Welcome to the 177th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Wishing our US readers a very happy Thanksgiving 🦃 (did you feel the inflated costs?)📈
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Democrats aren’t alone in the cannabis game anymore – Republicans from statehouses to Congress are pushing legalization bills. 🌿
- China downgrades ties with Lithuania after Taiwan opens de facto embassy in the Baltic state. 🇱🇹
- DR Congo President Felix Tshisekedi orders mining licences audit, aiming to combat fraud within the lucrative sector. ⛏
- Libyans protest against Khalifa Haftar and Gadhafi’s son presidential runs. 🪧
- Prominent journalist Abdiaziz Mohamud, known for making programs critical of the armed group, killed by suicide bomber in Mogadishu. 💥
- More than a million vote ‘blank’ or spoil ballots cast in Argentina’s midterms. 🗳
- In anticipation of new constitution, Chile elects a president. Results are expected late Sunday. 🇨🇱
- China’s land sales slump for 4th month as property woes worsen, as cash-strapped developers move cautiously after tighter regulatory curbs on new borrowing. 🏗
- Turkish lira on eight-day spiral to all-time lows, after CB slashed rates and signaled more risky easing was on the way. 📉
- South Africa: How smart tech is helping small farmers stay competitive. 👨🌾
- UK Energy market crisis worsens with suppliers rejecting new customers in fear of making losses. ⚡️
- Mortgage refinance demand continues its free fall, as interest rates rise again. 📉
- Ethiopia hails return of artifacts looted 150 years ago. 🇪🇹
- Two men wrongfully convicted of killing Malcolm X are exonerated after 55 years. 🆓
- Is the Old Testament historically accurate? 📜
- Muonic X-ray emission spectroscopy study of Roman coins reveals thriving empires. 🪙
- Catherine the Great Smallpox letter, dated April 20, 1787, and addressed to a count, echoes Russia’s pandemic woes. ✉️
- How South Asian Devadāsīs temple dancers fought moral reform. 🕺
- How to fix Facebook. 🛠
- MIT physicists use fundamental atomic property to turn matter invisible. ⚛️
- New insights into the dynamic inner structure of the Neutron. 🔬
- Strange Quasiparticles – called Anyons – may be useful in future quantum computers. 🖥
- Digital transformation: The way for job creation in Africa. 🌍
- A new theory for systems that defy Newton’s Third Law. 👩🔬
- Big data study suggests human brain navigates by taking the “pointiest path” rather than the shortest path. 🧠
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Researchers found virgin olive oils high in polyphenols lowered the risk of contamination from common food-borne pathogens by up to 90 percent. 🫒
- Consumption of coffee and tea and risk of developing stroke, dementia, and poststroke dementia. ☕️
- The “background noise” in the brain disrupts long-memory signals by neurons. This noise interrupts the consistent rhythm of long-memory alpha wave signals in people experiencing identity confusion. ⚛️
- Study links stress to Crohn’s disease flare-ups. 🔬
- How herpes checks into the nervous system for life. 🧪
- Switching to a diet that includes more leafy greens, including spinach and kale, reduces inflammation and oxidative stress, and improved symptoms associated with chronic migraine.🌱
- Scientists report finding a second person to be ‘naturally’ cured of HIV, raising hopes for future treatments. 🙏
- Chronic stress and depression boost this brain receptor; a new study maps out how to block it. 📑
- Good or bad? Top cardiologist gives verdict on chocolate, coffee, and wine. 👍
- Scientists mystified as Africa avoids COVID disaster. 😷
- All disease begins in the (leaky) gut: role of zonulin-mediated gut permeability in the pathogenesis of some chronic inflammatory diseases. ♻️
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Malta to completely legalize CBD oil and other products when weed law passes. 🌿
- Ads about psychedelic substances, cannabis, and other things that promote “unsafe behavior” are now banned by New York’s Metropolitan Transit Authority. 🚫
- Alabama medical board proposes rules for doctors to treat patients with cannabis products. 👨⚕️
- Party leaders in Germany’s incoming government coalition have reached an agreement to legalize marijuana nationwide. 🇩🇪
- Psychedelics including psilocybin and LSD show promise in providing lasting relief from symptoms for those suffering some mental health disorders. 🍄
- Superfood Brand Identity launches new food item, a CBD-Infused bone broth. 🍜
- Researchers, Bioethicists discuss the future of Psychedelic Therapy in Petrie-Flom Webinar. 👩💻
- Could psychedelics and technology solve our mental health crisis? 🤔
- Metaphysics and mushrooms: Psychedelics can change how you think about the universe. 🍄
- Some advocates claim that widespread psychedelic use will change the world for the better. But it’s not so simple. 🌎
- Flies, Lies and Magic Mushrooms: How one man used psilocybin to treat his anxiety and depression. 🪰
- Terence Crawford stops Shawn Porter in 10th round to retain welterweight title. 🥊
- Argentina cap off glorious 2021 by securing ticket to Qatar 2022. ⚽️
- Chinese tennis star’s disappearance is warning for Olympics – Peng Shuai hasn’t been seen in public since 2 November. 🎾
- Uruguay sack coach Óscar Tabárez after record-breaking 15-year run. 🥾
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Why Wall Street is not yet on board with pot stocks. 🌿
- Sanofi makes $270M bet that a startup’s AI tech can boost its cancer drug R&D. 💰
- Starbucks opens its first cashierless coffee shop. ☕️
- US Chain CVS to close 900 drugstores to expand health hubs at remaining stores. ❌
Monday, November 22: Zoom Video Communications (ZM), Agilent Technologies (NYSE:A), Spire (NYSE:SR), Urban Outfitters (NASDAQ:URBN) and Niu Technologies (NASDAQ:NIU).
