Welcome to the 129th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- US and China revive backchannel talks; Beijing congratulates Biden.🤝
- Jones Day to prepare for a bad PR campaign the likes of which they’ve never seen before.😨
- Executive for Russian airline Aeroflot detained as alleged British spy.🕵️♂️
- US military using private spy planes to keep tabs on China.🛩
- What would Keynes do? What the 20th century’s most influential economist can teach us about rebuilding the US economy.
- T. Rowe Price’s decade-long misadventure.
- Hong Kong banks lose appetite for prime space in world’s costliest city as work-from-home becomes permanent after pandemic.
- Artificial Intelligence will change how we think about leadership.
- The El Paso Experiment: A Public Defender’s lonely fight against family separation.
- Are we wired to be outside?
- How Ticketmaster plans to check your vaccine status for concerts.
- The English word that hasn’t changed in sound or meaning in 8,000 years.
- The pandemic may be the greatest environment for business fraud in decades.
- We asked 24 women to reflect on images of ‘hot’ men—and it’s good news for those with ‘dad bods’.
- Elon Musk’s totally awful, batshit-crazy, completely bonkers, most excellent year. (you can listen to the 24 audio version as well)
- Barcelona is redesigning 21 downtown streets to prioritize people, not cars.
- Social media is making a bad political situation worse.
- ‘We’re going to the skies and stars!’ The man building our jetpack future.
- The root of microplastics in plants.
- Apple’s shifting differentiation.
- Bloom Energy (NYSE: $BE) Prospering In The Solid-Oxide Fuel Cell Industry.
- The ‘Coded Bias’ documentary is ‘An Inconvenient Truth’ for Big Tech algorithms.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- People who eat chili pepper may live longer?🌶
- Researchers discover two key events that turn normal cells into cancer.
- Tracking down the causes of a heart attack.
- Studying Greek EVOO’s effects on mild cognitive impairment.
- Major breakthrough in weight loss with Semaglutide?
- Why Switzerland became one of the world’s worst coronavirus hotspots.
- Cell aging can be slowed by oxidants.
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- During coronavirus pandemic, American consumers turn to CBD for stress relief, wellness.
- Magic mushroom therapy found effective for treating depression.
- Psilocybin delivers ‘Remarkable’ relief in severe depression.
- Israel lays out a plan to legalize recreational cannabis, looking to Canada as a blueprint.
- Doing peyote in the desert during COVID-19: A personal essay.
- A dive into psychedelics research with Jeff Robinson, CEO, Wuhan General Inc. (OTC: WUHN). (video)
- Study reveals physical demands of two-hour marathon.🎽
- Arsène Wenger: ‘The coach of the future will be a business director employed by a football club’.⚽
- Lionel Messi: Remembering the Barcelona star’s incredible 91-goal year in 2012. (amazing highlights video)⚽
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Canopy Growth Corp (WEED: TSE) showing robust signs of improvement.
- Overstock (NASDAQ: OSTK) has witnessed a wild and dizzy ride in 2020 – $2.50 back in March, $128 in August.
- Ballard Power Systems (NASDAQ: BLDP) Is Advancing Proton Fuel Industry.
- Five Prime Therapeutics soars 349% after positive cancer trial results.
This Past Week in the Markets:
Dow +4.1% to 29,480. S&P 500 +2.2% to 3,585. Nasdaq -0.6% to 11,829. Russell 2000 +6.1% to 1,744. CBOE Volatility Index -7.1% to 23.1.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +3.6%. Utilities +2.8%. Financials +8.3%. Telecom +0.8%. Healthcare +1.8%. Industrials +5.3%. Information Technology -0.4%. Materials +1.4%. Energy +16.5%. Consumer Discretionary -1.1%.
London +6.9% to 6,316. France +8.5% to 5,380. Germany +4.8% to 13,077. Japan +4.4% to 25,386. China -0.1% to 3,310. Hong Kong +1.7% to 26,157. India +3.7% to 43,443.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +8.0% to $40.12/bbl. Gold -3.3% to $1,888.4/oz. Natural Gas +2.9% to 2.971. Ten-Year Treasury Yield -0.3% to 138.07.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -0.32%. USD/JPY +1.25%. GBP/USD +0.24%. Bitcoin +8.9%. Litecoin +9.7%. Ethereum +6.1%. Ripple +10.1%.
Top Stock Gainers
Five Prime Therapeutics (NASDAQ:FPRX) +328%. Greenland Technologies Holding (NASDAQ:GTEC) +192%. Ashford Hospitality Trust (NYSE:AHT) +129%. Urovant Sciences (NASDAQ:UROV) +98%. CBAK Energy Technology (OTC:CBAT) +97%.
Top Stock Losers
Aemetis (NASDAQ:AMTX) -49%. eGain Corp (NASDAQ:EGAN) -37%. HighPoint Resources (NYSE:HPR) -31%. GasLog Partners (NYSE:GLOP) -31%. Quidel (NASDAQ:QDEL) -30%.
Upcoming This Week:
On the corporate side, big box retailers Walmart (NYSE:WMT), Target (NYSE:TGT) and Home Depot (NYSE:HD) spill numbers. Nio (NYSE:NIO) is also in the earnings confessional with a report that could impact Chinese EV peers XPeng (NYSE:XPEV), Li Auto (NASDAQ:LI) and Kandi Technologies. Finally, Boeing (NYSE:BA) will be closely watched to see if the FAA lifts the grounding order on the 737 Max.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN) (news here) (as we have been asserting strongly, the stock is on a roll)📈
- AgeX (NYSE:AGE)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF) (uplisting coming to a senior exchange – stock will move north)📈
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) (Medspresso™ line of CBD infused beverages launched – the company should/will be current with financials and all very soon) 📈
Agronomics Ltd (LON: ANIC) (slowly but surely moving up)📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
📖 Word Of The Week:
Contentious adj. Causing or likely to cause an argument; controversial. Involving a heated argument. “The terms of the agreement remain contentious between the parties.
❔ Did You Know:
Broccoli contains more protein than steak
Besides the usual nutrition one gets from eating their greens, broccoli has a great deal of protein. Calorie for calorie, there is more protein in broccoli than steak. And it doesn’t come with all those saturated and trans fats or cholesterol, so you can get all the protein you need with a significantly lower risk of cardiovascular disease with this healthy food.🥦
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- The Perfect Storm for Cannabis Stocks: Tony Greer, founder of TG Macro interviews Todd Harrison of CB1 Capital Management. (Todd is one of the smarter guys in the space)
- Barry Ritholtz interviews: Penny Pennington (CEO) of Edward Jones.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- ‘Catchlight‘ by Brooke Adams Law
- ‘Leave the World Behind‘ by Rumaan Alam
- ‘Digital Goddess: The Unfiltered Lessons of a Female Entrepreneur‘ by Victoria Montgomery Brown
- ‘Cary Grant: A Brilliant Disguise‘ by Scott Eyman
- When life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
📆 Upcoming Events:
- December 4th and 5th 2020
- Online event
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team