Welcome to the 175th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Biden widely mocked after struggling to stay awake during climate change conference. 😴
- Ocasio-Cortez: Democrats lost Virginia because they were not far-left enough. 🤷♂️
- ‘On The Verge Of Being Unstoppable’: Democratic Governors Association abandons Florida 2022 to DeSantis. 🌴
- Biden administration has done nothing to ease marijuana restrictions – banks aren’t expecting any cannabis legalization in next six to 12 months – remarkable reversal from the start of the year. 🌿
- 7 big cities elected mayors Tuesday. Major victory for some, massive backlash for others. 🗳
- Biden angrily defends DOJ plans for $450K migrant separation payouts. 🤬
- Iraq PM Mustafa al-Kadhimi survives drone ‘assassination attempt’ related to result of general election on October 10 – no group claimed responsibility yet. 💥
- Separation threats are lurking (again) in the Balkan region. Peace deal is at risk of unraveling. 🚧
- South Africa’s ANC party sees big decline in municipal elections. 🇿🇦
- Another wave of atrocity crimes in Myanmar: Military shelling town of Thantlang, setting 200+ houses and at least two churches on fire. 😢
- Billionaire late bloomers, by age of their breakthrough. 💸
- China’s soybean imports in October fell 41.2% from a year earlier – an effect of higher livestock supply than demand. 🐷
- Employment in the leisure and hospitality sector has risen by 2.4 million in 2021 – here’s where other jobs are. 💼
- China’s foreign exchange reserves, world’s largest, reached $3.218 trillion at end of October. 💹
- Real assets beat traditional asset classes when inflation is running high, according to BlackRock. 🪨
- Retailers look to staff up ahead of holiday rush with workers in short supply. 🎄
- What it’s like to have a record deal and Justin Bieber for a fan at age 14. 🎙
- How Kristen Stewart went from object of mockery to best actress front-runner. 🌒
- The man who brought the Swastika to Germany, and how the nazis stole it. 🇩🇪
- Eight dead, at least 25 injured during crowd surge at Travis Scott’s Astroworld music festival. 🎪
- The mysterious deaths of 6 historical figures. 🪦
- Eton College – the school for the UK’s most powerful and privileged. 🏫
- How the Maestro got his hands back. 🎹
- Greedy bots cornered the Sneaker Market. 👟
- Metaverse – Who was first? 🌐
- Scientists created the world’s whitest paint. It could eliminate the need for air conditioning. 🌬
- The booming underground market for bots that steal your 2FA codes. 🤖
- Researchers develop novel 3D printing technique to engineer biofilms. 🖨
- Columbia University neuroscientist researches biology behind some of our most human experiences, including building family relationships. 🔬
- Have researchers found a way to power hypersonic jets from London to New York in 90 minutes? 🗽
- US calls space wild west. China views American complaints as avoidance of real problem in space: Its militarisation. 👨🚀
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Aaron Beck, father of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, dies at 100. 🙏
- Fewer than one in 20 people living with HIV in England expected to be unaware of status by 2025. 🏴
- The Kidney Project successfully tests a prototype bioartificial kidney. 🎊
- Universal blood by mid-century? Regenerative medicine could get us there. 🩸
- Pfizer shares surge after release of ‘Miracle’ COVID pill that is 89% effective at preventing hospitalization. 💊
- Italian Institute Of Health drastically reduces its official COVID death toll number. 🤔
- An evolution of aging. 🧬
- I worry that burnout can’t be reversed and has fundamentally changed me as a doctor and a person. 🧑⚕️
- Google-parent Alphabet has set up a new lab that will use A.I. to try to discover new drugs. 👩🔬
- Sleeping longer than 6.5 hours a night is associated with cognitive decline. 😶🌫️
- Changes in cell metabolism protect macrophages from overloading and thus assist the resolution of inflammatory reactions. 🧫
- 7 proven health benefits of dark chocolate. 🍫
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Classic psychedelics aren’t addictive. 😵💫
