Welcome to the 178th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Jeff is back from an incredible learning experience in London at the Longevity Conference. Many great connections were made including a new partner to collaborate with: Longevity Technology 🧬 (much more on this in the weeks to come).
Sign up for their newsletter here. 📬
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Former Obama Doctor: “White House is doing everything they can to hide Biden’s obvious cognitive decline”. 🧑⚕️
- New German Coalition Government commits to promoting Alt-Protein Products. 🧬
- At NATO, Polish president calls for allied response to Russian troop build-up near Ukraine. 🪖
- Inside Nigeria’s farmer-herder conflict: The violence in central Nigeria is now one of the country’s deadliest security threats. 🇳🇬
- Central African Republic Government minister arrested and charged for war crimes and crimes against humanity. 🚓
- Kyrgyzstan holds parliamentary vote amid rising tensions after claims of a plot to unseat populist President Sadyr Japarov. 🗳
ECONOMICS (China Edition 🇨🇳)
- China plans to roll out nationwide property tax to help wealth inequality – concerns raised if it will become last straw to break the back of real estate sector. 🏙
- China expands African reach as Eritrea, Guinea-Bissau join belt and road.🏗
- China urged to be ‘vigilant’ to rising grain prices in battle for food security. 🌾
- Record 2.1M Chinese sit civil service exam in hopes of landing secure government job amid slowing growth and high youth unemployment. 💼
- China’s industrial profits growth rose 24.6% in October from year earlier, led by Government efforts to ensure supply and stabilize prices. 💹
- Dave Grohl retraces his life-affirming path from Nirvana to Foo Fighters. 🤘
- Taylor Swift sets record for longest no. 1 song, beating out ‘American Pie’ and the Beatles. 🎙
- Amateur Archaeologist in Switzerland unearths 2,000-year-old Roman dagger. 🗡
- What I learned eating at 8,000 Chinese restaurants. 🇨🇳
- ‘From Rwanda to Hollywood’: Kigali style goes global. 💃
- Canada taps strategic stockpile of Maple Syrup amid a shortage. 🍁
- Retrofitting existing masonry cavity walled buildings with a green or living wall could be a game-changer in helping countries achieve net-zero commitments. ♨️
- Juicy Marbles announces a $4.5M raise to bring its plant-based filet mignon to market. 🤑
- Time-Reversal Phenomenon: In the Quantum Realm, not even time flows as you might expect. ⏳
- Emergent Matter scientists successfully manipulate a single Skyrmion at room temperature. ⚛️
- Late diagnosis of breast cancer rises as NHS struggles in Covid crisis. 🏥
- A chip off the Moon may be tailing Earth on its orbit around the Sun. 🌚🌞
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Repurposed ALS drug shows promise in mouse model of rare childhood genetic disorder. 🐭
- Biologists show that helper immune cells disguised as cancer cells can help rejuvenate T cells that attack tumors. 🧫
- Eliminating old, dysfunctional cells in human fat also alleviates signs of diabetes, researchers report. The discovery could lead to new treatments for Type 2 diabetes and other metabolic diseases. 🌟
- By integrating multiple sensory inputs, a loop of mutual inhibition among a small set of neurons allows worms to switch between long-lasting behavioral states. 🧠
- Drinking higher amounts of coffee may make you less likely to develop Alzheimer’s disease. ☕️
- Does exercise affect lifespan? 🏋️♀️
- Metformin and exercise – déjà vu all over again? 🔁
- Longevica raises $2.5 million for open research platform. 💰
- The when of eating: The science behind intermittent fasting (Jeff is currently doing a 108 straight fast) 🥗
- The importance of muscle mass, strength, and cardiorespiratory fitness for longevity. 💪
- Only alcohol – not caffeine, diet, or lack of sleep – might trigger heart rhythm conditions. 🫀
- “Worlds’s first”3D printed immunized skin model enables cold plasma wound healing treatment for burns. 🖨
- Obesity rates soar in early adulthood in the US. 🇺🇸
