Welcome to the 176th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- The Singapore government will stop covering the medical bills for those who choose to remain unvaccinated to COVID-19. 😷
- South Africa’s last apartheid president FW de Klerk, oversaw apartheid and transition to democracy, dies at 85 leaving behind a conflicted legacy. 🇿🇦
- Son of late Libyan dictator Muammar Gadhafi runs for president. Libya set to hold presidential elections on December 24. 🇱🇾
- Thousands remain stranded at Poland-Belarus border – EU agrees to hit Minsk with fifth round of sanctions. 👩⚖️
- Tensions between Russia and Ukraine unlikely to lead to full-blown invasion – as military, economic and human costs would be tremendous. 🪖
- Goldman Sachs research outlook 2022: The Long Road to Higher Rates. 💹
- Fed is losing credibility over its inflation narrative, according to Mohamed El-Erian. 🏦
- The Great Resignation continues – A record 4.4 million people quit in September as consumer sentiment hits 10-year low. 💼
- “Our forecast for Q4 of 2021 is to recover 66% of all international tourist flows that we had in 2019, which was a record year.” – said the Spanish Tourism Minister. 🇪🇸
- Total household debt climbs to over $15 trillion in Q3 2021, driven by new extensions of credit. 💰
- Researchers find repeated link between volcanic eruptions and dynastic collapse in China’s Imperial Era. 🌋
- How the Ancient Romans went to the bathroom. 🚽
- New research suggests domesticated cats keep a ‘mental map’ of their owner’s location, an ability previously unknown in felines. 🐱
- 9 Victorian hobbies that seem weird today. 🥸
- Frank Herbert’s novel isn’t just about space messiahs, giant sandworms, and trippy space drugs. At its core, the sci-fi epic is about ecology. 🏜
- Dolly the Sheep scientists backed by UK Government to develop cultivated meat future. 🐑
- Rocket fuel for Mars could come from an organism in our gut. 🚀
- One man’s trash is another man’s treasure, Northvolt making new grounds in EV battery recycling. 🔋
- The ethics of digital technology in the food sector – the future of data sharing. 🥗
- Hubble captures the unusual shredded remains of massive cosmic explosion. ✨
- A new method to measure quantum entanglement in nuclear spin ensemble – a system of many interacting particles with long-lived quantum properties. ⚛️
- Fusion breakthrough: At the brink of fusion ignition at national ignition facility. 🔥
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Newly discovered vascular barrier in the brain may explain IBD-related anxiety, depression. 🧠
- Ranked: The most prescribed drugs in the U.S. 💊
- Neuroscience’s existential crisis. We’re mapping the brain in amazing detail—but our brain can’t understand the picture. 🖼
- HPV vaccine cuts cervical cancer cases by almost 90% – but one in ten girls still haven’t been vaccinated. 💉
- Sitting more is linked to increased feelings of depression and anxiety. 🪑
- Expectations and dopamine can affect outcome of SSRI antidepressant treatment. 🎭
- Has treatment for Alzheimer’s been sitting on pharmacy shelves for decades? Scientists have two possible candidates. 💊
- Alphabet chases wonder drugs with DeepMind AI spinoff Isomorphic Labs. 🔬
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Where the Psychedelic Revolution is headed, according to the guy who (arguably) started it. 👨🔬
- What happens when you mix cannabis with psychedelics? 💎
- Psychedelic experience dose-dependently modulated by cannabis. 🌿
- A marriage of cannabis and crypto. 👰♂️
- Psychedelics and mental health: This may be the next big thing in pharma technology. 🍄
- Patents on Psychedelics: The next legal battlefront of drug development. 💊
- We must address and deconstruct the stigma of psychedelics. 💥
- Largest psilocybin trial finds the psychedelic is effective in treating serious depression. 🔬
- Australian therapists to be given psilocybin to better understand their patients. 🇦🇺
- CT to track cannabis from when it’s planted to when it’s sold. 🧮
- The National Institutes of Health is helping to fund a Johns Hopkins study looking at whether the psychoactive chemical could help people quit smoking. 🚬
- Denver panel reports no issues since decriminalization of Psilocybin mushrooms. 🍄
- Psychedelic music studio closes $4.5M seed round. 💰
- Brazilian Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton wins from 10th after thrilling drive to beat Max Verstappen. 🏎
- Australia win their first T20 World Cup after eight-wicket victory over New Zealand. 🏏
- South Africa overtook New Zealand at the top of World Rugby rankings after win over Scotland and the All Blacks’ loss to Ireland. 🏆
- Novak Djokovic kicks off ATP Finals campaign with victory over Casper Ruud. 🎾
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Hive Blockchain to raise C$110M to expand Bitcoin production. 💰
- Beyond Meat (NASDAQ: $BYND) is sliding after issuing weak outlook amid ongoing production disruptions. 🥩
- Starbucks (NASDAQ: $SBUX) is mixing coffee with crypto. ☕️
- The power grid is just another casino for energy traders. 🎰
- The 10,000 faces that launched an NFT revolution. 👾
- Micro-blogging site Twitter is building a new division for “all things Blockchain at Twitter,” called Twitter Crypto. 🐦
Monday, November 15: Tyson Foods (NYSE:TSN), Warner Music Group (NASDAQ:WMG), Super League Gaming (NASDAQ:SLGG) and Advance Auto Parts (NYSE:AAP).
Tuesday, November 16: Walmart (WMT), Home Depot (HD), NetEase (NASDAQ:NTES) and Dolby Labs (NYSE:DLB).
