Welcome to the 170th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Inflation hits 30-year high in the U.S. 🤔 (imagine what $3.5T+ more debt pumped into the economy will do).
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Ethiopia expels UN officials – accusing the diplomats of interference in internal politics as pressure grows to lift the blockade on Tigray region. 🚧
- Georgia arrests ex-President Saakashvili after return from exile. 🇬🇪
- Balkan unrest: Tensions continue to escalate at the Serbia-Kosovo border. 🚨
- Powell warns Congress that inflation pressures could last longer than expected. ⚠️
- How blockchain can boost trade in Africa. 🌍
- Poverty in Argentina reached 40.6% in first half of 2021. 🇦🇷
- Mortgage demand falls as mortgage rates rise to 3.01% – the highest level since July. 🏡
- JPMorgan’s Jamie Dimon cautions U.S. default would be “potentially catastrophic”. 💥
- U.S. consumer confidence hits a seven-month low – while goods trade deficit widens. 📉
- ECB headache worsens as Eurozone inflation jumps to 13-year high of 3.4%. 🤕
- Supply, transport, and labor crisis threatening to deviate global economy. 📦
- The world’s top coffee-producing countries. ☕️
- Songs of Experience: Reminiscences of a Strategist. 💭
- Disney settles lawsuit with Scarlett Johnsson concerning “Black Widow” payday. 🤝
- How did Van Gogh become so famous in the last few years? 🤔
- The horrific stories of Japan’s Unit 731 and its connection with deadly medical experiments. 🇯🇵
- Daniel Craig’s James Bond legacy is up for grabs – here are the contestants. 🔫
- Street Art flourishes on the walls of Morocco. 🧑🎨
- Russia hosts the first royal wedding in a century in the former imperial capital. 🏰
- Coffee vs tea vs soft drinks: What caffeine drinks do countries prefer? 🧃
- The Smart Protein Project: Developing the next generation of plant-based fish. 🐠
- 3D Printing builds medical miracles at the point of care. 🖨
- Machine learning technologies are being used by Norbert Schoerner to convert text into image-making AI art. 🤖
- Popular decentralized finance platform Compound throws away $90M by mistakenly transferring to random users. 🤷♀️
- Coinbase trying to reimburse some 6000 customers who lost money from their accounts due to a phishing attack earlier this year. 💸
- El Salvador uses energy from volcanoes to mint bitcoins – further testing and installation of new mining equipment continue. 🌋
- Scientists come close to unveil that light creates matter, altering some understanding of physics. 👨🔬
- Time machine shows a way to reverse the course of pancreatic cancer before it spreads massively. 🔬
- Biotechnology moves one step closer to making 3D-printed human organs. 🫀
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Commonly prescribed gout medication found effective against COVID-19. 🦠
- AI could speed up lung cancer diagnosis by a year. 🫁
- ‘MIND’ diet may slow cognitive decline in people with Alzheimer’s. 🧠
- Adolescents who consumed food items of the Mediterranean Diet had higher levels of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties in their blood serum. 🫒
- From healing wounds to lowering inflammation, raw honey is so much more than just a natural sweetener. 🍯
- Restricting the hours in which you eat could reduce the risk for obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, and other ailments that can stem from an off-balance metabolism. ⏱
- Smartphones could be used to detect depression. 📱
- A vegan diet may be the best way to preserve muscle in older, obese people. 🥬
- Clinical trials vendor TrialSpark raises $156M to transform into a drug company. 💊
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Elon Musk might have his eyes set on Mars, but he says people should also be open to exploring internally with psychedelics. 🍄
- Psychedelics help ritual ravers achieve personal transformation. 🧘♀️
- A growing body of clinical evidence points to the efficacy of ketamine-assisted KAP in the treatment of depression, anxiety, PTSD and trauma.🔬
- The Future of Personalized Medicine for Mental Illness Webinar by Dr. Riyad Domingo (fascinating developments in the mental health space). 🧠🍄
- CBD trial to treat hallucinations in Parkinson’s disease.🌿
- Can cannabis help your gut? ♻️
- Magic Mushrooms may be the biggest advance in treating depression since Prozac. 🍄
- The Everest twin sisters promote adventure sports amongst women through Switzerland’s ‘100% women peak challenge’. 🏔
- Fantasy sports platforms gain traction as the second leg of the IPL resumes. 🏏
- Olympic transgender weightlifter Laurel Hubbard titles sportswoman of the year in New Zealand. 🏆
- 76ers withhold around $8.5M of Ben Simmons due to penalties levied on unexcused absence. 🏀
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Biohaven drug licensed from AstraZeneca fails Phase 3 test in rare neuro disorder. (stock up 10% on the week to $145) 📈
- The purchase price of cocoa to farmers in Côte d’Ivoire, the world’s leading producer, has seen a drop of 17.5% – leaving the already poor farmers with even less. 🍫
Monday, October 4: The Duckhorn Portfolio (NYSE:NAPA).
