Welcome to the 130th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Wishing everybody a very happy upcoming Thanksgiving – given the circumstances.?
Programming alert – no IBR next week, we will be taking a 1-week break.?
Here’s a shortlist of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- New photos of Gavin Newsom at a birthday party raise additional questions.
- Chuck Grassley, second oldest senator, tests positive for COVID-19.
- Biden is under pressure to forgive student debt. (professors should pay a one-time tax as they profited immensely – how would they feel about that?)?
- The secretive town at the center of the world’s oil market.?
- Italian Lambo police car covers 300 miles in 2 hours to deliver kidney.
- George Clooney when we need him most.
- Inside the exuberant and empowering rise of Megan Thee Stallion.
- How 9/11 shaped Wikipedia.
- Postdoc survey reveals disenchantment with working life.
- Elon Musk is $8 billion away from surpassing Bill Gates as the world’s second-richest person.
- Michael B. Jordan is PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive 2020.
- Rape, abuses in palm oil fields linked to top beauty brands.
- Serbia mourns aged Patriarch’s death from COVID-19.
- Auto Exec Stephan Winkelmann will soon lead both Bugatti and Lamborghini.
- Why it’s so hard to recycle coffee cups—and why that’s finally starting to change.
- Inside the behind-the-scenes fight to convince Joe Biden about Silicon Valley.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Hyperbaric oxygen treatment: Clinical trial reverses two biological processes associated with aging in human cells. (the science on this is still rather cloudy)
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Cannabis users choose junk food over healthy eats to ease munchies.
- Ontario government should butt out of the cannabis business.
- Psychedelics as health and wellness aid? Not a hallucination.
- The Canadian government is allowing patients who are not terminally ill to legally consume psychedelic mushrooms.
- UK on the brink of a psychedelic therapy revolution.
- Gary Player’s final Master’s trophy is up for auction.?️♂️?
- Ellie Furneaux was going to become Britain’s next star in the sledding sport skeleton. But a series of concussions took a heavy toll.
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Bitcoin’s price approaches US$19,000 as cryptocurrency’s true believers bet on it surpassing its all-time record.
- How Copart (NASDAQ: CPRT) is making so much money from junk.
- Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) bulls took a victory lap after the EV automaker landed inclusion on the S&P 500 Index. Investors seemed to agree, with TSLA shares soaring some 25% during the week to touch $500. It’s massive: Due to the size of the addition, the S&P 500 Index Committee is seeking feedback on whether Tesla should be added all at once on the rebalance effective date or in two separate tranches.
Urban Outfitters (NASDAQ: URBN) and Warner Music Group (NASDAQ: WMG) on November 23; Best Buy (NYSE: BBY), Dollar Tree (NASDAQ: DLTR), HP (NYSE: HPQ), J.M. Smucker (NYSE: SJM), Gap (NYSE: GPS), Nordstrom (NYSE: JWN), VMware (NYSE: VMW), Dick’s Sporting Goods (NYSE: DKS) and Abercrombie & Fitch (NYSE: ANF) on November 24; Deere (NYSE: DE) on November 25.
What moved in the markets last week:
Dow -0.7% to 29,263. S&P 500 -0.8% to 3,558. Nasdaq +0.2% to 11,855. Russell 2000 +2.4% to 1,786. CBOE Volatility Index +2.6% to 23.7.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -0.8%. Utilities -4.0%. Financials +1.4%. Telecom -0.4%. Healthcare -2.8%. Industrials +2.0%. Information Technology +0.1%. Materials +1.2%. Energy +5.5%. Consumer Discretionary +0.4%.
London +0.6% to 6,351. France +2.2% to 5,496. Germany +0.5% to 13,137. Japan +0.6% to 25,527. China +2.% to 3,378. Hong Kong +1.1% to 26,452. India +0.6% to 43,882.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +5.8% to $42.44/bbl. Gold -0.9% to $1,869.8/oz. Natural Gas -11.2% to 2.661. Ten-Year Treasury Yield +0.3% to 138.52.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +0.19%. USD/JPY -0.73%. GBP/USD +0.75%. Bitcoin +17.8%. Litecoin +32.1%. Ethereum +11.9%. Ripple +28.2%.
Top Stock Gainers
HighPoint Resources (NYSE:HPR) +210%. Phoenix Tree Holdings (NYSE:DNK) +165%. Blink Charging (NASDAQ:BLNK) +134%. Arcimoto (NASDAQ:FUV) +125%. AYRO Inc (NASDAQ:AYRO) +103%.
Top Stock Losers
Brainstorm Cell Therapeutics (NASDAQ:BCLI) -63%. Rapt Therapeutics (NASDAQ:RAPT) -45%. Beyondspring (NASDAQ:BYSI) -40%. Oncternal Therapeutics (NASDAQ:ONCT) -39%. Ebang International Holdings (NASDAQ:EBON) -30%.
? Stocks On Our Radar:
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.
? Word Of The Week:
Voracious adj. An eager approach to an activity; Wanting or devouring great quantities of something or somebody: “She has a voracious appetite for life.”
❔ Did You Know:
? A Must Watch & Listen:
In the spirit of Turkey week:
How Ocean Spray harvests 100 billion cranberries in just six weeks.
Dr. Peter Attia interviews: Paul Offit, M.D.: An expert perspective on COVID-19 vaccines.
? Books We Are Reading:
- Fake Law by The Secret Barrister
- No Fixed Abode by Maeve McClenaghan
- The Running Book by John Connell
- A Nurse’s Story by Louise Curtis
- Lights Out, Full Throttle by Damon Hill
Always borrow money from a pessimist. They’ll never expect it back.?
? Upcoming Events:
- December 4th and 5th 2020
- Online event
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team