Welcome to the 172nd edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Michigan Schools cancel Halloween and Valentine’s Day to be more ‘Inclusive’ and ‘Equitable’.
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg has been on paid paternity leave for months amid supply chain crisis. 🍼
- Argentina’s government agrees on a 90-day price freeze for more than 1,200 products – latest attempt to win back voters and tackle runaway inflation. 🇦🇷
- Hundreds of Sudanese protests calling for the fall of transition government accusing it of having “failed” to get them out of political and economic stagnation. 🇸🇩
- Lebanon’s Hezbollah agrees to third shipment of Iranian fuel – risking sanctions. 🛢
- White House scrambles to address the looming Christmas supply chain crisis, risking new economic and political turbulence. 🎄
- Will Beijing sharpen its laws to punish ‘Taiwan separatists’? 🇨🇳
- What the record spike in “Quits” says about the job market, inflation, and how labor gained pricing power. 💼
- Stagflation ‘Just Around the Corner’: Grassley. 💹
- U.S. consumer prices in September accelerated at their fastest annual rate in 13 years. 🚀
- UNESCO predicts African cinema could create 20 million jobs and contribute $20B to the continent’s combined GDP. 🎥
- What China’s Evergrande crisis means for its real estate market and the world. 🏙
- Fed says it could begin ‘gradual tapering process’ by mid-November. 💸
- The pandemic has caused extreme unemployment and poverty in Latin America that a growth rebound is not enough to recover. 📉
- BOJ likely to cut growth forecast as supply constraints in Asian factories hit output. 🏭
- A record 4.3 million workers quit their jobs in August – seen as worker confidence who feel they are secure in finding employment elsewhere. ❌
- Buttigieg: Supply Chain clog happening in part because Biden has ‘Successfully Guided This Economy’. 🚢
- How musicologists and scientists used AI to complete Beethoven’s unfinished 10th Symphony. 🎶
- William Shatner, 90, who played the captain of the Starship Enterprise on “Star Trek,” blasted into the final frontier. 🚀
- Infamous German art forger Wolfgang Beltracchi is selling recreations of the world’s most valuable painting as a collection of NFTs. 👾
- My Father, the Hitman. 🎯
- Abortion remedies from a Medieval Catholic Nun. ✝️
- Hong Kong start-up Geb Impact looks to scale up microalgae cultivation as a sustainable source of protein. 🇭🇰
- Greg LeMond and the amazing candy-colored dream bike. 🍭
- This asteroid may be the shard of a dead protoplanet — and have more metal than all the reserves on earth. ☄️
- Surprise: The Big Bang isn’t the beginning of the universe anymore. 💥
- Why is simplicity so unreasonably effective at scientific explanation? ⚗️
- Solar-powered sea slugs make off with chloroplasts from algae and cleverly photosynthesize them for their own nutrition. 🐌
- Danish student solves decades-long mystery regarding light and black holes. 🕳
- New study reveals one overlooked factor that can keep your brain younger. 🧠
- Harvesting water from the air, 24 hours a day, with no energy input. 💧
- Robot dog armed with sniper rifle unveiled at US Army trade show. 🔫
- Is China’s new telescope the key to finding self-replicating swarms of alien robots? 👽
- Accelerating the discovery of new materials for 3D printing. 🖨
- More than a third of all medicines available today are based on active substances from nature and a research team has developed a procedure to identify small active substance molecules much more quickly and easily. 🌱
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Merck’s Covid pill could transform treatment. 💊
- A surgically implanted brain stimulation device could help treat severe depression. 🧠
- Those who scored high for neuroticism and low in conscientiousness were at increased risk of developing Alzheimer’s. 📊
- In neurodegenerative diseases, brain immune cells have a ravenous appetite for sugar. 🍬
- 11 foods high in phytoestrogens. 🥦
- 16-million-year-old tardigrade found preserved in Amber. 🦎
- Resveratrol – the small molecule with big antiaging ideas. ⚛️
- Artificial intelligence-based technology quickly identifies genetic causes of serious disease. 🧬
- Those with a genetic predisposition to clinical depression are more likely to exhibit physical symptoms including migraines, chronic pain, and fatigue. 🌩
- Allergies vs Rooibos: can this South African plant help sufferers? 🇿🇦
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- How does smoking marijuana affect academic performance? 🚬
- Czech Government triples THC hemp limit to 1% — Will rest of world follow? 🇨🇿
- Cannabis has been legal almost 3 years, yet retailers say banks are shutting them out. 🌿
- Nevada sold more than $1B in marijuana in one year. 💰
- Future space travel might require mushrooms. 🍄
- Sanjay Gupta explains his marijuana reversal and discusses ‘Very Biased’ U.S. research with Joe Rogan. 🌿
- Niger’s Niamey: A hidden place for raising boxing champions. 🥊
- Matthew Wright’s last-gasp kick gives Jacksonville welcome win over Miami. 🏈
- Scotland stun Bangladesh to make dream start to T20 World Cup. 🏏
- Jim Crowley wows Champions Day with first-ever treble at meeting by jockey. 🏇
- Vadim Nemkov claims dominant win to retain light heavyweight title. 🥊
- La Liga: Barcelona beats Valanica 3-1. ⚽️
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Norway trade surplus rose 28% from August to a record high, driven by gas exports. 🛢
- China’s energy crisis deepened due to cold weather – power plants scrambled to stock up on coal, sending prices of the fuel to record highs. ❄️
- Rosneft sells 5% stake in Arctic oil project to consortium of commodity traders led by Switzerland-based Vitol. ⛽️
Monday, October 18: Albertsons (NYSE:ACI) and State Street (NYSE:STT).