- FDA has approved a clinical trial using a neuroimaging helmet made by LA-based Kernel to track what happens in the brain when a human takes a psychedelic dose of ketamine. 🧠
- We must address and deconstruct the stigma of psychedelics. 🤗
- Psychedelics Renaissance: A new chapter for mental health. 🍄
- The role of CBD in the beauty market. 🌿
- Patents on Psychedelics: The next legal battlefront of drug development. 🧪
- Detroit just decriminalized psychedelics and ‘magic mushrooms. Here’s what that means. 🍄
- Woman’s tumor shrank after taking CBD oil daily for more than two years. 🌿
- Multiple Sclerosis drug improves memory in mice modeling Alzheimer’s Disease. 🐭
- Moderna: A company “In Need Of A Hail Mary”. 👼
- Will the magic of psychedelics transform psychiatry? 🥼
- JPMorgan Chase to restrict purchases of cannabis-related stocks. 🙅♂️
- Psychedelic medicines may represent a new frontier for end-of-life care. 👵🏻
- ‘I Realize I’m In The Crosshairs Of The Woke Mob Right Now’: Unvaccinated Aaron Rodgers speaks. 🏈
- Canelo Álvarez knocks out Caleb Plant to become undisputed super middleweight champion. 🥊
- Aston Villa sack manager Smith after five successive Premier League defeats. ⚽️
- Albert Korir of Kenya wins the men’s race at New York City Marathon. 🏃♂️
- Pakistan to face Australia and England to face New Zealand in T20 World Cup semi-final. 🏏
- Lewis Hamilton shocked to start Mexican Grand Prix ahead of Max Verstappen. 🏎
- Novak Djokovic secures year-end #1 spot for record seventh time, surpassing Pete Sampras. 🎾 👑
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Blockchain startup 5ire secures $10 million in private sale. 💰
- China Evergrande, strapped for cash, offloads its jets. 🛩 (we called this Ponzi scheme 2 years ago).
- Fungible: What the ‘F’ in NFT stands for and why it matters. 👾
- Biologics manufacturing drives Evotec’s $435M U.S. stock market debut. ⚗️
- Zillow torched $381 Million overpaying for houses. Spectacular fail we called.📉 (this business model was flawed from the very start and how analysts did not see this is shocking).
- Berkshire’s (NYSE: $BRK.A) operating earnings pop 18% last quarter. Buffett’s cash pile reaches record $149 billion. 💵
- H2O.ai raises $100M at a $1.6B pre-money valuation for tools to make AI usable by any kind of enterprise. 💰
Monday, November 8: US Foods (NYSE:USFD), Tencent Music (NYSE:TME), AMC Entertainment (NYSE:AMC), 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD), Virgin Galactic (NYSE:SPCE) and PayPal (NASDAQ:PYPL).
Tuesday, November 9: Cardinal Health (NYSE:CAH), Sysco (NYSE:SYY), Nio (NYSE:NIO), Coinbase Global (COIN), Wynn Resorts (NASDAQ:WYNN) and ChannelAdvisor (NYSE:ECOM).
Wednesday, November 10: Performance Food Group (NYSE:PFGC), Wendy’s (NASDAQ:WEN), Fiverr International (NYSE:FVRR), Weber (NYSE:WEBR), Disney (DIS), Affirm Holdings (NASDAQ:AFRM), Opendoor Technologies (NASDAQ:OPEN) and Beyond Meat (NASDAQ:BYND).
Thursday, November 11: Alibaba (NYSE:BABA), Li Auto (NASDAQ:LI), Coupang (NYSE:CPNG), Yeti (NYSE:YETI) and Pinduoduo (NASDAQ:PDD).
Friday, November 12: AstraZeneca (NASDAQ:AZN) and Spectrum Brands (NYSE:SPB).
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
Rivian Automotive (RIVN) (see preview below), CI&T (CINT), Expensify (EXFY) and Third Coast Bancshares (TCBX) are expected to start trading on November 10, while Weave Communications (WEAV) and Backblaze (NASDAQ:BLZE) will debut on November 11. It is also round two for Hertz Global Holdings (OTCPK:HTZZ), with the rental car company having a re-IPO under the old ticker HTZ. Hertz plans to offer 37.1M shares at $25 to $29 each. At the midpoint of the indicated range, Hertz would have a fully diluted market value of $13.9B. As part of the offering, Hertz intends to repurchase between $250M to $500M worth of shares from the underwriters. Knighthead Capital and Certares Management will still own about 37% of Hertz after all the smoke clears. The Hertz offering is expected to attract quite a bit of attention following the high-profile agreements with Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) and Uber Technologies (NYSE:UBER), as well as the meme rally explosion of shares of Avis Budget Group (NASDAQ:CAR).