- The gut microbiome likely plays an important role in health and disease but also influences our mental state. 🦠
- What we eat can affect the population and types of gut bacteria you have within a matter of days. 🌭
- The disappearing human microbiome. 🤷♂️
- Adults experiencing Depression because of social media use. 📱
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- CNN’s Sixth WEED Documentary features the benefits of medical cannabis for Autism. 🎞
- A Thai chain’s cannabis pizza is trendy, but it won’t get you high. 🍕
- Natural cannabis could reduce cancer, arthritis and heart disease. 🌿
- UK firm wins first license to produce medical cannabis in Guernsey. 🇬🇧
- Malawi agriculture minister asks Mike Tyson to become an ambassador of the country’s cannabis crop (with all the smart people available, they choose him?) 🥊
- The promise and pitfalls of psychedelics. 😵💫
- Hemp permit process to litmus test cannabis sector inclusivity. 🌿
- India takes the first steps to open up the market for hempseed-based foods (new massive opportunity) 🇮🇳
- Abrupt exits signal ‘disarray’ at Canopy Growth. 🚨
- A detailed journey through psychedelic events in human history, over 7000 years in the making. 🍄
- USA’s NIHC to develop CBD standards. 🔬
- How does depression affect the endocannabinoid system? ⛈
- Former pro calls for “Investigation” after another soccer player suddenly collapses. 🕵️♀️
- Novak Djokovic suffers Davis Cup setback as Serbia lose to Germany. 🎾
- Conor McGregor reveals planned UFC return date and injury update after broken leg. 🥊
- Another gruelling draw as Carlsen and Nepomniachtchi battle for title in World Chess Championship. 👑
- European roundup: Messi inspires PSG fightback, Sassuolo shock Milan. ⚽️
- How Serena Williams is having a massive social impact through Venture Capital. 🎾
🚨 Investment Opportunity: Shift Bioscience 🧬
Brought to you by Longevity Technology:
- Shift is backed by renowned angel investor Jonathan Milner, raising £3.5M in this round.
- Shift Bioscience’s technology enables a clear route to drugs that safely reset cells and tissues to a youthful state, mitigating the diseases of aging.
- Current cellular rejuvenation methods are unsafe as they are associated with teratoma formation (we suggest you don’t Google this).
- Shift Bioscience’s machine learning approach, which underpins its driver clock, is unbiased and it can provide a ready list of drug targets for cellular rejuvenation.
Link to the deck: https://www.longevity.technology/investment-portal/
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- E-scooter company Bird (NYSE: $BRDS) made its public debut through SPAC deal that fizzed out – down 20%. 📉
- Lime raises $523M as it too prepares to go public (another fad?) 🤔 🛴
- Evergrande (HKG: $3333) founder sells 9% stake for $344 million amid debt crunch. 💸
- Plant-Based accelerator backed by Kimbal Musk debuts on Canadian Stock Exchange. 🌱
Monday, November 29: Li Auto (NASDAQ:LI) and Navigator Holdings (NGVS).
Tuesday, November 30: Salesforce.com (NYSE:CRM), Globalfoundries (NASDAQ:GFS), Box (NYSE:BOX), Hewlett Packard Enterprises (NYSE:HPE) and NetApp (NASDAQ:NTAP).
Wednesday, December 1: Royal Bank of Canada (NYSE:RY), Snowflake (NYSE:SNOW), Crowdstrike (NASDAQ:CRWD) and Zscaler (NASDAQ:ZS).
Thursday, December 2: Marvell Technologies (NASDAQ:MRVL), Dollar General (NYSE:DG) and Kroger (NYSE:KR).
Friday, December 3: Big Lots (BIHG) and Hibbett Sports (NASDAQ:HIBB).
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
IPO watch: Nuvectis Pharma (NVCT) is expected to price its IPO next week and begin trading, It is a busy week of analyst quiet period expirations. Analysts can begin posting ratings on Evotec SE (NASDAQ:EVO), Allbirds (NASDAQ:BIRD) , Arhaus (NASDAQ:ARHS), NerdWallet (NASDAQ:NRDS), Claros Mortgage Trust (NYSE:CMTG) , Cadre Holdings (NYSE:CDRE) , MDxHealth SA (NASDAQ:MDXH) and Blue Star Foods (NASDAQ:BSFC) on November 29. Analysts will start buzzing on Cian (CIAN), IO Biotech (NASDAQ:IOBT), Real Good Food (NASDAQ:RGF), Biorestorative Therapies (NASDAQ:BRTX) and Mainz Biomed (NASDAQ:MYNZ) on November 30.