Tuesday, October 19: Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ), Procter & Gamble (NYSE:PG), Philip Morris International (NYSE:PM), Travelers (NYSE:TRV), United Airlines (NASDAQ:UAL), Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX) and Canadian National Railway (NYSE:CNI).
Wednesday, October 20: Anthem (NYSE:ANTM), Verizon (NYSE:VZ), Abbott Labs (NYSE:ABT), Biogen (NASDAQ:BIIB), IBM (NYSE:IBM), Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA), Lam Research (NASDAQ:LRCX), Kinder Morgan (NYSE:KMI) and Las Vegas Sands (NYSE:LVS).
Thursday, October 21: Philip Morris International In (PM), AT&T (NYSE:T), Dow (NYSE:DOW), American Airlines (NASDAQ:AAL), AutoNation (NYSE:AN), Intel (NASDAQ:INTC), Whirlpool (NYSE:WHR), Chipotle (NYSE:CMG), Mattel (NASDAQ:MAT), IBM (IBM), Snap (NYSE:SNAP) and Boston Beer (NYSE:SAM).
Friday, October 22: American Express (NYSE:AXP) and Honeywell (NASDAQ:HON).
Another busy week is setting up in the IPO market with as many as eight new offerings on tap. Biofrontera (BFRI), Marpai (MRAI), Enfusion (ENFN), P10 (PX), Portillo’s (PTLO), Vita Coco (COCO), Winc (WBEV) and Aris Water Solutions (ARIS) (BFRI) are all expected to price their IPOs and begin trading. IPO lockups periods expire on Double Verify (NYSE:DV), KnowBe4 (NASDAQ:KNBE), NeuroPace (NASDAQ:NPCE), Latham Group (NASDAQ:SWIM), Agiliti (NYSE:AGTI), Treace Medical Concepts (NASDAQ:TMCI), Rain Therapeutics (NASDAQ:RAIN), Impel Neuropharma (NASDAQ:IMPL) and Zymergen (NASDAQ:ZY). The most interesting analyst quiet period expiration may be on Toast (NYSE:TOST), with shares up sharply from their pricing level.
What Moved The Markets Last Week:
Dow +1.6% to 35,295. S&P 500 +1.8% to 4,471. Nasdaq +2.2% to 14,897. Russell 2000 +1.7% to 2,271. CBOE Volatility Index -13.2% to 16.3.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +1.2%. Utilities +1.4%. Financials +1.2%. Telecom -0.4%. Healthcare +0.8%. Industrials +1.9%. Information Technology +2.6%. Materials +3.6%. Energy +1.2%. Consumer Discretionary +3.6%.
London +2.% to 7,234. France +2.6% to 6,728. Germany +2.5% to 15,587. Japan +3.6% to 29,069. China -0.6% to 3,572. Hong Kong +2.% to 25,331. India +2.1% to 61,306.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +4.% to $82.53/bbl. Gold +0.6% to $1,768.2/oz. Natural Gas -2.6% to 5.422. Ten-Year Treasury Yield -0.1% to 130.95.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +0.29%. USD/JPY +1.81%. GBP/USD +1.02%. Bitcoin +11.8%. Litecoin +5.4%. Ethereum +8.3%. Ripple -1.5%.
Top Stock Gainers
Xiaobai Maimai (NASDAQ:HX) +107%. Jasper Therapeutics (NASDAQ:JSPR) +106%. Adamas Pharma (NASDAQ:ADMS) +75%. Protagonist Therapeutics (NASDAQ:PTGX) +70%. Huadi International Group (NASDAQ:HUDI) +69%.
Top Stock Losers
Aerocentury (NYSE:ACY) -32%. Aerovate Therapeutics (NASDAQ:AVTE) -30%. Cortexyme (NASDAQ:CRTX) -28%. Futu Holdings (NASDAQ:FUTU) -27%. Pavmed (NASDAQ:PAVM) -26%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN) 📈 – $200 target.
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $100 target
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.”
📖 Word Of The Week:
Ubiquitous [yoo·bi·kwuh·tuhs] adj. – present, appearing, or found everywhere: “his ubiquitous influence was felt by all the family” | “cowboy hats are ubiquitous among the male singers”.
❔ Did You Know:
There are Three Categories of Black Holes. 🕳
1) Primordial Black holes – These are the smallest of black holes and range from an atom’s size to a mountain’s mass.
2) Stellar Black Holes – These are the most common of black holes and they can be up to 20 times more massive than the Sun. There is also a variety of these all over the Milky Way.
3) Supermassive Black Holes – These are the largest of black holes, being more than 1 million times more massive than the Sun.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Tom Mueller on Crisis of Conscience Whistleblowing In an Age of Fraud
- No Visible Bruises: What We Don’t Know About Domestic Violence Can Kill Us by Rachel Louise Snyder
- Savage Appetites: Four True Stories of Women, Crime, and Obsession by Rachel Monroe
- Hollywood’s Eve: Eve Babitz and the Secret History of L.A. by Lili Anolik
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
Jeff gives his take on the future outcomes of America’s Debt Crisis.
📆 Upcoming Events:
Jeff will be in London from November 13 – 20 and attending the above event.
To meet with him send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.