
❔ Did You Know:
Canadians say “sorry” so much that a law was passed so that an apology can’t be used as an admission of guilt. Canadians are well-known for being incredibly polite, perhaps even to a fault. That’s why in 2009, the province of Ontario passed the “Apology Act,” which states that saying “sorry”—which can be an expression of sympathy or regret—can’t legally be considered an admission of guilt or fault.
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- Dr. Peter Attia interviews Lew Cantley, Ph.D.: Cancer metabolism, cancer therapies, and the discovery of PI3K.
- Revolutionary drug trial using ecstasy to treat PTSD and mental illness – 60 Minutes Australia
- Prince and the Revolution Live Show from 1985: On YouTube for a limited time. ?? (An absolute classic)
- Nasdaq CEO Adena Friedman shares 3 principles in leadership amid times of turmoil.
? Books We Are Reading:
- Bargaining with the Devil – Robert Mnookin
- Good for You, Great for Me – Lawrence Susskind
- Crucial Conversations – Al Switzler, Joseph Grenny, and Ron McMillan
- Getting More: How You Can Negotiate to Succeed in Work and Life
– Stuart Diamond
- Never Split the Difference – Chris Voss and Tahl Raz
? One Liners:
Evening news is where they begin with ‘Good evening’, and then proceed to tell you why it isn’t.
? Upcoming Events:
Tue, May 19, 2020 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM CEST
Free Online Webinar
Have an event, conference or announcement you would like to promote? This space could be yours! Reach out: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team