Welcome to the 222nd edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Tulsi Gabbard leaves Democratic Party, denounces it as ‘elitist cabal’.
- The world according to Xi Jinping.
- A Ponzi scheme by any other name: the bursting of China’s property bubble.📉(we have been warning about this big-time)
- Toronto ranks first overall on the Swiss wealth management firm’s list of global cities at risk of housing bubbles.
- Zimbabwe will keep the world’s highest interest rate.
- Federal judges boycott Yale law grads, citing free speech concerns.⚖️
- Immersing Africa in the world of NFT art.
- Actress Angela Lansbury dead at 96.
- Elon Musk presents the latest prototype of a humanoid robot developed by Tesla.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- What are the 8 hallmarks of cancer?
- Can anxiety make you have to poop?💩
- Manuka honey helps combat antibiotic-resistant lung infections.🍯
- How are inflammation, aging, and diet related?
- Age vs. Genetics: Which is more important for determining how we age?👴
- Brain organoids are helping researchers map the molecular, genetic, and structural changes that occur during brain development.🧠
- Daylight hours impact opioid receptor levels in brown fat.
- Vegetarians more likely to be depressed than meat-eaters.
- How the darker days downshift your metabolism and mood.🌃
- Neuropathy pain-relieving cells discovered in Japan.
- Coffee? Keto? Olive Oil? New tool surfaces science behind diet and habits.
- Faster brain imaging technique seems to overcome limitations of current MRI scans.
- Coffee drinking is associated with increased longevity.
- How an addicted brain works.
- Brain Basics: Understanding sleep.🛌
- How much obesity costs South Africa.
- How the brain clears toxins.🧹
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Courts could throw state marijuana markets into disarray.
- Regulators finally approve hempcrete for US homes.
- NYC smoke shops are selling magic mushroom candy bars. (beyond stupid)
- Clinical effectiveness of intravenous ketamine infusions in a large community sample of patients with treatment-resistant depression, suicidal ideation, and generalized anxiety symptoms. (more here)
- Psilocybin study to investigate the serotonin system in Autism.
- Can LSD and ‘Magic Mushrooms’ treat migraine and cluster headache?
- Max Verstappen was crowned Formula One Champion at Japanese Grand Prix🏁🏎
- Sharks only South African winners in URC. 🦈🏉
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
Monday, October 17 – Bank of America (BAC), Charles Schwab (SCHW), and Bank of New York Mellon (BK)
Tuesday, October 18 – Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), Lockheed Martin (LMT), United Airlines (NASDAQ: UAL), Goldman Sachs (GS), and Netflix (NFLX).
Wednesday, October 19 – Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA), Procter & Gamble (PG), Abbott Laboratories (ABT), Travelers Companies (TRV), Las Vegas Sands (LVS), and IBM (IBM).
Thursday, October 20 – Philip Morris International (PM), AT&T (T), Union Pacific (UNP), Dow (DOW), and Tractor Supply (TSCO).
Friday, October 21 – Verizon (VZ), American Express (AXP), and Barclays (BCS).
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
Immune therapeutics developer Alopexx (NASDAQ: ALPX) is expected to start trading on October 19. The quiet period ends on Loop Media (NYSE: LPTV) on October 17. Watch Context Therapeutics (CNTX) and FRNT Financial (OTCPK: FRFLF) with IPO lockups hitting next week for blocks of shares.
What Moved the Markets:
Dow +1.2% to 29,635. S&P 500 -1.6% to 3,583. Nasdaq -3.1% to 10,321. Russell 2000 -1.2% to 1,682. CBOE Volatility Index +2.1% to 32.02.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +1.5%. Utilities -2.6%. Financials +0.2%. Telecom -1.9%. Healthcare +0.8%. Industrials -0.6%. Information Technology -3.2%. Materials -1.9%. Energy -1.9%. Consumer Discretionary -4.1%.
London -1.9% to 6,859. France +1.1% to 5,932. Germany +1.3% to 12,438. Japan -0.1% to 27,091. China +1.6% to 3,072. Hong Kong -6.5% to 16,588. India -0.5% to 57,920.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -7.7% to $85.55/bbl. Gold -3.5% to $1,650.2/oz. Natural Gas -4% to 6.476. Ten-Year Bond Yield -0.2 bps to 4.023.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -0.21%. USD/JPY +2.35%. GBP/USD +0.86%. Bitcoin -1.3%. Litecoin -2.9%. Ethereum -1.3%. XRP -6.4%.
Top S&P 500 Gainers
Moderna (MRNA) +12%. Amgen (AMGN) +10%. Viatris (VTRS) +9%. Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) +9%. The Kraft Heinz (KHC) +8%.
Top S&P 500 Losers
Wynn Resorts (WYNN) -23%. First Republic Bank (FRC) -18%. Las Vegas Sands (LVS) -17%. Etsy (ETSY) -16%. KLA (KLAC) -16%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $45 target
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
- M2Bio Sciences (OTC: MRES) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right” – Henry Ford
📖 Word Of The Week:
Confidence – [con·fi·dence] – a feeling or consciousness of one’s powers or of reliance on one’s circumstances.
“It takes time to build confidence when you are learning a new skill”
❔ Did You Know:
Professional cheesemakers are studying if music can change the taste of cheese. Sweet dreams are made of cheese! Swiss cheesemaker, Beat Wampfler, plays songs from bands like Led Zeppelin and A Tribe Called Quest during his cheese-producing process and, with the help of students from the University of the Arts in Bern, he’s studying to see if and how music can change the flavor of his Emmental cheese. 🧀
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Factfulness: Ten Reasons We’re Wrong About the World–and Why Things Are Better Than You Think – by Hans & Ola Rosling.
- Can Democracy Survive Global Capitalism? – by Robert Kuttner.
- The Life-Changing Magic Of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing – by Marie Kondo.
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck – by Mark Manson.
Today a man knocked on my door and asked for a small donation toward the local swimming pool. I gave him a glass of water.
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- The Origin of the Wuhan Coronavirus. Watch it here.📽️(1-hour documentary)
- David McRaney on the Science Behind Persuasion.
📆 Upcoming Events:
THE FUNDAMENTALS OF CRYPTOCURRENCIES:
UNDERSTANDING THE OPPORTUNITIES AND PITFALLS
With Sarah Lowther, Master Investor, and Rufus Round, CEO of GlobalBlock
In an economic environment high on uncertainty with markets struggling to keep pace with inflation, Cryptocurrencies are being used by institutional and private investors alike as a hedge to balance out portfolios. As a consequence Cryptocurrencies are increasingly becoming a common part of investor portfolios. Established institutional investors such as Blackrock are now offering access to Bitcoin, while Cryptocurrency investment platforms, such as Globalblock are making it simpler for private investors to get involved.
While Cryptocurrencies are gaining wider acceptance, it remains the case that many investor simply do not understand them. Inevitably this prevents those investor from understanding if and how they can or should be including Cryptocurrencies in their own portfolios. In this webinar, Sarah Lowther will interview Rufus Round, CEO of GlobalBlock to answer your questions and prove a better understanding of the fundamentals of Cryptocurrencies.
20 October 2022 | 1pm | Online
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.