IPO lockup period expirations: The IPO lockup period expires on Dlocal (NASDAQ:DLO), which is up more than 50% from its IPO pricing level.
What Moved The Markets Last Week:
Dow -2.% to 34,899. S&P 500 -2.2% to 4,595. Nasdaq -3.5% to 15,492. Russell 2000 -4.2% to 2,246. CBOE Volatility Index +59.8% to 28.62.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -0.2%. Utilities -1.%. Financials -0.6%. Telecom -3.3%. Healthcare -0.9%. Industrials -2.4%. Information Technology -3.2%. Materials -2.3%. Energy +1.7%. Consumer Discretionary -3.6%.
London -2.5% to 7,044. France -5.2% to 6,740. Germany -5.6% to 15,257. Japan -3.3% to 28,752. China +0.1% to 3,564. Hong Kong -3.9% to 24,081. India -4.2% to 57,107.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -10.4% to $68.17/bbl. Gold -3.3% to $1,791.4/oz. Natural Gas +8.6% to 5.498. Ten-Year Treasury Yield +0.3% to 131.17.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +0.27%. USD/JPY -0.59%. GBP/USD -0.84%. Bitcoin -8.9%. Litecoin -12.4%. Ethereum -6.3%. Ripple -12.8%.
Top Stock Gainers
Longeveron Inc (NASDAQ:LGVN) +346%. Ispecimen Inc (NASDAQ:ISPC) +263%. Biofrontera Inc (NASDAQ:BFRI) +211%. Allied Healthcare (NASDAQ:AHPI) +71%. Pasithea Therapeutics Corp (NASDAQ:KTTA) +67%.
Top Stock Losers
Transdigm Group Inc (NYSE:TDG) -15%. Globant S.A. (NYSE:GLOB) -17%. Autodesk Inc (NASDAQ:ADSK) -21%. Okta Inc Cl A (NASDAQ:OKTA) -16%. Doordash Inc Cl A (NYSE:DASH) -18%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN)📈 – $200 target.
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE)📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $100 target
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN)📈 – $3.00 target
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF)📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF)📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“It is said that the darkest hour of the night comes just before the dawn.” 🌄
– Thomas Fuller
📖 Word Of The Week:
Crux [kruhks], noun – (the crux) the decisive or most important point at issue: “the crux of the matter is that attitudes have changed” | “herein lies the crux of the issue”.
A particular point of difficulty: “both cruces can be resolved by a consideration of the manuscripts”.
❔ Did You Know:
20 Things You Didn’t Know About Longevity 🧬
Consider yourself lucky to be alive today: In preindustrial times, you could expect to live just 30 to 40 years. Now, the global average is 72.6. 🌎
Luckiest of all was Frenchwoman Jeanne Calment, who died in 1997 at the age of 122. Calment gave up smoking at 117 — but never abandoned her habit of drinking a glass of port each night. 🚬 🥃
📚 Books We Are Reading:
Warren Buffett’s top 5 must-read books on investing:
- The Essays of Warren Buffett: Lessons for Corporate America – The definitive book on Warren Buffett’s views on everything from investing to management.
- The Intelligent Investor: The Definitive Book on Value Investing – By Benjamin Graham.
- Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits – By Philip Fisher.
- Jack: Straight From The Gut – A business memoir of longtime GE executive Jack Welch.
- The Clash of the Cultures – By John Bogle.
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
Ray Dalio goes into detail on how debt works and what the implications of extensive money-printing policies are for the stock market during this cycle. ⚙️
Michael Levin, Vannevar Bush Professor; Director, Allen Discovery Center at Tufts; Director, Tufts Center for Regenerative and Developmental Biology, Department of Biology, Tufts University; Associate Faculty, Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering, Harvard University: Robot Cancer: what the bioelectrics of embryogenesis and regeneration can teach us about unconventional computing, cognition, and the software of life.
📆 Upcoming Events:
Rising to the Challenge: Healthy Aging Forum 2022. 🧬🔬
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.