Wednesday, November 17: Baidu (NASDAQ:BIDU), Target (TGT), Lowe’s (LOW), TJX Companies (NYSE:TJX), Nvidia (NASDAQ:NVDA) and Weber (NYSE:WEBR).
Thursday, November 18: JD.com (NASDAQ:JD), Alibaba (NYSE:BABA), Macy’s (NYSE:M), Kohl’s (NYSE:KSS), Workday (NASDAQ:WDAY), Applied Materials (NASDAQ:AMAT) and Palo Alto Networks (NASDAQ:PANW).
Friday, November 19: Foot Locker (NYSE:FL).
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
IPO watch: IPOs set to start trading next week include Braze (BRZE), UserTesting (USER), Iris Energy (IREN), Sono Group (SEV) on November 17, as well as KC Holdco (KLC) and Sweetgreen (SG) on November 18. Of the bunch, Sono Group is capturing the most attention. The parent company for Sono Motors describes itself as being on a pioneering mission to accelerate the revolution of mobility by making every vehicle solar. The company’s Sion solar electric vehicle is expected to be the first of its kind and more than 16K reservations with advance payments have been made. The vehicle will be produced through contract manufacturing with customer deliveries expected to begin in the first half of 2023. Sono Motors (SEV) believes that SEVs will be the next big wave in e-mobility and calls combustion engines a thing of the past. The company wants to take the solar concept to trucks, trailers and buses.
IPO quiet period expirations: The analyst quiet period expires on Vita Coco Company (NASDAQ:COCO), Enfusion (NYSE:ENFN), Portillo’s (NASDAQ:PTLO), P10 (NYSE:PX), Runway Growth Finance (NASDAQ:RWAY), Stronghold Digital Mining (NASDAQ:SDIG) and Ventyx (VYTX) on November 15. Analysts can start posting reports on Aris Water Solutions (NYSE:ARIS), Xilio Therapeutics (NASDAQ:XLO) and Minerva Surgical (NASDAQ:UTRS) on November 16.
IPO lockup period expirations: IPO lockup periods expire this week on Jiuzi Holdings (NASDAQ:JZXN), Oatly Group (NASDAQ:OTLY), Procore Technologies (NYSE:PCOR) and Virpax Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:VRPX).
What Moved The Markets Last Week:
Dow -0.6% to 36,100. S&P 500 -0.3% to 4,683. Nasdaq -0.7% to 15,861. Russell 2000 -1.1% to 2,411. CBOE Volatility Index -1.2% to 16.29.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -0.3%. Utilities -0.9%. Financials +0.1%. Telecom -2.1%. Healthcare +0.2%. Industrials -0.4%. Information Technology -1.%. Materials +1.8%. Energy -1.4%. Consumer Discretionary -3.6%.
London +0.6% to 7,348. France +0.7% to 7,091. Germany +0.3% to 16,094. Japan 0.% to 29,610. China +1.4% to 3,539. Hong Kong +1.8% to 25,328. India +1.% to 60,687.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -0.7% to $80.72/bbl. Gold +2.8% to $1,867.9/oz. Natural Gas -13.3% to 4.78. Ten-Year Treasury Yield -0.9% to 130.67.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -1.05%. USD/JPY +0.46%. GBP/USD -0.56%. Bitcoin +3.7%. Litecoin +25.2%. Ethereum +2.7%. Ripple +2.4%.
Top Stock Gainers
Pioneer Pwr Sol (NASDAQ:PPSI) +155%. Nuzee Inc (NASDAQ:NUZE) +146%. Evgo Inc (NASDAQ:EVGO) +89%. Tdh Holdings Inc (NASDAQ:PETZ) +64%. Everspin Technologies Inc (NASDAQ:MRAM) +59%.
Top Stock Losers
Cn Energy Group Inc (NASDAQ:CNEY) -65%. Acutus Medical Inc (NASDAQ:AFIB) -53%. Oncorus Inc (NASDAQ:ONCR) -48%. Amyris Inc (NASDAQ:AMRS) -43%. Yumanity Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ:YMTX) -41%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN) 📈 – $200 target.
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $100 target
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” – Les Brown
📖 Word Of The Week:
Tantamount [tan·tuh·mownt], adj. – equivalent in seriousness to; virtually the same as: “the resignations were tantamount to an admission of guilt”.
❔ Did You Know:
Your testicles have tastebuds.
Ancient ”penis worms” reveal a fascinating insight into early animal evolution.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
5 books that helped form billionaire Jeff Bezos’ leadership style:
- The Remains of the Day – Kazuo Ishiguro
- Built to Last: Successful Habits of Visionary Companies – Jim Collins
- Creation: Life and How to Make It – Steve Grand
- The Innovator’s Dilemma – Clayton Christensen
- Sam Walton: Made in America – Sam Walton
Q: What’s the difference between a good lawyer and a bad lawyer?
A: A bad lawyer makes your case drag on for years. A good lawyer makes it last even longer.
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
Masters in Business Barry Ritholtz interviews: Robin Wigglesworth on the Rise of Indexing.
China property bonds dive, fears of ripple effect.
On November 6, 2021 Starbucks founder Howard Schultz spoke with Starbucks partners (employees) at a Partner Open Forum in Buffalo, N.Y. (brilliant talk)
Is Venture Capital the secret sauce of the American economy? (great story)
Longevity Person of the Year 2021 recipient, James Lovelock explains how we can contribute to sustainability of our planet. Scientist and centenarian (102 years) has a lifetime of inventions and discoveries that have shaped how we live.
📆 Upcoming Events:
> Register Here < (Last chance!)
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.