Welcome to the 201st edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Why Finland, Sweden joining NATO will be big deal. 🪖
- Turkey’s president objects to Finland and Sweden’s NATO applications. 🇹🇷
- Biden administration cancels Alaska oil and gas lease sale – halting potential to drill for oil in over 1 million acres comes at challenging political moment. 🚫
- EU ‘determined’ to sway Hungary over Russian oil sanctions. 🛢
- Prominent democracy advocates arrested in Hong Kong. ⛓
- Plan to allow burkinis in Grenoble swimming pools reignites French culture wars. 🇫🇷
- Nigerian Airlines suspend flights over soaring jet fuel prices. 🛬
- Powell says he can’t promise a ‘Soft Landing’ and avoid recession as Fed fights inflation. 😵💫
- Can the U.S. avoid a recession? (No, just using some common sense will tell you that. Problem is, just like baby formula, it’s in short supply). 🍼
- China’s currency had its worst month ever. Yuan lost about 7% of value in total against greenback during past three months. 📉
- Global stocks record longest weekly losing streak since 2008 crisis. 🐻
- South African Mafia banks are destroying 8,000 jobs. 🇿🇦
- Experts warn against China’s debt-trap diplomacy, citing Sri Lanka’s example. ⚠️
- The deadliest disaster at sea killed thousands, yet its story is little-known. Why? ☠️
- The wild west outpost of Japan’s Isolationist Era. 🇯🇵
- Australia’s western desert art-movement turns 50. 🏜
- Construction workers uncover massive 800-year-old Aztec dwelling in Mexico City. 🇲🇽
- Dogs, the four-legged crime-fighters of Paris. 🐕
- Ten dead after gunman livestreams mass shooting at Buffalo supermarket. 🙏
- Math makes life beautiful. 🧮
- Total lunar eclipse will turn the moon red. Here’s how to watch. 🌚
- RaDonda Vaught receives three years probation on diverted sentence. 👩⚖️
- Danish biologists cultivate Morel Mushrooms year-round with new indoor technique. 🍄
- Eurovision 2022: Ukraine wins, while UK’s Sam Ryder comes second. 🎤
- Spot the difference: The invincible business of counterfeit goods. 🔍
- Rihanna’s beauty and skincare products are arriving in Africa. 💄
- Should working remote mean earning less? 🤔
- Scientists used AI to create an enzyme that breaks down plastic in a week instead of a century. 🧫
- The $93 billion plan to put astronauts back on the Moon. 👩🚀
- New technologies that will revolutionize the energy sector. ⚡️
- Tech bubbles are bursting all over the place. Some more loudly than others. 💥
- Thousands of popular websites see what you type — before you hit submit. ⌨️
- Scientists prove that plants can grow in soil from the Moon. 🌖
- Here’s what the black hole in center of the Milky Way looks like. 🌌
- These Nanobots can swim around wound and kill bacteria. 👾
- 24-year-old Congolese invents purely wooden treadmill. 🪵
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Agarikon is a potent antibacterial, antiviral, and antimicrobial with chlorinated coumarins that are highly active against multi-drug-resistant strains of tuberculosis. 🦠
- Severe COVID is equivalent to 20 years of aging. ⏩
- Gene editing could be a potential new treatment for anxiety and alcohol use disorder in adults. 🥃
- Abnormal activity of the brain circuit causes anorexia. 🦴
- Running and the science of mental toughness. 🏃♀️
- What’s the magic number for sleep? 🛌
- When depression sneaks up on menopause. ⏸
- Following the MedDiet improves depression symptoms in young men. 👍
- Do you want a long healthy lifespan? The characteristics of a “Longevity Diet”. 🥗
- How to live more than a century: Olive oil and the Mediterranean Diet. 🫒
- Researchers have identified six predictors that may help determine the correct amount of lithium to treat a patient with bipolar disorder. 🔬
- New study explains how hypertension triggers signaling pathway in blood vessels that can lead to arteriosclerosis. 🩸
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Thailand to give away one million free cannabis plants to households, minister says. 🇹🇭
- President of Zimbabwe commissions U.S. $27 million medicinal cannabis farm and processing plant. 🌿
- Psychedelic experiences and mindfulness linked to better psychological well-being. 🧘♀️
- Psychedelic companies are betting big on ketamine as the next Prozac. 💊
- Liverpool wins FA Cup final after beating Chelsea in nerve-racking penalty shootout. 🥅
- Washington Capitals were eliminated from the playoffs against Florida Panthers 4-3 with overtime loss. 🏒
- Lionel Messi scores twice to help Paris Saint-Germain to emphatic win 4-0 against Montpellier. ⚽️
- Jermell Charlo vs. Brian Castano 2 – Charlo becomes undisputed champ with vicious KO. 🥊
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Pfizer (NYSE: $PFE) buys its way into migraine with $11.6 billion Biohaven Pharma (NYSE: $BHVN) acquisition. 💰
- Musk holds all the cards: We see significant risk that the Twitter (NASDAQ: $TWTR) deal gets repriced lower. 🐦
- Five imploding $40 billion companies are shadows of what they were. 🏚
- Saudi Aramco profits surge 82% in Q1. Soaring energy prices boost oil exporter. 💹
- Apple (NASDAQ: $AAPL) loses most-valuable-firm position to oil and gas giant Aramco. 🛢
🚨 Investment Opportunity: Ridgeline Therapeutics 🔬
Brought to you by Longevity Technology:
Longevity.Technology is fundraising for Ridgeline Therapeutics, a US biotechnology company, that is on a mission to reverse age-related decline in muscle strength, which is linked to lower quality of life and increased morbidity. 💪
Ridgeline’s NNMTi is slated to be the first FDA-approved drug to reverse declines in muscle strength; it is protected by a strong IP portfolio and will be delivered as a daily pill to restore muscle strength and function in the elderly. NNMTi demonstrates superior characteristics compared to competing therapeutics. 👩🔬
Preclinical safety and efficacy data have significantly de-risked IND filing and there is a clear path for expansion of clinical indication and clinical development; a fast FDA approval strategy will be employed by the team. ☑️
The experienced leadership team of successful entrepreneurs and scientists has secured $8.95 million in grant funding.
