Welcome to the 73rd edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
For all of our Canadian friends – Happy Thanksgiving! 🦃🍁
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Portugal election: Socialists retain power with increased share of the vote.
- Brexit talks fail to yield breakthrough with timely deal feared ‘impossible’.
- Market outlook Q4 2019 – More upside ahead, says Julius Bar. 📈
- IPO lessons for public market investors.
- How Charles Schwab took his eponymous firm public.
- Palaces of the people: Soviet metro stations – in pictures.
- Meet America’s newest military giant: Amazon.
- Payments giants abandon Facebook’s Libra cryptocurrency.
- How old is your brain? This AI can tell you. 🧠
- Nobel awarded for lithium-ion batteries and portable power. 🔋
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Three scientists win Nobel Prize in medicine for discovering how cells sense and adapt to oxygen levels.
- Ancient philosophic scrolls – scorched by Vesuvius – could be made readable once again. 📜 (More technical here)
- Important questions on how mental illness is currently diagnosed.
- On the heels of a $37 million financing just a few weeks ago, Alex Zhavoronkov and his Insilico Medicine team continue to deliver with a very sizable $200 Million deal. Hard smart work pays off. 💲👩🔬🔬🧪 (They all work around the clock 7 days a week)
- Meet the world’s greatest pumpkin carver. 🎃
- The most unusual ways many African countries got their names. 🤔
- Monty Python at 50 – a half-century of silly walks, edible props and dead parrots.
MEDICINAL CANNABIS & MUSHROOMS
- Cannabis goes down under for first-ever human trial on Dementia. (Great news!)
- Santa Rosa chef John Ash explores the magic of mushrooms. 🍄 (Wuhan will be launching a line of mushroom-based products)
- How psychedelic substances can help treat anxiety, depression and other mental illnesses.
- The good, the bad and the ugly from Canada’s first year of legal pot.
- Coco Gauff beats Jelena Ostapenko to claim first WTA title aged 15. 🎾
- Japan hang on to reach Rugby World Cup last eight and send Scotland out. 🏉
- Simone Biles became the most decorated gymnast in world championship history on Sunday. 🤸♀️
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Ra Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ: RARX) shares closed up 100% to $45.64. To be acquired by UCB for $48 in cash per share.
- Meatless meat (NASDAQ: BYND) is becoming mainstream – and it’s sparking a backlash. (Good read)
- Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) hits all-time high.📈
- Is Amazon unstoppable? Read why here.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Callitas Therapeutics (OTC: MPHMF)
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: CVGR)
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX)
- Plyzer Technologies (OTC:PLYZ) (In today’s Spanish paper)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV: THRM)
- Wuhan General (OTC: WUHN)
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “Everything flows, and nothing abides, everything gives way, and nothing stays fixed.” – Heraclitus
📖 Word Of The Week:
- Quizzically: Having a confused expression. ”John looked at Felix quizzically, not understanding what Felix was asking him.”
❔ Did You Know:
- There are about 96,000 km of blood vessels in the human body.🩸
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Fashion Fail: Where did Forever 21 go wrong? Wharton’s Barbara Kahn and Lehigh’s Ludovica Cesareo discuss the reasons behind Forever 21’s bankruptcy filing. (24 minute podcast)
- Frontline: A searing, on-the-ground look at President Rodrigo Duterte’s deadly campaign against suspected drug dealers and users in the Philippines. Watch it here.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
6 Tony Robbins’ Book Recommendations.
- Principles: Life and Work – Ray Dalio
- Tribe of Mentors: Short Advice From the Best in the World – Tim Feris
- A Mind at Home with Itself: How Asking Four Questions Can Free Your Mind, Open Your Heart, and Turn Your World Around – By Byron Katie and Stephen Mitchell
- As a Man Thinketh – by James Allen
- The TB12 Method: How to Achieve a Lifetime of Sustained Peak Performance – tom Brady
- Man’s Search For Meaning – by Viktor Frankl
🤣 One Liners:
- Doctor: I’ve got very bad news – you’ve got cancer and Alzheimer’s.
- Patient: Well, at least I don’t have cancer.
📆 Upcoming Events:
- Master Investor Show: March 28, 2020 – London, UK
- Get your FREE ticket with the code INTERNETBULLR
- Have an event or company you would like to promote? This space could be yours. Please inquire at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
P.S. Flight delayed or cancelled? Get compensated by the airline in 3 easy steps! 💰
PPS. 43 IBR subscribers have signed up and are hosting with Airbnb! 🏘 What are you waiting for? Sign up by clicking here: www.airbnb.com, get your listing published and start earning a significant second income – And meet new people 🤝
PPPS. Two online banks you should deal with:
- N26 – www.n26.com
- Revolut – revolut.com (sign up with our link and get a free card for awesome exchange rates abroad!)