Welcome to the 240th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.🤗
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Saudi Arabia rises to the world’s 5th largest military spender.🪖
- Ron DeSantis bets big on his Disney feud.
- Three paths to raising the debt limit — and why every one of them is murky. 💲
- De-dollarization: Not a matter of if, but when.📉
- UAE airports’ passenger traffic jumps by 56.3% in Q1 2023.
- Zimbabwe is launching a local digital currency alternative to the US dollar. (smart move) 💷
- Don Lemon says he has been fired by CNN: ‘I am stunned’. 💼
- Tucker Carlson leaves Fox News in a surprise announcement.
- Actor Scott Baio leaving California after 45 years: ‘It’s not a safe place anymore’. 🔒
- ‘Jaws’ star Richard Dreyfuss slams new Oscars diversity rules.
- This AI can design complex proteins perfectly tailored to our needs.
- Slack GPT brings native generative AI to chat app.
- Clickbait News Sites Turn to AI for Content. 🤖
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Is it possible to provide equitable nutritional care for diabetes and obesity? 💉
- Alcohol fuels pain: study reveals link between drinking and chronic pain.
- Inspired by Rubik’s Cube, scientists create a shape-shifting antibiotic to fight disease. 💊
- How old is too old to start strength training?🏋️♂️
- Metformin is linked to reduced osteoarthritis risk.
- Parkinson’s Disease has become a pandemic.🦠
- New Alzheimer’s drug slows cognitive decline by a third.
NUTRITION & MICROBIOME
- Olive oil may have an important role in the diets of astronauts. 🍽
- Forging the microbiome to help us live long and prosper.
- Reviewing the aging of the gut microbiome. 🔬
- A daily dose of blueberries could improve brain and heart health.🫐
- Micronutrients, phytonutrients, and mental health. 🧠
- New antiobesity drugs will benefit many. Is that bad?
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Pain, hope, and science collide as athletes turn to magic mushrooms. 🍄
- How can cannabis help our furry friends?
- Americans spent more on legal cannabis in 2022 than chocolate. 🍫
- Can psychedelics solve the youth mental health crisis?
- Rodrygo scores twice to win Copa del Rey for Real Madrid against Osasuna.⚽
- Max Verstappen wins from ninth on grid to extend championship lead.🏎️
- Carlos Alcaraz wins title with victory over Jan-Lennard Struff.🎾
Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
Monday, May 8 – PayPal Holdings (PYPL), Tyson Foods (TSN), KKR (KKR), Lucid Group (NASDAQ:LCID) and Freshpet (FRPT).
Tuesday, May 9 – Duke Energy (DUK), Airbnb (ABNB), Fox (FOX), Coupang (CPNG), Rackspace Technology (RXT), and Nikola (NKLA).
Wednesday, May 10 – Disney (DIS), Trade Desk (TTD), Roblox (RBLX), Li Auto (LI), and Unity Software (U).
Thursday, May 11 – JD.com (JD), US Foods (USFD), and News Corporation (NWS).
Friday, May 12 – Spectrum Brands (SPB) and Soho House (SHCO).
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
Strong Global Entertainment (SGE) is expected to start trading. The company is expected to see its $8M IPO priced at around $5 per share. Based in North Carolina, Strong provides projection screens and support services to cinema operators such as IMAX, Cinemark and AMC.
What Moved the Markets:
Dow -0.3% to 33,674. S&P 500 -0.8% to 4,136. Nasdaq +0.1% to 12,235. Russell 2000 -0.6% to 1,758. CBOE Volatility Index +8.9% to 17.19.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -0.4%. Utilities +0.1%. Financials -2.7%. Telecom -2.3%. Healthcare +0.1%. Industrials -0.5%. Information Technology +0.6%. Materials -1.1%. Energy -5.8%. Consumer Discretionary -0.4%. Real Estate -0.8%.
London -1.2% to 7,778. France -0.8% to 7,433. Germany +0.2% to 15,961. Japan +1.% to 29,158. China +0.3% to 3,335. Hong Kong +0.7% to 20,033. India -0.1% to 61,054.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -7.1% to $71.32/bbl. Gold +1.3% to $2,024.6/oz. Natural Gas -12.3% to 2.113. Ten-Year Bond Yield -0.2 bps to 3.435.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -0.02%. USD/JPY -1.05%. GBP/USD +0.49%. Bitcoin +1.2%. Litecoin -2.8%. Ethereum +4.5%. XRP -2.5%.
Top S&P 500 Gainers
Royal Caribbean Cruises (RCL) +16%. Live Nation Entertainment (LYV) +14%. ON Semiconductor (ON) +13%. Generac Holdings (GNRC) +12%. Vulcan Materials (VMC) +11%.
Top S&P 500 Losers
First Republic Bank (FRC) -78%. Paramount Global (PARA) -28%. The Estée Lauder (EL) -18%. Newell Brands (NWL) -17%. Comerica (CMA) -16%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) – $2 target 📈
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) – $10 target📈
- Tesla Inc. (NASDAQ: TSLA) $300 target📈
- Palantir Technologies Inc. (PLTR: NYSE) Big (beta) upside. $15 target 📈
- M2Bio Sciences (OTC: MRES) $0.10 target (disclosure, Jeff Robinson is the CEO)📈
- Innovative Holdings Alliance (OTC: IHAI) (entered into a deal with MRES)📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” – Aristotle
📖 Word Of The Week:
❔ Did You Know:
… the estimated value of assets that will now be taken over by King Charles, according to Forbes. These include a collection of property holdings including Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle, and the Duchy of Lancaster, which in March 2022 was valued at £652.8-million (R15.18-billion), and is owned by the monarch in a trust. 👑
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Merchants of Truth: The Business of News and the Fight for Facts – by Jill Abramson.
- The Idea Factory: Bell Labs and the Great Age of American Innovation – by Jon Gertner.
- The Hundred-Year Marathon: China’s Secret Strategy to Replace America As the Global Superpower – by Michael Pillsbury.
- Measure What Matters: How Google, Bono, and the Gates Foundation Rock the World with OKRs – by John Doerr.
- Black Edge: Inside Information, Dirty Money, and the Quest to Bring Down the Most Wanted Man on Wall Street – by Sheelah Kolhatkar.
What do you call a blonde with half a brain? Gifted. 👱♀️
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Jack Kornfield: Finding Inner Calm.
📆 Upcoming Events:
Nothing here at the moment…
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.