Welcome to the 80th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Democrat Mike Bloomberg talks climate crisis at MIT.
- Michael Bloomberg confirms White House run and kicks off $30m ad buy.
- London’s Camden Market saw the launch of the world’s first vagina museum. (in case you are wondering, there is a penis museum)
- Why millennial’s never want to leave their apartment anymore.
- “He got away with it”: how the founder of Bikram yoga built an empire on abuse.
- How being a cancer survivor has shaped my leadership coaching.
- The Plane Stowaway: The man who fell from the sky?
- How veganism became mainstream.
- Jack Conte, Patreon, and the plight of the creative class.
- Robert De Niro and Al Pacino: A big, beautiful 50-year friendship.
- Why study philosophy? ‘To challenge your own point of view’.
- Should the internet be a public utility? Hundreds of cities are saying yes.
- Electric cars—and irrationality—just might save the stick shift.
- This new ‘battery’ aims to spark a carbon capture revolution.
- Top 10 emerging technologies of 2019.
- Jim Goodnight, the ‘Godfather of A.I.,’ predicts the future fate of the US workforce.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Sleep is critical for productivity, but many still aren’t getting enough.
- Obesity is the leading cause of death in America. When will we talk about it?
- Why scientists need to be better at data visualization.
- Who shrank the drug factory? Briefcase-sized labs could transform medicine.
- Your microbiome begins in your mouth. Why don’t we look there more often? (interesting video) (his website is here)
- Assessing different HPV vaccines and vaccine schedules in adolescent girls and boys.
- Flu season is picking up, particularly in the South and the West, CDC says. 💉
MEDICINAL CANNABIS & MUSHROOMS
- Pet owners increasingly turning to CBD for their animals🐕 (Wuhan, $WUHN, to launch their Pet line in mid 2020)
- Can CBD positively affect your hair health?💈💇♀️ (Wuhan, $WUHN, to launch their hair care products line in February 2020.
- With Israel as partner, Africa can turn cannabis into an economic game changer.
- How NBA executive Jeff David stole $13 million from the Sacramento Kings.
- Toronto Maple Leafs fire head coach Babcock.
- African soccer legend Samuel Eto’o enrolls at Harvard University.
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Softbank is getting exactly what it deserves, and it’s thanks to something way bigger than WeWork.
- A coming out party for the world’s most valuable company: Aramco’s long awaited IPO!
- Slack’s (NYSE:WORK) plunges after Microsoft says Teams has 20 million users.
- FDA expert panel unanimously recommends Amarin’s Vascepa in closely-watched vote.
- Chinese furniture maker Kasen plunges 90% in Hong Kong trading after critical report by short-seller.
- Obscure ‘marble bubble’ stock which became the best performer on the globe just crashed 98%.
- Bitcoin price crashes as rampant manipulation continues. (we remain very very bearish on Bitcoin with a near term target of $1500, ultimately heading to $100 in 2020)
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- B2 Digital (OTC: BTDG)
- Callitas Therapeutics (OTC: MPHMF)
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: CVGR)
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX)
- Plyzer Technologies (OTC:PLYZ)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV: THRM)
- Wuhan General (OTC: WUHN)
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it’s not the same river and he’s not the same man.” — Heraclitus
📖 Word Of The Week:
- Opprobrious (adj.) Disgraceful; shameful. “His actions were opprobrious.”
❔ Did You Know:
- There are 8 times as many atoms in a teaspoonful of water as there are teaspoonfuls of water in the Atlantic ocean.
- A teaspoon of water (about 5 mL) contains 2×1023 water molecules, but each water molecule is comprised of 3 atoms: two hydrogen atoms and one of oxygen. Moreover, if you’d laid down end to end each water molecule from a teaspoon down end to end, you’d end up with a length of 50 billion km – 10 times the width of our solar system.
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- 150 years of Nature papers visually mapped – This five-minute video beautifully depicts scientific research and discovery as a visual network by mapping out the connections and second order effects spawned from 150 years of papers from the journal Nature. (Must watch)
📚 Books We Are Reading:
Our Top 5 Nutrition Books of 2019:
- The Omnivore’s Dilemma; A Natural History of Four Meals – Michael Pollan
- How Not to Die – Michael Greger
- Finally Full, Finally Slim – Dr Lisa Young, MD
- Read It Before You Eat It: How to Decode Food Labels and Make the Healthiest Choice Every Time – Bonnie Taub-Dix
- What to Feed Your Baby and Toddler – Nicole M. Avena, PhD
🤣 One Liners:
- And the Lord said unto John: ”Come forth and you will receive eternal life.”
- But John came fifth, and won a toaster.
📆 Upcoming Events:
- Master Investor Show: March 28, 2020 – London, UK
- Get your FREE ticket with the code INTERNETBULLR
- Have an event or company you would like to promote? This space could be yours. Please inquire at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
P.S. Two online banks you should deal with:
- N26 – www.n26.com
- Revolut – revolut.com (sign up with our link and get a free card for awesome exchange rates abroad!)