Welcome to the 225th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- The British political psychodrama – and why the world is watching.🎭
- Massive turnout in defense of Mexican democracy
- Should Ramaphosa be charged, he will gladly step aside, says presidency. 👨⚖️
- The Bank of England predicted the United Kingdom will experience the longest recession in recorded history.
- Mass layoffs at Facebook.📉
- Saudi Arabia’s real GDP grows by 8.6% in Q3 2022.📈 (as we have been saying, such huge opportunities in the region)
- Art in the workplace improves employee well-being, study finds.🎨
- How to win at Wordle. (without cheating)
- The Clash co-founder dead: Keith Levene was 65.🎸
- The Ferrari fugitives.
- Benoît Carcenat named ‘Chef of the Year 2023’.🧑🍳
- The ugly story of how corporate America convinced us to spend so much on water.💦
- Drowning death of crypto ‘visionary’ Nikolai Mushegian fuels conspiracy theories.
- How I learned to stop worrying and love uncertainty.❤
- What you can’t imagine clearly, you value less.
- A growing body of research suggests human behavior on social media is strikingly similar to collective behavior in nature.
- How tech is helping us talk to animals.
- Visualizing the composition of blood.🩸
- 3D Printing tech utilized to reconstruct patient’s eye socket in the UAE.👀
- NEOM invests $175m in urban air mobility provider Volocopter.🚁
- Scientists increasingly can’t explain how AI works.
- IKEA tests self-driving truck technology with daily 300-mile trek in Texas.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Reversing aging is no longer a pipe dream.👴
- Why more and more girls are hitting puberty early.
- Reassuring new data on statin-induced Lp(a) elevation.
- Can an annual flu vaccine reduce your risk of Alzheimer’s disease?
- What causes heart disease?
- Vitamin D is not actually a vitamin, but a hormone.
- Plant-based meat gets a reality check.
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Psychedelic drug research held back by UK rules and attitudes say scientists. 💊
- Ketamine may reduce suicidal ideation in Treatment-Resistant Depression.
- Are psychedelic drugs beneficial for people without mental disorders? 😄
- Psychedelic medicine is going beyond PTSD and Depression.
- The antidepressant effect of a single Ketamine infusion.🧪
- Gerard Piqué: an icon of Barça’s greatest team who changed how defenders play football.⚽
- Wimbledon is finally changing its despised underwear rule.🎾
- Cristiano Ronaldo says ‘Man Utd have betrayed me‘ and ‘made me black sheep’ 🐑
- Anthony Johnson: Former UFC title challenger dies aged 38 after battling illness. 🥊
Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- CZ to liquidate Binance’s hundreds of millions of dollars in native token of Bankman-Fried’s rival FTX exchange,
- The shrinking trillion-dollar market gap club.💲
- The death of crypto has been greatly exaggerated, again.
- Meta lays off 11,000 workers as Zuckerberg takes blame: ‘I got this wrong’. 💼
- The breathtaking collapse of Sam Bankman-Fried’s crypto empire.
Monday, November 14 Tyson Foods (TSN), Li Auto (LI), Tower Semiconductor (TSEM), and Oatly (OTLY).
Tuesday, November 15 Walmart (WMT), Home Depot (HD), Tencent Music (TME), and Advance Auto Parts (NYSE:AAP).
Wednesday, November 16 – Nvidia (NASDAQ:NVDA), Target (TGT), Lowe’s (LOW), Bath & Body Works (NYSE:BBWI), and Cisco (CSCO).
Thursday, November 17 – Alibaba (NYSE:BABA), Macy’s (M), Kohl’s (KSS), Palo Alto Networks (PANW), Applied Materials (NASDAQ:AMAT), and Ross Stores (ROST).
Friday, November 18 – JD.com (JD) and Foot Locker (FL).
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
IPOs that could price and start trading include KWESST Micro Systems (KWE:CA) and Bullfrog AI Holdings (BFAI). The quiet period ends on Prime Medicine (NASDAQ:PRME) on November 14 to free up analysts to post ratings.
What Moved the Markets:
Dow +4.1% to 33,748. S&P 500 +5.9% to 3,993. Nasdaq +8.1% to 11,323. Russell 2000 +4.8% to 1,887. CBOE Volatility Index -8.3% to 22.52.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +2.4%. Utilities +1.4%. Financials +5.7%. Telecom +9.2%. Healthcare +1.1%. Industrials +4.6%. Information Technology +10.%. Materials +7.7%. Energy +2.%. Consumer Discretionary +5.9%.
London -0.2% to 7,318. France +2.8% to 6,595. Germany +5.7% to 14,225. Japan +3.9% to 28,264. China +0.5% to 3,087. Hong Kong +7.2% to 17,326. India +1.4% to 61,795.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -4.1% to $88.86/bbl. Gold +5.8% to $1,774.2/oz. Natural Gas -7.8% to 5.902. Ten-Year Bond Yield -0.2 bps to 3.811.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +3.96%. USD/JPY -5.31%. GBP/USD +4.06%. Bitcoin -20.8%. Litecoin -13.%. Ethereum -21.9%. XRP -23.9%.
Top S&P 500 Gainers
SolarEdge Technologies, Inc. (SEDG) +32%. T. Rowe Price Group, Inc. (TROW) +30%. DISH Network Corporation (DISH) +27%. Invesco Ltd. (IVZ) +26%. Meta Platforms (META) +24%.
Top S&P 500 Losers
Cboe Global Markets, Inc. (CBOE) -10%. McKesson Corporation (MCK) -10%. Dominion Energy, Inc. (D) -8%. Everest Re Group, Ltd. (RE) -7%. W. R. Berkley Corporation (WRB) -7%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $45 target
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
- Palantir Technologies Inc. (PLTR: NYSE) 📈Big (beta) upside. $25 target
- M2Bio Sciences (OTC: MRES) 📈
- Wuhan General (OTC: WUHN) 📈
Quotes That Inspire Us:
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”
📖 Word Of The Week:
perseverance – persistence in doing something despite difficulty or delay in achieving success.
❔ Did You Know:
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Unfu*k Yourself: Get Out of Your Head and Into Your Life – by Gary John Bishop.
- Self Made: The Definitive Guide to Business Startup Success – by Bianca Miller-Cole and Byron Cole.💼
- The Servant: A Simple Story About the True Essence of Leadership – by James C. Hunter.
- Women in Science: 50 Fearless Pioneers Who Changed the World – by Rachel Ignotofsky.👩🔬🔬
- Vagabonding: An Uncommon Guide to the Art of Long-Term World Travel – by Rolf Potts.
“There are three kinds of people: those who can count and those who can’t.” 🔢
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Let’s Talk: the future of Crypto Nation Switzerland. Watch it here.
- Bloomberg Radio host Barry Ritholtz speaks with ETF industry pioneer Dave Nadig.
- Elon Musk interviewed by Ron Baron at the 29th Annual Baron Investment Conference on 4 November 2022.
Jeff is in Bangkok for 3 weeks to investigate and explore opportunities in the cannabis space as Thailand recently made it ”somewhat” legal.🌿 (still, more regulations are needed). Also, looking at the MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) sector. 🥋🥊➡️🤔
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
Please send any news, comments, or stock ideas to email@example.com and follow IBR on Twitter @IBullReport
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.