Welcome to the 29th edition of The Weekly Bull Report. 📰
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…👌
💡 Interesting Articles & News:
- Brexit: Theresa May braced for more cabinet resignations after day of chaos leaves deal facing defeat in UK Commons. Survey the damage.
- Trump says rocks thrown at U.S. military by immigrants at border will be considered “a rifle”. Read more.🔫
- Don’t know about you, but quite frankly we find it hard to post much about politics that is actually of use and interesting. 🧠⏭
- China censorship moves from politics to economics as US sanctions take effect. Find out more.
- Why the housing market is slumping despite a booming economy. Discover.
- Global economic expansion slowing down?
- Tumbling oil price more signs of a turbulent global economy? 🛢
- California wildfires: Number of people missing rises above 600. Read more about this terrible tragedy.😢
- Judge orders Amazon to turn over Echo recordings in double murder case. The reasons.🔎
- 16 popular psychology myths you probably still believe.
- A frozen super-Earth was discovered just 6 light years away. Check it out. 🌌
- When Elon Musk tunnels under your home. 🏠
- China’s new Artificial Sun is now hot enough for nuclear fusion and six times hotter than the actual Sun. To hot to handle? ☀
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Custom-grown bones, and other wild advances in Regenerative Medicine. Check them all out.🍖
- Lifespan and sexual maturity depends on your brain more than your body. New research.🧠
- The promise of plants for engineering human tissue. A game-changing science.👂
- Peanut allergy no more. 🥜
- Tackling Alzheimer’s biomarkers using machine learning. 💻
- “A horror story”: Chernobyl nuclear disaster wins Baillie Gifford prize. Discover why.
- Schadenfreude turns us into temporary psychopaths, according to a new model of the emotion.
- When it opens on December 1, The Canna Kitchen will be England’s first restaurant to offer cannabis-infused dishes. 🌿
- 13 year old dies from brain trauma following Muay Thai fight in Thailand causing a worldwide debate. Read more. 🥋
- Serena Williams named GQ Woman of the Year – but the cover sparks controversy. Find out why. 🎾
📈 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Bitcoin continues to plunge to a new 2018 low. More here. 📉
- $SNAP ($5.95) under investigation for misleading IPO by DOJ and SEC. (we said this would happen 16 months ago) 📉
- Manager of the Jupiter Strategic Bond Fund Ariel Bezalel is at his “most bearish in a decade”. 📉
- The tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite fell 3 percent as it continued a 6-week slide. The index was led lower by Facebook, Apple, and Nvidia. 📉
💬 Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” – Vidal Sassoon
- “Out of clutter, find simplicity. From discord, find harmony. In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity” – Albert Einstein
🔠 Word Of The Week:
- Octothorpe – Noun: The symbol #, the hash sign.
The origins of octothorpe are shrouded in mystery; we are fairly certain that the word began being used in the early 1970s, but we do not know what led to the prefix for “eight” (-octo) being added to the component for thorpe (“thorpe”).
Curious? Read more here.
❔ Did You Know:
- Fact: The average person falls asleep in seven minutes. How about you? Having problems? Feel free to reach out to Dr. Anna and ask how CBD just might help you get a great and well needed rest. 🛌💤
- On this day in history (yesterday): November 19 – It’s our founder’s birthday!! Don’t hesitate to wish Jeff Robinson a happy day 🎂
👓 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Podcast: Scott Adams on Dilbert & Trump
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Winners Take All: The Elite Charade of Changing the World
By Anand Giridharadas
An insider’s groundbreaking investigation of how the global elite’s efforts to “change the world” preserve the status quo and obscure their role in causing the problems they later seek to solve.
- Brain Food: The Surprising Science of Eating for Cognitive Power
By Dr. Lisa Mosconi PhD
Like our bodies, our brains have very specific food requirements. And in this eye-opening book from an author who is both a neuroscientist and a certified integrative nutritionist, we learn what should be on our menu.
👌 Feel Good Monday:
- A Wonderful World – BBC Nature.
- At 71 years of age, iconic singer-songwriter Elton John is crossing the globe for one last time on his farewell tour. Watch.
🐦 Eye-Catching Tweet:
- @aparnapkin: Sad when you realize you could have been friends with someone in another life but right now they are trying to talk to you & you are tired.
Our very best wishes for a very fruitful upcoming week! And a happy and healthy Thanksgiving Weekend to our American friends! 🦃
The IBR Team: Dr. Anna Jeff and David