Welcome to the 171st edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Most of your time is spent inside your head, make sure it’s a nice place to be 🧠🌱
Remind your loved ones today that you care about their mental well being 💚
WORLD MENTAL HEALTH DAY | 10TH OCTOBER
M2Bio looks forward to helping so many with the opening of its Wellness and Longevity Lab in Q1 2022. ❤ Watch our video here.
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- ‘Send us home,’ beg Afghan refugees stuck in UK hotels. 🏨
- Thousands of Tunisians opposing President Kais Saied’s seizure of almost total power protested in the capital with a very heavy police presence. 👮
- Gunmen raid Nigeria market, kill at least 20 people, as armed gangs continue to wreak havoc in the northwest of the country – leaving the state struggling. 🇳🇬
- Abdul Qadeer Khan dies aged 85: Nuclear hero in Pakistan, villain to the West. ☢️
- On the surface, Senate battled this week over avoiding a cataclysmic debt default. Underneath it, a brutal power struggle. 💥
- Probe finds that De Blasio misused NYPD security detail for campaign trips and ferrying his children – spending nearly $320K. 🚓
- US CIA creates a new unit to focus solely on ‘key rival’ China. 🇨🇳
- Insider trading at the FED raises broader questions of public trust. 💰
- Inside China’s ‘ghost cities’, the debt-fuelled metropolises trying to build living, breathing communities – with varying success. 👻
- Putin Blames Europe for current energy crisis after soaring gas prices spurred accusations that Moscow is withholding supplies to pressure the West.⚡️
- Argentina’s vineyards can’t bottle wines due to glass shortage, the latest example of supply backlogs. 🍷
- Green Mortgages: What are they and what are the benefits? 🌱
- US oil benchmark hits another seven-year high amid supply fears. 🛢
- The 25 most iconic book covers in history. 📕
- The editor of the independent Russian newspaper Novaya Gazeta, Dmitry Muratov, wins Nobel Peace Prize. 📰
- Actor that had performed at the theater since 2002, was killed by backdrop during Saturday performance at Moscow’s Bolshoi Theater. 🎭
- Is Star Wars cultural appropriation? 🪐
- What makes us human? The answer may be found in overlooked DNA. 🧬
- Academic journals adopt new business models to survive. 📖
- Visualizing Blockchain transactions. ⛓
- Facebook has removed and censored content in rights discussions between Palestine and Israel. 🤬
- Twitch’s security problems started long before this week’s hack. 👾
- New app allows tractor owners and farmers to connect in Kenya. 🚜
- How Twitter applied the “Jobs to Be Done” approach to strategy. 🐦
- Key takeaways from the fifth week of the Elizabeth Holmes trial. 👩⚖️
- Synthetic Media: How deepfakes could soon change our world. 🌐
- Facebook executive warns against getting rid of algorithm, defends safety measures. 🤔
- The difference between captions and subtitles (and why it matters for Netflix’s ‘Squid Game’). 🐙
- The solution to our E-Waste problem? Repair, don’t waste. 📱
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Israeli researchers 3D-print blood vessel networks for implantation. 🖨
- Radiation therapy reprograms heart muscle cells to a younger state. ☢️
- Scientists use 3D Printing to create injection-free vaccine patches. 💉
- Researchers have identified a brain rhythm associated with emotional conflict that appears to be a biomarker for anxiety disorder. 🔬
- DBS technique that targets specific subpopulations of neurons in the globus pallidus shows promising results as a treatment for Parkinson’s disease. 👨🔬
- People with genetic risks for Alzheimer’s disease may exhibit changes in brain structure and reduced performance in cognitive tests long before symptoms of the neurodegenerative disease become obvious. 🧠
- Participating in nature-based activities including exercise, gardening, and conservation, helps improve mood and reduce anxiety for those with mental health problems. 🏃♀️
- Biological age reversal seems closer than it’s ever been. 🧬
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Arcata, California has become the latest U.S. municipality to decriminalize the personal possession and growing of psychedelics – shortly after Seattle. 🇺🇸
- Psychedelic Capital: Novel Psychedelic Molecules. 🧪
- Proliferation of Psilocybin-Related drug development; Biden administration aims to reduce barriers to Schedule I research. 🔬
- Toronto University Health Network launches Psychedelic Psychotherapy Research Centre to further psilocybin-assisted psychotherapy. 🎓
- A visual guide to investing in psychedelics, explained sector by sector. 💰
- Ten psychedelic substances now being researched by 36 companies. 🍄
- Reasons for using cannabidiol: A cross-sectional study of French cannabidiol users. 🌿
- The first Ironman athlete with Down syndrome sets new goals: The Boston and New York City Marathons. 🏃♂️
- Tyson Fury knocks out Deontay Wilder to retain WBC title. 🥊
- Russian World Cup stadium strives to avoid White Elephant status. 🐘
- Car spinning motorsport resumes in South Africa. 🏁
- Saudi Arabian consortium completes £305M completes Newcastle United takeover and ends Mike Ashley’s 14-year reign. ⚽️
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Dolce & Gabbana sets NFT fashion record with sale near $6 Million. 💰
- Mellon on the Markets: A few thoughts on longevity. 🧬
- West Holdings (TYO: $1407) reached all-time high, is the future bright? 📈
Tuesday, October 12: Fastenal (NASDAQ:FAST) and Sleep Number (NASDAQ:SNBR).
