Welcome to the 203rd edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Wishing everybody a very happy and healthy Memorial Day Weekend. 🎉 🇺🇸
What happened to the Ukraine war coverage? 🤔
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Australia votes for Leftism; Center-Right Party loses control after 9 years in power. 🇦🇺
- As U.S. states restrict abortion access, Mexican states expand it. 🇲🇽
- Despite EU sanctions, Serbian president secures gas deal with Putin. 🛢
- America’s next wind powerhouse: The Gulf of Mexico? 🌬
- How Elon Musk’s Twitter takeover may help change stock market rules. 📜
- Ex-guerilla, millionaire maverick in race for Colombian presidency. 🇨🇴
- China manipulates overseas aid money to tighten their grip on power. 🇨🇳
- CEO outlook dims sharply, with more than half expecting recession ahead, survey shows. 📉
- California’s gas average tops $6 per gallon as prices surge across U.S. ⛽️
- Powell says Fed will not hesitate to keep raising rates until inflation comes down. 💹
- ‘A very important customer’: Saudi Arabia reaffirms China oil commitment. 🇸🇦
- China urged to deepen ASEAN ties as U.S. becomes India’s biggest trading partner. 🇮🇳
- Russia hikes social welfare payments to mitigate rocketing inflation. 💰
- War in Ukraine adds to food price hikes, hunger in Africa. 🌍
- How the cost of living crisis is causing strain around the world. 😵💫
- America the Beautiful: Tour all 63 US National Parks (photo gallery) 📷
- ‘Goodfellas’ star Ray Liotta dies at 67. 🙏
- Siena’s Palio: 90 Seconds of sheer medieval madness. 🐎
- They all starred in ‘Godspell.’ Then they became comedy legends. 🎙
- Hidden Italy: Puglia. 🇮🇹
- Spirit of Ntu: South African piano maestro Nduduzo Makhathini on his 10th album. 🎹
- Man dressed as old woman throws cake at Da Vinci painting, Mona Lisa. 🎂
- Ruben Östlund wins second Palme d’Or with ‘Triangle of Sadness’ at Cannes Film Festival. 🏆
- Why the father of neuroscience, toward the end of his career, preferred to study ants. 🐜
- Surfing a record 86-foot wave took guts. Measuring it took 18 months. 🏄♂️
- 100-year-old man breaks world record for ‘longest career in the same company,’ shares life lesson. 🏭
- Marine life in a South African bay is full of chemical pollutants. ☣️
- WHO: Monkeypox won’t turn into pandemic, but many unknowns. 🦠
- The Birth of Spy Tech: From the ‘Detectifone’ to a bugged martini. 🍸
- Novel sensors made from modified carbon nanotubes can visualize the release of dopamine from neurons with unprecedented resolution. 🖥
- MIT’s new heat engine beats a steam turbine in efficiency. 🦾
- Do black holes “bleach” cosmic history? 💥
- Twitter investor sues Elon Musk over “wrongful conduct” that caused platform shares to plunge. 👩⚖️
- FTC fines Twitter for deceptively using users’ data to sell targeted ads. 💰
- This is the Space Station China is building to challenge the U.S. 🛰
- New quantum technique could enable telescopes the size of planet Earth. 🌏
- FBI claims VPN credentials of U.S. universities are being sold on Russian cybercrime forums. 👮♀️
- High-speed moving fusion plasma turbulence discovered for the first time in the world. 💨
- World’s most powerful supercomputer reveals carbon-12 origin story – a building block for life. 🌱
- Can Paramount compete with Netflix and Disney? 📽
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Meet Leptin–the ‘Master’ hormone that regulates body weight. 🧘♀️
- Is death reversible? Scientist shows how ‘Brain Dead’ patients could regenerate, like salamanders. 🦎
- New data support Electroconvulsive Therapy for depression. 🔬
- Surprising health benefits of black raspberries. 🩺
- Some smokers don’t get lung cancer; Genetics might explain it. 🚬
- New behavioral vaccines raise unsettling questions. 💉
- Will NAC become a banned supplement? 🚫
- Brain imaging study suggests that drinking coffee enhances neurocognitive function. ☕️
- Biofortified tomatoes provide a new route to vitamin D sufficiency. 🍅
- Researchers may have found the missing link between Alzheimer’s and vascular disease. 🩸
- Researchers discover the mechanism responsible for information transfer between different regions of the brain. 🧠
- Cancer cells can be starved to death, here’s how. 🪦
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging shows brain inflammation in vivo for the first time. 🔥
- Glycan, a special sugar protein, appears to play a significant role in the development of Alzheimer’s disease. 👵🏻
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Researchers explore the effect psychedelics have on the brain and how they are effective at treating depression. 🍄
- Using ketamine to find an undiscovered pathway in depression. ⛈
- Hot psilocybin patent garbage. 🗑
- Researchers at UNLV study psychedelic drugs for use in mental health. 👩🔬
- Samuel Adams brewer, Entourage Health to launch THC teas in Canada by July. 🫖
- Oklahoma softball and the secrets behind the most dominant team in sports. ⚾
- Real Madrid embellishes Champions League legacy by beating Liverpool for 14th European title. ⚽
- Todd Boehly completes Chelsea takeover in deal worth up to £4.25 billion. 💰
- Season ends in familiar fashion as Boca sees off Tigre to take title. 🇦🇷
- Holger Rune dumps Stefanos Tsitsipas out of French Open. 🎾
- Celtics set up NBA finals with Warriors after holding off Heat in Game 7. 🏀
- Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa reaches Chess final at 2 AM on day of his exams. 👑
- 6 Winners and 5 Losers from the Monaco Grand Prix – who excelled on the streets of Monte Carlo? 🏎
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Soccer players keep promoting NFT collections – and they keep crashing to zero. ⚽️
- Portage ($PRTG) quietly up 83% in May, ready to rip. 📈
- Rivian ($RIVN) rallies on report of management shake-up. 🌪
- Positioning for commodity supercycle of key minerals. ⛏
- Redbox ($RDBX) is the dumbest meme stock yet. 🤪
- Snap ($SNAP) falls 43% – Erasing $135 billion Social Media stocks market value. 📉
- Didi ($DIDI) says it will proceed with delisting from NYSE. 🇨🇳
- Starbucks ($SBUX) pulls out of Russia after 15 years. ☕️
Tuesday, May 31 – HP Inc. (HPQ), Salesforce (CRM), Sportsman’s Warehouse (SPWH), ChargePoint Holdings (CHPT), Victoria’s Secret (VSCO).
