Welcome to the 52nd edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
“God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made Mothers.” – Rudyard Kipling
Happy Mother’s Day (in most countries) ❤
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- The US-China trade war is escalating. The coming days are crucial.
- Are the hyper-specialist shops of Berlin the future of retail? ?
- The making of Amazon Prime, the Internet’s most successful and devastating membership program.
- The new Royal Baby’s historical significance. ?
- The story of London’s tech scene, as told by those who built it. ??
- How researchers used AI to better understand biological vision. ?
- China’s electric vehicle market: A storm of competition is coming. ??
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Aim your baloney detector at the BS in health care.
- Fentanyl executive John Kapoor’s conviction is good news for holding corporations accountable. ?
- As measles cases spread, the tinder for more outbreaks is growing.
- First US use of CRISPR to directly target cancer will seek go-ahead from regulators. ✂?
- How helpful would a genetic test for obesity risk be? ?
- Busting the myth that depression doesn’t affect people in poor countries.
- An artificial pancreas for diabetics is almost here.
CANNABIS + MAGIC MUSHROOMS
- Women are turning to cannabis to treat period pains: 60% surveyed say they already use it and 60% of non-users would consider it. Read here.
- Canopy Growth buys German Synthetic THC Maker for C$343 Million. ?
- Acreage Holdings CEO views Canopy Growth deal as prelude to larger merger with Constellation Brands. Read and listen here.
- Cannabinoid Biosynthesis will have a significant role in fueling the growth of global cannabis brands. Read why.
- CBD: A marijuana miracle or just another health fad?
- “It makes me enjoy playing with the kids”. Is microdosing mushrooms going mainstream? Read about it here. ? (Wuhan is an early player in the magic mushroom space – stock trading symbol: WUHN)
- Former Chief Drug Advisor urges UK officials to “Embrace Cannabis Like Penicillin”. Good read.
- VIP Press Release from Wuhan here. ($WUHN) ? (we should expect more news this coming week, the only pure play marijuana and mushroom stock)
- Trump awards Tiger Woods with Presidential Medal of Freedom. ?️♂️
- Stunt doubles Heidi and Renae Moneymaker are out to save the superheroes.
- Todd Ewen, a former professional hockey player, took his own life in September 2015. Ewen had been suffering from depression and memory loss since his retirement. Watch this telling documentary. ?
- Liverpool stun Barcelona to reach Champions League final. ⚽
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- As the world fractures, asset allocators are doing nothing much. Are they nuts? ?
- Beyond Meat’s ($BYND) valuation is ‘Absurd,’ says stock’s first short. Read here. (we agree) ? ?
- Uber ($UBER) goes into reverse as first day stock price disappoints. (Will go much lower eventually as Wall Street attributes a real valuation) ?
- GW Pharmaceuticals PLC ($GWPH) price target raised at AltaCorp. (we like it a lot).?
- Are cryptocurrencies ready to break out of their niche?
? Stocks on our / the IBR radar
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV: THRM)?
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: CVGR)?
- Callitas Therapeutics ($MPHMF)?
- Wuhan General ($WUHN)? Pure play medicinal marijuana and medicinal mushroom company.
- Portage Biotech ($PTGEF) is ready for round two. (A $1000 investment at our initial call of 0.03 is now worth over $90,000 in 4 years) ?
- Flooid CX ($FLCX)?
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things.” – Ronald Reagan
- “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
? Word Of The Week:
- Nebulous adj. Lacking definition or definite content. Lacking definite form or limits; vague. “The test results were nebulous and determined to be unusable.”
❔ Did You Know:
- Starfish (as with many radially symmetric animals) do not have brains.
- On this day in history: May 12th, 2008 Wenchuan earthquake, measuring 7.8 in magnitude occurs in Sichuan, China, killing over 87,000, injuring 374,643 and leaving homeless between 4.8 million and 11 million people.
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- Barry Ritholtz interviews Ivy Zelman, who in 2007 founded Zelman & Associates LLC, the leading research and investment firm dedicated to the housing market and related sectors. A great listen!
- Struggling to keep up with your investments? These 5 podcasts can help.
- When AI meets medicine. Most interesting 30 minute listen.
? Books We Are Reading:
- Tribe of Mentors: Short Life Advice from the Best in the World
By Tim Ferriss
- Crushing It: How Great Entrepreneurs Build Their Business and Influence – and How You Can, Too
By Gary Vaynerchuk
? Feel Good Sunday:
? One Liners:
- I took an IQ test and the results were negative.
- Why is “abbreviation” such a long word? ?
? Upcoming Events:
- Have a cool upcoming event and looking for some added exposure?
Shoot us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org ?
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! ??
The IBR Team
P.S. Want to earn a bunch of extra money every month ? and meet some great new people? Sign up with Airbnb today and become a host.