Welcome to the 105th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Wishing our American friends a very happy Memorial Day Weekend. 🤗
Restrictions are lifting, that’s a good thing.
We must be very careful not to allow a lockdown turn into a global mental and economic depression.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- ‘Political virus’ is spreading in US along with Covid-19, says Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi.
- National Security Law will not damage Hong Kong’s freedoms. ⚖
- Netanyahu alleges ‘coup attempt’ as corruption trial opens.
- These debt instruments could spark another financial crisis.
- Senate passes bill removing rogue Chinese firms from US stock exchanges. 🇺🇸
- “Suspiciously stable”: How China’s unemployment rate is calculated. 🇨🇳
- Have you caught the remote-working bug? 💻
- Harvard researcher says many having nights full of bugs, masks, and natural disasters.
- JetBlue’s founder helped fund a Stanford study that said the coronavirus wasn’t that deadly.
- Jack Ma quits SoftBank’s board as its Vision Fund posts a record $18 billion loss.
- ‘I saw fire everywhere’: Survivor recounts how Pakistan plane jolted before crashing in Karachi.
- Elon Musk the mercurial billionaire CEO of Tesla and SpaceX regularly flouts the law with little fear of punishment.
- OpenAI finds machine learning efficiency is outpacing Moore’s Law.
- Community labs want to make everything from insulin to prostheses. Will traditional scientists accept their efforts?
- Our weird behavior during the pandemic is messing with AI models.
- Artificial intelligence can make personality judgments based on photographs.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Wildlife is exploring empty places usually occupied by people. 🦌
- What would a prosthetic brain area look like?
- World First: Saliva test detects occult HPV oral cancer. 🔬
- Understanding why pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma is so lethal.
- More evidence blood pressure lowering benefits cognition.
- Parabiosis: Reversing age with young blood.
CANNABIS & MUSHROOMS
- The secret lives of fungi. 🍄 (Most interesting)
- Aurora Cannabis to buy CBD retailer Reliva for $40 million in stock.
- Psychedelics and health research initiative explores new territory in treating pain.
- Cannabis increases propensity for false memories.
- Psychedelics and mental health care – What policymakers need to know.
- Michael Jordan: NBA legend’s trainers sell for record $560,000. 🏀
We recommend The Palm Group:
The Palm Group are experts in Palm Beach real estate and can help find your dream home in the sun. See more here. 🌴🏡
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Nasdaq to tighten listing rules, restricting Chinese IPOs.
- Can artificial intelligence learn to beat the stock market?
- Hertz files for bankruptcy protection amid pandemic. (company has been mismanaged for years and saddled with an incredible amount of debt)
Weekly Market Movement Wrap
Dow +3.3% to 24,465. S&P 500 +3.2% to 2,955. Nasdaq +3.4% to 9,325. Russell 2000 +7.6% to 1,353. CBOE Volatility Index -11.7% to 28.16.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -0.1%. Utilities +1.9%. Financials +4.6%. Telecom +4.%. Healthcare -1.%. Industrials +7.3%. Information Technology +2.9%. Materials +4.2%. Energy +6.8%. Consumer Discretionary +4.4%.
London +3.3% to 5,993. France +3.9% to 4,445. Germany +5.8% to 11,074. Japan +1.8% to 20,388. China -1.9% to 2,814. Hong Kong -3.6% to 22,930. India -1.4% to 30,673.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +13.2% to $33.28/bbl. Gold -1.2% to $1,734.7/oz. Natural Gas +5.7% to 1.739. Ten-Year Treasury Yield -0.1% to 139.2.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +0.76%. USD/JPY +0.54%. GBP/USD +0.53%. Bitcoin -1.6%. Litecoin +3.2%. Ethereum +6.5%. Ripple +1.2%.
Top Stock Losers
Recon Technology (NASDAQ:RCON) -46%.
Hoth Therapeutics (NASDAQ:HOTH) -29%.
Clovis Oncology (NASDAQ:CLVS) -28%.
Sorrento Therapeutics (NASDAQ:SRNE) -25%.
Syndax Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:SNDX) -24%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN)
- AgeX (NYSE:AGE)
- City View Green Holdings Inc.
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF) (Announces $10M Financing)
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) (Press Release: Video Interview)
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.” — Michel De Montaigne
📖 Word Of The Week:
- Innocuous adj. 1. Having no adverse effect; harmless. 2. Not likely to offend or provoke to strong emotion; insipid. “The innocuous looking email actually contained a virus.”
❔ Did You Know:
- What makes a Venus Flytrap snap?.🤔
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- How are drugs developed?
- Barry Ritholtz interviews Jonathan Taffer – What can hotels, bars and restaurants do to survive Corona?
- Healthy Business – Longevity and Progressive Medicine. 👵🔬
📚 Books We Are Reading:
5 books you must read during lockdown:
- The Splendid and the Vile: A Saga of Churchill, Family, and Defiance During the Blitz – Erik Larson
- Acting With Power: Why We Are More Powerful Than We Believe – Deborah Gruenfeld
- Square Haunting: Five Writers in London Between the Wars – Francesca Wade
- Hacking Darwin: Genetic Engineering and the Future of Humanity – Jamie Metzl
- Ghosts of Gold Mountain: The Epic Story of the Chinese Who Built the Transcontinental Railroad – Gordon H. Chang
🤣 One Liners:
- @jillboard: My ears are currently carrying sunglasses, headphones, and a face mask. Ears are a purse.
📆 Upcoming Events:
- Have an event, conference or announcement you would like to promote?This space could be yours! Reach out: email@example.com
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team