Wednesday, June 1 – Capri Holdings (CPRI), GameStop (GME), Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), Mongo DB (MDB), UiPath (NYSE:PATH), Chewy (CHWY).
Thursday, June 2 – Designer Brands (DBI), Hormel (HRL), SpartanNash (NASDAQ:SPTN), Broadcom (AVGO), Lululemon (NASDAQ:LULU), CrowdStrike (CRWD), and Okta (OKTA).
Friday, June 3 – BRP Inc. (DOOO)
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
Zhong Yang Financial Group (NASDAQ:TOP) is expected to start trading on June 1. Quiet periods end on Bausch + Lomb (BLCO), PepGen (PEPG), and Austin Gold (AUST) to free up analysts to post ratings. IPO lockup periods expire on Creative Medical Technology (NASDAQ:CELZ) on June 1 and Maris-Tech (MTEK) on June 2, both stocks are down sharply from their IPO pricing level.
What Moved the Markets:
Dow +6.3% to 33,213. S&P 500 +6.6% to 4,158. Nasdaq +6.8% to 12,131. Russell 2000 +6.3% to 1,884. CBOE Volatility Index -12.6% to 25.72.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +3.8%. Utilities +3.2%. Financials +3.8%. Telecom -1.1%. Healthcare +1.%. Industrials +2.2%. Information Technology +2.%. Materials +1.7%. Energy +5.1%. Consumer Discretionary +0.8%.
London +2.7% to 7,585. France +3.7% to 6,516. Germany +3.4% to 14,462. Japan +0.2% to 26,782. China -0.5% to 3,130. Hong Kong -0.1% to 20,697. India +1.% to 54,885.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +1.6% to $115.07/bbl. Gold +0.5% to $1,851.6/oz. Natural Gas +7.7% to 8.708. Ten-Year Treasury Yield -1.6% to 2.74.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +1.66%. USD/JPY -0.56%. GBP/USD +1.14%. Bitcoin -1.4%. Litecoin -10.2%. Ethereum -11.4%. XRP -6.4%.
Top S&P 500 Gainers
Dollar Tree (DLTR) +29%. Ulta Beauty (ULTA) +24%. Dollar General (DG) +22%. Ross Stores (ROST) +21%. DXC Technology (DXC) +19%.
Top S&P 500 Losers
DexCom (DXCM) -10%. Medtronic (MDT) -3%. Molina Healthcare (MOH) -1%. The Kraft Heinz (KHC) -1%. AbbVie (ABBV) -1%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $45 target
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“Conquering the world on horseback is easy; it is dismounting and governing that is hard.”
📖 Word Of The Week:
Commemorate | kuh·meh·mr·ayt |, verb –
- [with object] recall and show respect for (someone or something): “A wreath-laying ceremony to commemorate the war dead” | “A stone commemorating a boy who died at sea”.
- mark or celebrate (an event or person) by doing or producing something: “The victory was commemorated in songs”.
❔ Did You Know:
Ketchup was once sold as medicine. The condiment was prescribed and sold to people suffering with indigestion back in 1834.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Big Mistakes – by Michael Batnick.
- Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup – by John Carryerou.
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less– by Greg McKeown.
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business – by Charles Duhigg.
Where can you buy chicken broth in bulk? 🐔
The stock market.
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- “Anti-Aging” Drugs — NAD+, Metformin, & Rapamycin. – Dr. Peter Attia.
- David Chalmers on AI and Consciousness. An interview with renowned philosopher of mind and professor at NYU.
- Yejin Choi: Teaching machines common sense and morality.
- MiB Barry Ritholtz Interviews: Adam Parker, Trivariate Research (Adam is one very smart and cool dude).
📆 Upcoming Events:
Fierce Biotech NextGen 🧬
A flood of interest in Alzheimer’s research. A flurry of action in AI-enabled drug discovery. Payers coming to grips with pricey cell and gene therapies. And a cadre of drugmakers looking to go carbon-neutral as DEI measures come to the fore.
June 29-30, 2022 | Fierce Biotech NextGen virtual event
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.