Welcome to the 28th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.?
We hope everybody enjoyed and celebrated Remembrance Day. Yesterday was the 100th anniversary of the Armistice in 1918 that signaled the end of World War One. ☮
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- FDA tracks down counterfeit drugs. Their strategy. ?
- People placed their “I Voted” stickers all over Susan B. Anthony’s grave, the lady who led the movement that gave women the right to vote. The tribute.⚱
- US Midterm Elections, votes still being counted. Read more here. The consensus after the election is that 100% of Americans think 50% of Americans have lost their minds.
- Asia plants seeds for medical cannabis market: Thailand, Singapore and China pursue research. ???
- Oil continues to drop to below $60. Read and watch here. ??
- Amazon will split its second headquarters between Long Island City in New York and Crystal City in northern Virginia. ?
- Lights, camera, cannabis: Francis Ford Coppola launches pot “lifestyle brand”. The new venture.
- “Better data, better services“: Chinese millennial consumers are happy to share their data, according to a poll.
- The future of medicine is a physician-patient-AI golden triangle. Read the takeaway. ?
- Industrial agriculture stole sex from our most important fresh fruit crop. See how. ?
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- AI could spot signs of Alzheimer’s disease six years before normally diagnosed. Here’s the pilot study.
- New insights into the neural risks and benefits of marijuana use. The evidence.?
- Scientists discover new protection against oxidative stress. Check out study.
- Anyone who invents a way to stop the clock on aging stands to make a fortune. Does David Sinclair have the magic pill? ??
- Cannabis startups envision a not-too-distant future of alternative refreshments during happy hour. The projections.??
- Why art is so expensive. And how the Art World lives with itself.??
- Ozone layer hole will “totally heal within 50 years”, experts predict in a new UN report.?
- The U.S. Olympic Committee wants to strip Gymnastics of its role as the governing body of the sport. Read the open letter. ?♀️?♂️
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Former JP Morgan trader pleads guilty to manipulating U.S. metals markets for years. Read the facts.
- Dow falls 600 points. Watch here.?
- Apple shares continue to slide south. ?
- Lithium explorer AIS Resources to commence drill program. We like it. Much more to come very soon. $AIS – TSX.V?
- In the Medicinal Marijuana and CBD space we continue to really like $WUHN. ?
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.” — David Brinkley
? Word Of The Week:
- Esoteric – Adjective: Understandable only by an enlightened inner circle.
❔ Did You Know:
- Fact: Zebras are actually black with white stripes. ?
- On this day in history: November 12, 1980 – The U.S. space probe Voyager 1 reached the planet Saturn. ?
? A Must Watch & Listen:
? Books We Are Reading:
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion
By Dr. Robert Cialdini
The classic book on persuasion, explains the psychology of why people say yes — and how to apply these understandings. A must read!
- The Messy Middle: Finding Your Way Through the Hardest and Most Crucial Part of Any Bold Venture
By Scott Belsky
The myth of a successful journey often appears linear, if not a little bumpy. It’s usually far more complicated than that.
- Lake Success
By Gary Shteyngart
Ever wondered what a hedge fund manager actually does to take home a cool $30 million even when his fund goes belly up? Read this book.
? Feel Good Monday:
- Determined baby bear refused to give up climbing Russian mountain. Watch the video.
? Eye-Catching Tweet:
- @heysarahsweeney: I’d really prefer a Xanax over the “I Voted” sticker, but I’ll take what I can get. #ElectionDay
Our very best wishes for a very fruitful upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team: David, Jeff and Dr. Anna