Welcome to the 79th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- Spanish election: Deadlock remains as far right makes big gains.
- Bolivian president Evo Morales resigns after election result dispute.
- Hong Kong protests: Police treat death of 70-year-old cleaner as murder. (Watch the video in the article to get a feeling for what is going on in HK – shocking and only getting worse)
- Reuters article that called Impeachment Hearing ‘Dull’ sparks a social media revolt. (Incredibly dull thus far)
- The wisdom of Peter Drucker from A to Z.
- Here’s why milk giant Dean Foods (NYSE:DF) just went bankrupt. (Blame millennials and Walmart) ?
- The great American tax haven: Why the super-rich love South Dakota.
- How a Scottish botanist stole China’s tea and changed Indian history. ?
- Switzerland decides to keep emergency coffee stockpile after public backlash.
- Stunning photos of Hong Kong’s Kowloon Walled City show life inside the crowded, lawless enclave.
- Two connections that will unleash a flood of human capital. ?
- No more two-hour lunch breaks: The slow death of Spain’s “menú del día”. (Would be great to see ”normal’ working hours 9-5)
- “Cocaine of the sea”: The illegal fish trade of the Mexican cartel and Chinese mafia. (Official trailer)
- It’s that time of the year again: Fall is here, and packs of robot dogs are frolicking in the leaves. ??
- Open AI has published the text-generating AI it said was too dangerous to share.
- MIT report examines how to make technology work for society.
- The Internet dream became a nightmare.
- The “doomsday” vault that protects the world’s biodiversity is expanding.
- Open Source Code will survive the apocalypse in an Arctic cave. (Cool video)
- Amazon to file lawsuit after losing $10 Billion Pentagon cloud deal, citing “unmistakable bias”.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Detecting breast cancer 5 years before clinical signs.
- Scientists find eternal Nile to be more ancient than previously thought.
- How much can we delay aging? A gene therapy trial is about to find out.?
- World’s first robotic brain surgery could be a game-changer for patients.
- I’m the Google whistleblower. The medical data of millions of Americans is at risk.
- Yale School of Medicine & CTPharma announce groundbreaking clinical study.
MEDICINAL CANNABIS & MUSHROOMS
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez voices support for decriminalizing psychedelics.
- Chaga: The Northern Ontario superfood that literally grows on trees.
- Second Cup to change its name and launch cannabis stores.
- Amazon founder Jeff Bezos interested in owning NFL team.
- Andy Murray is finding his balance between family life and his tennis future. ?
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- “Bitcoin is not real, and any purchase amounts to speculation“, says ECB’s ex-chief.
- The stock market has hit 19 new highs in 2019 alone. Why?
- Canopy CEO cites retail woes for Q2 bomb.
- The worst isn’t over yet for Kraft Heinz (NASDAQ:KHC).
- Pot companies reel from week of bloodletting as darker clouds loom.
? Stocks On Our Radar:
- B2 Digital (OTC: BTDG)
- Callitas Therapeutics (OTC: MPHMF)
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: CVGR)
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX)
- Plyzer Technologies (OTC:PLYZ)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV: THRM)
- Wuhan General (OTC: WUHN)
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
- ”A winner is a dreamer who never gives up” – Nelson Mandela
? Word Of The Week:
- Voracious adj. An eager approach to an activity. Wanting or devouring great quantities of something or somebody: “She has a voracious appetite for life.”
❔ Did You Know:
- The Cape Floral Kingdom claims nearly 7000 plants found nowhere else in the world.??? The Cape Floral Kingdom, which spans 90 000sq km, is the smallest and richest recognised floral area on the planet and was declared a world heritage site by UNESCO’s committee. Of the 9600 species of plant life that are found in this kingdom, around 70% occur nowhere else in the world. These include the likes of the Honey Buchu, Peninsula Snapdragon and Good Hope Satinflower. (Make the effort to get in touch with nature more often – so healing for the mind. In Scotland it is precscribed by doctors.)
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- How do you take an innovative academic theory and apply it in the world of investing? Barry Ritholtz interviews two of the greats: Eugene Fama and David Booth. Watch it here.
- Inside China: 40 years of economic reform and “opening up”. (Podcast on Spotify)
- Jamie Dimon: The “60 Minutes” interview.
? Books We Are Reading:
What makes a great leader? A recommended reading list by best selling author Simon Sinek.
- Man’s Search for Meaning – Viktor E. Frankl
- Turn the Ship Around – L. David Marquet
- Guns, Germs and Steel – Jared Diamond
- 1421: The Year China Discovered America – Gavin Menzies
- Quiet – Susan Cain
? One Liners:
- My girlfriend is always stealing my t-shirts and sweaters… But if I take one of her dresses, suddenly “we need to talk”.
? Upcoming Events:
- Master Investor Show: March 28, 2020 – London, UK
- Get your FREE ticket with the code INTERNETBULLR
- Have an event or company you would like to promote? This space could be yours. Please inquire at: email@example.com
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team
P.S. If you found this post interesting, share today’s IBR with a friend!
P.P.S. Two online banks you should deal with:
- N26 – www.n26.com
- Revolut – revolut.com (sign up with our link and get a free card for awesome exchange rates abroad!)