IPO quiet period expirations: Analysts can start posting ratings on Gitlab (NASDAQ:GTLB), AvidXchange (NASDAQ:AVDX), Ihs Holding (NYSE:IHS), Lucid Diagnostics (NASDAQ:LUCD), Healthcare Triangle (NASDAQ:HCTI) and Xortx Therapeutics (NASDAQ:XRTX) on November 8. The quiet periods expire on Paragon 28 (NYSE:FNA) and MiNK Therapeutics (NASDAQ:INKT) on November 9.
IPO lockup period expirations: The IPO lockup periods expire on Global-e Online (NASDAQ:GLBE), IPower (NASDAQ:IPW), SimilarWeb (SMWB US)and Flora Growth (NASDAQ:FLGC) on November 8. Of the last 20 IPO lockup periods tracked by Seeking Alpha, 16 of the stocks saw a share price decline the day before the lockup period ended. Only 8 stocks saw a decline on the same day as the lockup expiration, but then 12 of the stocks saw a decline on the day after the expiration. The general trend was for more selling pressure in front of the expirations.
What Moved The Markets Last Week:
Dow +1.4% to 36,328. S&P 500 +2.% to 4,698. Nasdaq +3.1% to 15,972. Russell 2000 +6.1% to 2,437. CBOE Volatility Index +1.4% to 16.48.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +2.4%. Utilities +0.4%. Financials -0.6%. Telecom +1.4%. Healthcare -0.7%. Industrials +1.8%. Information Technology +3.3%. Materials +3.2%. Energy +1.3%. Consumer Discretionary +5.%.
London +0.9% to 7,304. France +3.1% to 7,041. Germany +2.3% to 16,054. Japan +2.5% to 29,612. China -1.6% to 3,492. Hong Kong -2.% to 24,871. India +1.3% to 60,068.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -2.9% to $81.17/bbl. Gold +2.% to $1,820./oz. Natural Gas +3.6% to 5.622. Ten-Year Treasury Yield +0.9% to 131.83.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +0.06%. USD/JPY -0.53%. GBP/USD -1.4%. Bitcoin -0.9%. Litecoin +4.9%. Ethereum +4.%. Ripple +7.6%.
Top Stock Gainers
Fat Brands Inc Cl B (NASDAQ:FATBB) +175%. Tdh Holdings Inc (NASDAQ:PETZ) +127%. Cassava Sciences Inc (NASDAQ:SAVA) +111%. Avis Budget Group (NASDAQ:CAR) +72%. Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ:BBBY) +61%.
Top Stock Losers
Deciphera Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ:DCPH) -74%. Birks Group Inc (NYSE:BGI) -54%. Chegg Inc (NYSE:CHGG) -48%. Tabula Rasa Healthcare Inc (NASDAQ:TRHC) -48%. Bluebird Bio (NASDAQ:BLUE) -44%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN)📈 – $200 target.
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE)📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $100 target
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN)📈 – $3.00 target
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF)📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF)📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows.” — Epictetus
📖 Word Of The Week:
Recursive [ruh·kur·suhv], adj. – characterized by recurrence or repetition.
(Mathematics & Linguistics) relating to or involving the repeated application of a rule, definition, or procedure to successive results: “This restriction ensures that the grammar is recursive”.
(Computing) relating to or involving a program or routine of which a part requires the application of the whole, so that its explicit interpretation requires, in general, many successive executions: “A recursive subroutine”.
❔ Did You Know:
📚 Books We Are Reading:
4 books that Elon Musk says changed his life.
- ‘The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy’ by Douglas Adams
- ‘Einstein: His Life and Universe’ by Walter Isaacson
- ‘Structures: Or Why Things Don’t Fall Down’ by J.E. Gordon
- ‘Ignition!: An Informal History of Liquid Rocket Propellants’ by John D. Clark
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Rare albino honey badger captured on camera in South Africa. 🇿🇦
- Christopher Balding: Inside China’s Evergrande Crisis. 🇨🇳
- Brand-new longevity movie coming soon. Trailer here. 🎥
- In this video, neuroscientist, author, and professor, Lisa Feldman Barrett, explains the “tax” we put on our bodies when we suppress our emotions. 👩🔬
📆 Upcoming Events:
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.