Tuesday, October 5: PepsiCo (NASDAQ:PEP) and Loop Industries (NASDAQ:LOOP).
Wednesday, October 6: Acuity Brands (NYSE:AYI), Constellation Brands (NYSE:STZ) and Levi Strauss (NYSE:LEVI).
Thursday, October 7: ConAgra (NYSE:CAG), Tilray (NASDAQ:TLRY) and Lamb Weston (NYSE:LW).
IFit Health & Fitness (IFIT) is expected to start trading on October 6, while Life Time Group (LTH) and Cingulate (CING) are set to debut on October 7.
What Moved The Markets Last Week:
Dow -1.4% to 34,326. S&P 500 -2.2% to 4,357. Nasdaq -3.2% to 14,567. Russell 2000 -0.3% to 2,242. CBOE Volatility Index +19.2% to 21.15.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -2.6%. Utilities -2.%. Financials -0.3%. Telecom -1.8%. Healthcare -3.5%. Industrials -1.7%. Information Technology -3.3%. Materials -0.9%. Energy +5.8%. Consumer Discretionary -2.4%.
London -0.4% to 7,027. France -1.8% to 6,518. Germany -2.4% to 15,156. Japan -4.9% to 28,771. China -1.2% to 3,568. Hong Kong +1.6% to 24,576. India -2.1% to 58,766.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +2.4% to $75.72/bbl. Gold +0.5% to $1,761.2/oz. Natural Gas +7.9% to 5.547. Ten-Year Treasury Yield +0.1% to 132.2.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -1.03%. USD/JPY +0.32%. GBP/USD -0.99%. Bitcoin +11.8%. Litecoin +10.5%. Ethereum +12.7%. Ripple +8.8%.
Top Stock Gainers
Paltalk Inc (NASDAQ:PALT) +151%. Grom Social Enterprises Inc (NASDAQ:GROM) +69%. Camber Energy Inc (NYSE:CEI) +59%. Pedevco Corp (NYSE:PED) +52%. Gogo Inc (NASDAQ:GOGO) +51%.
Top Stock Losers
Elite Education Group International Ltd (NASDAQ:EEIQ) -56%. Spire Global Inc (NYSE:SPIR) -49%. Omeros Corp (NASDAQ:OMER) -46%. Ensysce Biosciences Inc (NASDAQ:ENSC) -36%. Adagio Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ:ADGI) -36%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN) 📈 – $200 target.
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $100 target
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) 📈 – $3.00 target (screaming buy)
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”– Bernard M. Baruch.
📖 Word Of The Week:
Adroit [uh·droyt], adj. – means having or showing skill, cleverness, or resourcefulness in handling situations; “an adroit leader adroit maneuvers”.
❔ Did You Know:
Facts you didn’t know about New York City
1 in every 38 US citizens live in NYC
Toilet paper was invented here in 1857 by Joseph C. Gayetty
A child is born every 4.4 minutes in NYC.
NYC has the largest Chinese and Puerto Rican populations outside of their respective countries.
The Waldorf Astoria has a secret train platform within it.
Time Square is named after the New York Times.
NYC has a coastline of 520 miles, longer than the coastlines of Miami, San Francisco, Boston, and Los Angeles combined.
The oldest remaining building in NYC was constructed in 1652.
The Federal Reserve Bank holds an estimated 25% of the world’s gold bullion, equating to almost 7,000 tons.
Eggs Benedict was invented in NYC.
The Brooklyn Bridge originally contained vast wine cellars
Washington Square Park used to be a graveyard, with an estimated 20,000 bodies still lying beneath it.
Albert Einstein’s eyeballs are stored in a NYC safety deposit box.
It can cost almost $300,000 for a 1-year hotdog stand lease in Central Park.
It is a criminal offense to fart in NYC’s churches.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
5 book recommendations from billionaire Charlie Munger that will make you smarter.
- Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies by Jared Diamond.
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert B. Cialdini, Ph.D.
- Titan: The Life of John D. Rockefeller, Sr. by Ron Chernow – English version
- Three Scientists and Their Gods: Looking for Meaning in an Age of Information by Robert Wright – English version
- Genome: The Autobiography of a Species in 23 Chapters by Matt Ridley – English version
A young boy is asking his father how he got so rich in the stock market.
The father says, “well son, I do a lot of careful research. I find a stock that is solid, has a lot of promise, has good people behind it, and I take $100 and invest $100 in that stock. Then I take $1000 and short sell that same stock with the $1000.”
The son says, “how does that make any sense?”
The father replies, “cause anything I invest money in fucking tanks”.
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
Barry Ritholtz interviews: Jack Schwager on Trading Wizards (excellent interview – brilliant for traders/investors) ✅
Must Watch: The Future of Personalized Medicine for Mental Illness Webinar by Dr. Riyad Domingo (fascinating developments in the mental health space). 🧠🍄
📆 Upcoming Events:
Jeff will be in London from November 13 – 20 and attending the above event.
To meet with him send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.