Welcome to the 124th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Happy Thansgiving to our Canadian subscribers eh. 🦃
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Deepfake democracy: Here’s how modern elections could be decided by fake news.
- Huawei: MPs claim ‘clear evidence of collusion’ with Chinese Communist Party.
- Charles Schwab is one of the biggest banks in America. That’s a problem. 🏦
- TikTok is Gen Z’s financial education hub. 🎓
- Inside the airline industry’s meltdown. ✈
- Brad Gerstner’s Altimeter Capital has an $8B profit on Snowflake. ❄
- Morgan Stanley to buy Eaton Vance, creating $1.2 Trillion asset manager. 💰
- Paris shuts bars to brake Covid-19 spread.
- T-Rex fossil sells for $32 million, becoming the most expensive dino ever auctioned. 🦴
- Beirut explosion was one of the largest non-nuclear blasts in history.
- Microsoft is letting more employees work from home permanently.
- How Machine Learning made hops-free Hoppy Beer (and other synbio wonders) possible.
- ‘Polish Amazon’ eyes expansion ahead of record IPO.
- With ‘nutrition labels’ and an anthropologist’s eye, Duke pioneers a new approach to AI in medicine.
- A ridiculously huge new solar farm just came online in China. 🌞
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Depression or anxiety? Metabolic blood biomarkers may tell the tale.
- AI diagnoses osteoarthritis 3 years-out from symptoms.
- Mental health toll of pandemic ‘devastating’: WHO. 🧠
- Artificial intelligence in COVID-19 drug repurposing.
- Two female CRISPR scientists make history, winning Nobel Prize in chemistry for genome-editing discovery. 👩🔬👩🔬
- Hepatitis is still a silent killer in Africa and elsewhere. 💉
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- The Body Shop launches three CBD skin-care products in UK, US.
- How psilocybin can save the environment.
- Decarboxylation: How to activate cannabis.
- THC may help treat acute respiratory distress syndrome in mice.
- What psychedelic mushrooms are teaching us about human consciousness. 🍄
- Researchers claim that ayahuasca tea helps the formation of new neurons.
- The case for funding psychedelics to treat mental health.
- ESPN to make sweeping layoffs in effort to save “tens of millions” in salaries as ratings plunge.
- Swiatek wins French Open to become Poland’s first Grand Slam singles champion. 🎾🏆
- Nadal beats Novak Djokovic to win 13th French Open title, 20th Grand Slam title. 🎾🏆
- Hall of Famer Whitey Ford, New York Yankees’ all-time wins leader, dies at age 91. ⚾
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Aurora Cannabis may not see profit for three years: BMO.
- Palantir (NYSE: PLTR) For now, still cheaply valued. (we agree)
Weekly Market Movement Wrap
- U.S. Indices
Dow 3.3% to 28,587. S&P 500 3.8% to 3,477. Nasdaq 4.6% to 11,580. Russell 2000 6.4% to 1,637. CBOE Volatility Index -9.5% to 25..S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples 2.7%. Utilities 4.6%. Financials 3.7%. Telecom 2.2%. Healthcare 4.1%. Industrials 4.%. Information Technology 4.6%. Materials 5.1%. Energy 5.%. Consumer Discretionary 3.9%.World Indices
London 1.9% to 6,017. France 2.5% to 4,947. Germany 2.9% to 13,051. Japan 2.6% to 23,620. China 1.7% to 3,272. Hong Kong 2.8% to 24,119. India 4.7% to 40,509.Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI 9.5% to $40.55/bbl. Gold 1.5% to $1,936.4/oz. Natural Gas 13.3% to 2.762. Ten-Year Treasury Yield -0.5% to 138.79.Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD 0.99%. USD/JPY 0.27%. GBP/USD 0.9%. Bitcoin 8.4%. Litecoin 8.8%. Ethereum 9.3%. Ripple 10.4%.
Top Stock Gainers
AgeX Therapeutics (NYSEMKT:AGE) 218%. Pioneer Power Solutions (NASDAQ:PPSI) 203%. Ocean Power Technologies (NASDAQ:OPTT) 143%. Marine Petroleum Trust (NASDAQ:MARPS) 121%. ReneSola (NYSE:SOL) 100%.
Top Stock Losers
Nam Tai Property (NYSE:NTP) -38%. Cytokinetics (NASDAQ:CYTK) -36%. Intrusion (OTCQB:INTZ) -35%. ShiftPixy (NASDAQ:PIXY) -24%. Draftkings (NASDAQ:DKNG) -23%.
BlackRock (NYSE:BLK), Citigroup (NYSE:C), JPMorgan Chase (NYSE:JPM), Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL), Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ) on October 13; Bank of America (NYSE: BAC), Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS), PNC (NYSE:PNC), Progressive (NYSE:PGR), U.S. Bancorp (NYSE:USB), UnitedHealth (NYSE:UNH), United Airlines (NASDAQ:UAL) and Wells Fargo (NYSE:WFC) on October 14; Charles Schwab (NYSE:SCHW), Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS), Truist (NYSE:TFC) and Walgreens Boots Alliance (NASDAQ:WBA) on October 15; Ally Financial (NYSE:ALLY), Bank of New York Mellon (NYSE:BK) and J.B Hunt Transport (JBH) on October 16.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical – (nice move from $65 to $78 this week)📈
- AgeX (NYSE:AGE) – (we called it just 4 months ago, a massive return)📈
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) (Press Release this week here)
Agronomics Ltd (LON: ANIC)
🎁 Our Pick Of The Week:
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
It’s never too late to be who you might have been.
– George Eliot
📖 Word Of The Week:
Predacious adj. Predatory; Given to victimizing, plundering, or destroying for one’s own gain.
“A victim of predacious behavior.”
❔ Did You Know:
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Watch Mark Knopfler, Rosanne Cash, Darius Rucker, Peter Frampton and more cover ‘Stand By Me’.
- Dr. Peter Attia interviews: Carol Tavris, Ph.D. & Elliot Aronson, Ph.D.: Recognizing and overcoming cognitive dissonance.
- Barry Ritholtz interviews: Dave Portnoy, founder of Barstool Sports.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
5 inspiring books top women leaders:
- #GirlBoss by Sophia Amoruso
- Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes
- Shark Tales: How I Turned $1,000 Into a Billion Dollar Business by Barbara Corcoran
- Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
- Leapfrog: The New Revolution for Women Entrepreneurs by Nathalie Molina Niño
Be nice to your kids. They’ll choose your nursing home. 🧓
📆 Upcoming Events:
- The show will now take place online over two days (December 4th and 5th )
- Online event
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team