Wednesday, October 13: BlackRock (NYSE:BLK), Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL) and JPMorgan Chase (JPM).
Thursday, October 14: Bank of America (BAC), Citigroup (C), Domino’s Pizza (NYSE:DPZ), Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS), Taiwan Semiconductor (NYSE:TSM), U.S. Bancorp (NYSE:USB) and Alcoa (NYSE:AA).
Friday, October 15: Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS), PNC Bank (NYSE:PNC) and Truist (NYSE:TFC).
AvidXchange (AVDX), GitLab (GTLB) and IHS Holding (IHS) are expected to fire off their IPOs next week. There is also likely to be an increased focus on Allbirds (BIRD), which has already had some investor buzz around it ahead of the public debut. The sustainable lifestyle brand, known for its on-trend shoes, is looking to raise $100M from the offering. San Francisco-based Allbirds intends to use the proceeds from the offering for general corporate purposes, and possibly to acquire businesses, products and services. Also nect week, the quiet period expires on Dutch Bros. (NYSE:BROS). The coffee chain stock has been a high flier since its IPO last month.
What Moved The Markets Last Week:
Dow +1.2% to 34,746. S&P 500 +0.8% to 4,391. Nasdaq +0.1% to 14,580. Russell 2000 -0.3% to 2,235. CBOE Volatility Index -11.3% to 18.77.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +1.4%. Utilities +1.5%. Financials +2.3%. Telecom -0.1%. Healthcare -0.3%. Industrials +1.8%. Information Technology +0.3%. Materials +1.%. Energy +5.%. Consumer Discretionary +0.9%.
London +1.% to 7,096. France +0.7% to 6,560. Germany +0.3% to 15,206. Japan -2.5% to 28,049. China +0.7% to 3,592. Hong Kong +1.1% to 24,838. India +2.2% to 60,059.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +4.9% to $79.58/bbl. Gold -0.1% to $1,757.3/oz. Natural Gas -0.3% to 5.6. Ten-Year Treasury Yield -0.9% to 131.03.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -0.22%. USD/JPY +1.05%. GBP/USD +0.49%. Bitcoin +14.7%. Litecoin +5.%. Ethereum +5.7%. Ripple +3.6%.
Top Stock Gainers
Voyager Therapeut (NASDAQ:VYGR) +113%. Xenon Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ:XENE) +111%. Chemocentryx Inc (NASDAQ:CCXI) +109%. Renren Inc ADR (NYSE:RENN) +75%. Nextplay Technologies Inc (NASDAQ:NXTP) +70%.
Top Stock Losers
Macquarie Infrastructure Hldgs Llc (NYSE:MIC) -91%. Prelude Therapeutics Incorporated (NASDAQ:PRLD) -50%. Allogene Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ:ALLO) -46%. Amplify Energy Corp (NYSE:AMPY) -40%. Nkarta Inc (NASDAQ:NKTX) -33%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN) 📈 – $200 target.
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $100 target
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” –Joshua J. Marine
📖 Word Of The Week:
Loll most often means “to droop or hang loosely.” It can also mean “to act or move in a relaxed or lazy manner.”
❔ Did You Know:
The World’s 100 Most Valuable Brands in 2021.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
6 Tony Robbins’ Book Recommendations.
- Principles: Life and Work – Ray Dalio
- Tribe of Mentors: Short Advice From the Best in the World – Tim Feris
- A Mind at Home with Itself: How Asking Four Questions Can Free Your Mind, Open Your Heart, and Turn Your World Around – By Byron Katie and Stephen Mitchell
- As a Man Thinketh – by James Allen
- The TB12 Method: How to Achieve a Lifetime of Sustained Peak Performance – Tom Brady
- Man’s Search For Meaning – by Viktor Frankl
What are a Ninjas’ favorite shoes?
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
Must Watch: The Future of Personalized Medicine for Mental Illness Webinar by Dr. Riyad Domingo (fascinating developments in the mental health space). 🧠🍄
📆 Upcoming Events:
Jeff will be in London from November 13 – 20 and attending the above event.
To meet with him send an email to: email@example.com.
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.