Welcome to the 78th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Spanish election: Polls open for fourth vote in four years. (No wonder not much gets done, unfortunately)
- The US 2020 election is less than a year away. The first votes will be cast in the Iowa caucus in fewer than 100 days.
- Iran pumps centrifuges with uranium gas as nuclear deal crumbles.
- Microsoft’s Japan office was given Fridays off as a test to see whether productivity would decrease – Instead, the company says it went up by 40%.
- The strange, sad story of the Ken Doll’s crotch.
- We live in an age of information disorder.
- The CEO of McDonald’s has stepped down for violating his company’s policy by having a relationship with an employee.
- What would happen if the Internet went down… Forever?
- Italy will become the first country in the world to mandate that schools teach children about climate change and sustainability. 🌳
- November has been off to a chilly start, and it’s getting colder.
- 1000+ free courses online from MIT. Sign up and learn some cool and useful stuff. 🎓
- The seedless lemon revolution has taken root in California. 🍋
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Antidepressant approvals could herald new era in psychiatric drugs. 💊
- China approves Alzheimer’s treatment that targets the microbiome.
- The CDC believes ground beef is to blame for a salmonella outbreak.
CANNABIS & MAGIC MUSHROOMS
- Four more major US cities take steps to decriminalize psychedelics. 🍄
- ‘We are calling the bottom’: Analyst sees brighter outlook for pot stocks. 📈
- Drake entering legal cannabis business with new partnership. 🌿
- Three things we learned: Liverpool v. Man City. ⚽
- The NCAA is poised to let college athletes profit from their name, image and likeness.
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Papa John explains decision to sell big slice of Papa John’s shares. 🍕
- Eleven years ago, Satoshi Nakamoto announced the bitcoin whitepaper to the world.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- B2 Digital (OTC: BTDG) – New to our list, sub-penny, owns various ”minor league” MMA leagues – On to something…
- Callitas Therapeutics (OTC: MPHMF)
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: CVGR)
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX)
- Plyzer Technologies (OTC:PLYZ)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV: THRM)
- Wuhan General (OTC: WUHN) – Wuhan weeks away from launching Dr.AnnaRx CBD line in South Africa.
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
”Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility.” – Sigmund Freud
📖 Word Of The Week:
- Taciturn adj. Reserved or uncommunicative in speech; saying little.
“Today the normally taciturn man would not stop talking.”
❔ Did You Know:
- Bananas can help improve your mood 🍌
A banana has approximately 30% of your daily recommended intake of vitamin B6. Vitamin B6 helps the brain produce serotonin, which is considered a mood stabilizer. Serotonin impacts your motor skills and emotions. It is also the chemical that helps you sleep and digest food. Eating a banana can help relieve depression and anxiety by stimulating the serotonin levels in your body.
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Frontline investigates the promise and perils of artificial intelligence, from fears about work and privacy to rivalry between the U.S. and China. Watch it here.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell
- Straight From The Gut by Jack Welch
- The Magic of Thinking Big by David Schwartz
🤣 One Liners:
- @jameshamblin: It’s funny how airlines delay and cancel flights at the last minute for no clear reason and shrug it off like “life is unpredictable”. But if you try to reschedule a ticket six weeks in advance they’re like “the penalty is $250 or your first child.”
- Flight cancelled or delayed? Use this site to get your money back quickly without the hassles! ✈
📆 Upcoming Events:
- Master Investor Show: March 28, 2020 – London, UK
- Get your FREE ticket with the code INTERNETBULLR
- Have an event or company you would like to promote? This space could be yours. Please inquire at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
P.S. 57 IBR subscribers have signed up and are hosting with Airbnb! 🏘 What are you waiting for? Sign up by clicking here: www.airbnb.com, get your listing published and start earning a significant second income – And meet new people 🤝
P.P.S. Two online banks you should deal with:
- N26 – www.n26.com
- Revolut – revolut.com (sign up with our link and get a free card for awesome exchange rates abroad!)