Welcome to the 28th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.📰
We hope everybody enjoyed and celebrated Remembrance Day. Yesterday was the 100th anniversary of the Armistice in 1918 that signaled the end of World War One. ☮
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
💡 Interesting Articles & News:
- FDA tracks down counterfeit drugs. Their strategy. 💊
- People placed their “I Voted” stickers all over Susan B. Anthony’s grave, the lady who led the movement that gave women the right to vote. The tribute.⚱
- US Midterm Elections, votes still being counted. Read more here. The consensus after the election is that 100% of Americans think 50% of Americans have lost their minds.
- Asia plants seeds for medical cannabis market: Thailand, Singapore and China pursue research. 👩🔬🌿
- Oil continues to drop to below $60. Read and watch here. 🛢📉
- Amazon will split its second headquarters between Long Island City in New York and Crystal City in northern Virginia. 🏢
- Lights, camera, cannabis: Francis Ford Coppola launches pot “lifestyle brand”. The new venture.
- “Better data, better services“: Chinese millennial consumers are happy to share their data, according to a poll.
- The future of medicine is a physician-patient-AI golden triangle. Read the takeaway. 📐
- Industrial agriculture stole sex from our most important fresh fruit crop. See how. 🍌
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- AI could spot signs of Alzheimer’s disease six years before normally diagnosed. Here’s the pilot study.
- New insights into the neural risks and benefits of marijuana use. The evidence.🌿
- Scientists discover new protection against oxidative stress. Check out study.
- Anyone who invents a way to stop the clock on aging stands to make a fortune. Does David Sinclair have the magic pill? 👴👵
- Cannabis startups envision a not-too-distant future of alternative refreshments during happy hour. The projections.🌿🍹
- Why art is so expensive. And how the Art World lives with itself.🎨🖼
- Ozone layer hole will “totally heal within 50 years”, experts predict in a new UN report.🌌
- The U.S. Olympic Committee wants to strip Gymnastics of its role as the governing body of the sport. Read the open letter. 🤸♀️🤸♂️
📈 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Former JP Morgan trader pleads guilty to manipulating U.S. metals markets for years. Read the facts.
- Dow falls 600 points. Watch here.📉
- Apple shares continue to slide south. 🍎
- Lithium explorer AIS Resources to commence drill program. We like it. Much more to come very soon. $AIS – TSX.V📈
- In the Medicinal Marijuana and CBD space we continue to really like $WUHN. 📈
💬 Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.” — David Brinkley
🔠 Word Of The Week:
- Esoteric – Adjective: Understandable only by an enlightened inner circle.
❔ Did You Know:
- Fact: Zebras are actually black with white stripes. 🦓
- On this day in history: November 12, 1980 – The U.S. space probe Voyager 1 reached the planet Saturn. 🌌
👓 A Must Watch & Listen:
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion
By Dr. Robert Cialdini
The classic book on persuasion, explains the psychology of why people say yes — and how to apply these understandings. A must read!
- The Messy Middle: Finding Your Way Through the Hardest and Most Crucial Part of Any Bold Venture
By Scott Belsky
The myth of a successful journey often appears linear, if not a little bumpy. It’s usually far more complicated than that.
- Lake Success
By Gary Shteyngart
Ever wondered what a hedge fund manager actually does to take home a cool $30 million even when his fund goes belly up? Read this book.
👌 Feel Good Monday:
- Determined baby bear refused to give up climbing Russian mountain. Watch the video.
🐦 Eye-Catching Tweet:
- @heysarahsweeney: I’d really prefer a Xanax over the “I Voted” sticker, but I’ll take what I can get. #ElectionDay
Our very best wishes for a very fruitful upcoming week! 🍀
The IBR Team: David, Jeff and Dr. Anna