Tuesday, November 23: Analog Devices (NASDAQ:ADI), HP (NYSE:HPQ), Best Buy (BBY), Gap (NYSE:GPS), Dick’s Sporting Goods (NYSE:DKS), Dell Technologies (NYSE:DELL), Jack in the Box (NASDAQ:JACK), Dollar Tree (NASDAQ:DLTR) and Vmware (NYSE:VMW).
Wednesday, November 24: Deere (NYSE:DE) and Futu Holdings (NASDAQ:FUTU).
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
No IPOs are due to start trading next week, but there will still be plenty of action with analysts posting ratings on a large number of companies that went public last month. The analyst quiet period expires on Globalfoundries (NASDAQ:GFS), Fluence Energy (NASDAQ:FLNC), Informatica (NYSE:INFA), Rent the Runway (NASDAQ:RENT), Solo Brands (NYSE:DTC), Arteris (NASDAQ:AIP), Augmedix (NASDAQ:AUGX) and Marpai (NASDAQ:MRAI) on November 22. Analysts will also get to post ratings on HireRight (NYSE:HRT), Udemy (NASDAQ:UDMY), Entrada Therapeutics (NASDAQ:TRDA), Sonendo (NYSE:SONX), AirSculpt Technologies (NASDAQ:AIRS), Aura Biosciences (NASDAQ:AURA), Biofrontera (NASDAQ:BFRI) on November 23.
IPO lockup periods expire on Paymentus (PAY) on November 22, as well as Figs (NYSE:FIGS), Singular Genomics Systems (NASDAQ:OMIC) and Day One Biopharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:DAWN) on November 23. Centessa Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CNTA) and Zivo Bioscience (NASDAQ:ZIVO) see IPO lockup periods end on November 24 and LianBio (NASDAQ:LIAN) has its lockup period expiring on November 26.
What Moved The Markets Last Week:
Dow -1.4% to 35,602. S&P 500 +0.3% to 4,698. Nasdaq +1.2% to 16,057. Russell 2000 -2.9% to 2,342. CBOE Volatility Index +9.9% to 17.91.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -1.%. Utilities +0.9%. Financials -2.8%. Telecom -1.%. Healthcare -0.7%. Industrials -1.2%. Information Technology +2.4%. Materials -2.%. Energy -5.2%. Consumer Discretionary +3.8%.
London -1.7% to 7,224. France +0.3% to 7,112. Germany +0.4% to 16,160. Japan +0.5% to 29,746. China +0.6% to 3,560. Hong Kong -1.1% to 25,050. India -1.7% to 59,636.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -6.3% to $75.67/bbl. Gold -1.2% to $1,847.1/oz. Natural Gas +6.% to 5.077. Ten-Year Treasury Yield +0.% to 130.73.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -1.48%. USD/JPY +0.16%. GBP/USD +0.27%. Bitcoin -9.1%. Litecoin -14.6%. Ethereum -8.%. Ripple -8.8%.
Top Stock Gainers
Longeveron Inc (NASDAQ:LGVN) +195%. Meredith Corp (NYSE:MDP) +102%. Jowell Global Ltd (NASDAQ:JWEL) +85%. Casper Sleep Inc (NYSE:CSPR) +85%. Trio-Tech International (NYSE:TRT) +83%.
Top Stock Losers
Connect Biopharma Holdings Ltd ADR (NASDAQ:CNTB) -65%. Flora Growth Corp (NASDAQ:FLGC) -58%. Redhill Biophrma ADR (NASDAQ:RDHL) -42%. The Beachbody Company Inc Cl A (NYSE:BODY) -42%. Big 5 Sporting (NASDAQ:BGFV) -41%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN) 📈 – $200 target.
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $100 target
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“Given a 10% chance of a 100 times payoff, you should take that bet every time.” — Jeff Bezos
📖 Word Of The Week:
Usurp | yoo·surp | verb – [with object] take (a position of power or importance) illegally or by force: “Richard usurped the throne”.
[no object] (usurp on/upon) archaic encroach or infringe upon (someone’s rights): “the Church had usurped upon the domain of the state”.
❔ Did You Know:
What is the ”Stoned Ape Theory”? 🦍
📚 Books We Are Reading:
Bill Gates Top 5 Must Reads
- I Contain Multitudes: The Microbes Within Us and a Grander View of Life – Ed Yong.
- When Breath Becomes Air – Paul Kalanithi.
- Seveneves – Neal Stephenson.
- Sustainable Materials with Both Eyes Open – Jonathan Cullen, Julian M. Allwood, and Mark A. Carruth.
- Interventions: A Life in War and Peace – Kofi Annan and Nader Mousavizadeh.
A rich man comes home to tell his wife he lost everything in the stock market crash and they need to change their lifestyle.
He says to his wife: “If you learn how to cook we can fire the chef.”
She replies: “If you learn how to f**k we can fire the gardener as well.”
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
Todd Harrison On The ‘Trade Of A Lifetime’. 📈
Oat milk: Don’t call it creamy.🥛
📆 Upcoming Events:
Rising to the Challenge: Healthy Aging Forum 2022. 🧬🔬
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.