➡️ Link to the deck ⬅️
Monday, May 16 – Tower Semi (TSEM), Take-Two Interactive (TTWO), Tencent Music (TME), and Global-E Online (GLBE).
Tuesday, May 17 – JD.com, Walmart (WMT), Home Depot (HD), Macy’s (M)
Wednesday, May 18 – Lowe’s (LOW), Analog Devices (NASDAQ:ADI), Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO), and Target (TGT).
Thursday, May 19 – Kohl’s (NYSE:KSS), Applied Materials (AMAT), Palo Alto Networks (PANW), Ross Stores (NASDAQ:ROST) and Kohl’s (KSS).
Friday, May 20 – Deere (NYSE:DE) and Foot Locker (FL).
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
No new IPOs are expected to start trading this coming week. Quiet periods expire on JE Cleantech (JCSE) and Aclarion (NASDAQ:ACON) to free up analysts to post ratings. Companies rolling off their IPO lockup periods include Sono Group (NASDAQ:SEV), UserTesting (USER), E-Home (EJH), Vivakor (VIVK), Finwise (FINW), Snow Lake Resources (NASDAQ:LITM), Sweetgreen (NYSE:SG), and Advanced Human Imaging (AHI).
What Moved the Markets:
Dow -2.1% to 32,197. S&P 500 -2.4% to 4,024. Nasdaq -2.8% to 11,805. Russell 2000 -2.6% to 1,793. CBOE Volatility Index -4.4% to 28.87.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +0.3%. Utilities -1.3%. Financials -4.9%. Telecom -0.2%. Healthcare -2.%. Industrials -2.6%. Information Technology -3.5%. Materials -2.5%. Energy -2.9%. Consumer Discretionary -3.4%.
London +0.4% to 7,418. France +1.7% to 6,363. Germany +2.6% to 14,028. Japan -2.1% to 26,428. China +2.8% to 3,084. Hong Kong -0.5% to 19,899. India -3.7% to 52,794.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +0.4% to $110.16/bbl. Gold -3.9% to $1,810.3/oz. Natural Gas -5.2% to 7.622. Ten-Year Bond Yield -0.2 bps to 2.928.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -1.32%. USD/JPY -1.03%. GBP/USD -0.59%. Bitcoin -17.3%. Litecoin -28.1%. Ethereum -23.%. XRP -26.5%.
Top S&P 500 Gainers
Viatris (VTRS) +11%. Electronic Arts (EA) +8%. International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF) +8%. Duke Realty (DRE) +8%. Etsy (ETSY) +7%.
Top S&P 500 Losers
Twitter (TWTR) -18%. The Boeing (BA) -15%. Signature Bank (SBNY) -14%. Ball (BLL) -14%. WestRock (WRK) -13%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $30 target
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
”A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.”
– David Brinkley
📖 Word Of The Week:
Turpitude | tur·puh·tood |, noun – refers to an inherent lack of integrity or morality, or to an evil or immoral act. It is frequently used in legal contexts in the phrase “moral turpitude.”
“Crimes such as theft and perjury may involve moral turpitude.”
❔ Did You Know:
1% better, every day.
We tend to underestimate how small improvements add up. If you get 1% better at something every day, that doesn’t feel like much. You might not even notice it at first. Keep at it, and progress becomes remarkable though. 1% better each day means 37 times better after one year.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- The Servant: A Simple Story About the True Essence of Leadership – by James C. Hunter.
Women in Science: 50 Fearless Pioneers Who Changed the World – by Rachel Ignotofsky.
- Vagabonding: An Uncommon Guide to the Art of Long-Term World Travel – by Rolf Potts.
- The Great Influenza: The Story of the Deadliest Pandemic in History – by John M. Barry.
- The Truth Machine: The Blockchain and the Future of Everything – by Paul Vigna and Michael Casey.
After years of scrimping and saving a husband told his wife the good news: “Honey, we’ve finally got enough money to buy what we started saving for in 1979.”
“You mean a brand-new BMW?” she asked eagerly.
“No,” said the husband, “a 1979 BMW.”
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
Elon Musk talks to the Financial Times about Twitter, Tesla, and Trump. 🎥
JPMorgan CEO Dimon on Fed, Energy Policy, Ukraine War. 🎥
📆 Upcoming Events:
The Fierce Leaders in Life Sciences Forum brings together forward-thinking minds from today’s life sciences industry and features C-suite and executive leadership insights on the end-to-end drug development process.
May 24, 2022 | 10:30am – 4:00pm EST.
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.