Welcome to the 227th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Wishing everybody a very happy upcoming Thanksgiving in the US.🦃
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- The FDA has banned certain vapes and medicines. We still bought these 13 products in its backyard. 💊
- Donald Trump is at his weakest political position in years
- What would politics look like without Twitter?📱
- How Britain’s economic woes stack up against Europe’s – a close look at the figures.💼
- Economic Week Ahead: Final repo rate decision for 2022 will be keenly watched
- UPDATE | Extreme load shedding ahead as Eskom diesel budget runs dry.💡
- Divers filming a History Channel documentary about the Bermuda Triangle have found a piece of wreckage from the space shuttle Challenger, which exploded during its liftoff in 1986.
- Van Gogh’s “The Sower” latest painting to be targeted by climate activists.🎨
- Elon Musk’s former fans have lost faith in the idea of the billionaire genius.📱
- Mathematician who solved prime-number riddle claims new breakthrough.
- Someone just paid more than $200,000 for Steve Jobs’ old Birkenstocks.🩴💰
- Is this mountain biking’s greatest uphill achievement?
- How America’s top real estate agent sells 16 homes every day.🏠
- The world’s most enormous solar telescope array is now complete.🔭
- Read Elon Musk’s Friday Emails to Twitter engineers asking them to come to the office.
- The iPhone 14 Pro isn’t as big of an upgrade as Apple thinks.📱
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Are there “biomarkers” for aging?
- Morning physical activity is associated with the lowest risk of heart disease and stroke.🏋️
- Aerobic exercise reduces the risk of metastatic cancer by elevating glucose consumption.
- Funding will power Juvena’s AI-enabled drug discovery platform to map the therapeutic potential of secreted proteins.
- Scientists say Alzheimer’s is an autoimmune disease, not result of amyloid plaques.
- Researchers shed light on how different SSRI antidepressants may work to help fight symptoms of depression in the brain.💊
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Cannabis may benefit the middle-aged brain.🧠
- Cannabis turbocharging Thailand’s RM128 billion wellness tourism sector.
- Colorado votes to decriminalize ‘magic mushrooms’.🍄
- Would you let your teenager try psychedelics?
- Exposing brain tissue to psilocybin provides insights into consciousness, depression and anxiety.
- Babe Ruth’s glove sells for $1,527,500 at auction.⚾
- Max Verstappen says he could retire from F1 after Red Bull contract, aged 31: ‘I want to do other stuff’
- The Hundred to introduce first ever women’s player draft in major UK sport.🏏
Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Investing in Influence.
- Bitcoin mining in the crypto crash — the mining companies’ creative accounting.👛
- Jim Mellon: Longevity could be the best investment you ever make.
- After FTX collapse, crypto investors need to rethink how they hold assets, Blockchain.com CEO says.
- Central banks haven’t bought this much gold since 1967.🏧
Monday, November 21 J.M. Smucker (SJM), Weber (WEBR), Agilent (NYSE: A), Dell (DELL) and Urban Outfitters (URBN), and Zoom Video (NASDAQ: ZM).
Tuesday, November 22 Baidu (BIDU), Best Buy (BBY), Dollar Tree (DLTR), DICK’s Sporting Goods (DKS), Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF), HP Inc. (HP), and Autodesk (ADSK).
Wednesday, November 23 – Deere (DE) and Guess (GES).
Friday, November 25 – Titan Machinery (NASDAQ: TITN).
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
Medical device maker Marizyme (OTCQB: MRZM) has downsized a proposed initial public offering that could start trading on the Nasdaq. The quiet period ends on Mobileye Global (NASDAQ: MBLY) to free up analysts to post ratings on the autonomous driving tech specialist. The IPO lockup period expires on a block of shares for Singing Machine (MICS).
What Moved the Markets:
Dow flat at 33,746. S&P 500 -0.7% to 3,965. Nasdaq -1.6% to 11,146. Russell 2000 -1.9% to 1,848. CBOE Volatility Index +2.7% to 23.12.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +1.7%. Utilities +0.8%. Financials -1.5%. Telecom -0.1%. Healthcare +1%. Industrials -0.2%. Information Technology -0.9%. Materials -1.6%. Energy -2.4%. Consumer Discretionary -3.2%.
London +0.9% to 7,386. France +0.8% to 6,644. Germany +1.5% to 14,432. Japan -1.3% to 27,900. China +0.3% to 3,097. Hong Kong +3.9% to 17,993. India -0.2% to 61,663.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -10% to $80.11/bbl. Gold -1% to $1,752./oz. Natural Gas +8.4% to 6.371. Ten-Year Bond Yield -0.2 bps to 3.829.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -0.27%. USD/JPY +1.14%. GBP/USD +0.46%. Bitcoin -2.4%. Litecoin +1.7%. Ethereum -6.3%. XRP -0.7%.
Top S&P 500 Gainers
Ross Stores (ROST) +12%. Jack Henry & Associates (JKHY) +7%. Lincoln National (LNC) +7%. Enphase Energy (ENPH) +7%. Cisco Systems (CSCO) +7%.
Top S&P 500 Losers
Advance Auto Parts (AAP) -21%. Albemarle (ALB) -15%. Capital One Financial (COF) -15%. Live Nation Entertainment (LYV) 14%. Align Technology (ALGN) -12%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $45 target
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
- Palantir Technologies Inc. (PLTR: NYSE) 📈Big (beta) upside. $25 target
- M2Bio Sciences (OTC: MRES) 📈
- Wuhan General (OTC: WUHN) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“The unexamined life is not worth living.” — Socrates
📖 Word Of The Week:
The previous night’s temerity had landed the students in detention.
❔ Did You Know:
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Merchants of Truth: The Business of News and the Fight for Facts – by Jill Abramson.
- The Idea Factory: Bell Labs and the Great Age of American Innovation – by Jon Gertner.
- The Hundred-Year Marathon: China’s Secret Strategy to Replace America As the Global Superpower – by Michael Pillsbury.
- Measure What Matters: How Google, Bono, and the Gates Foundation Rock the World with OKRs – by John Doerr.
- Black Edge: Inside Information, Dirty Money, and the Quest to Bring Down the Most Wanted Man on Wall Street – by Sheelah Kolhatkar.
I recently decided to sell my vacuum cleaner as all it was doing was gathering dust.
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Psychedelic research: balancing trippiness with new scientific rigor.
- Bloomberg Radio host Barry Ritholtz speaks with Edward Chancellor, who is a well-known financial historian, author, journalist, and investment strategist.
- Medicine 3.0, developments in the field of aging, healthy habits in times of stress, and more with Dr. Peter Attia. (such a great communicator)
- Longtime Ford Motor Company CEO Alan Mulally discusses the formation of his leadership strategy and how you can apply his lessons to your life and business, the principles of how a team can work together toward a larger goal, creating a culture of love by design, the role of the leader, what happens when people opt out of working together, how to use the ideas of working together in your family life, and so much more. Watch It Here.
📆 Upcoming Events:
All quiet here – for now. 👀
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.