Welcome to the 125th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- The world’s richest king, his mysterious fortune, and Thailand’s protesters who want answers.
- Boris Johnson says UK should get ready for a no-deal Brexit as trade talks stall
- Expect a ‘dramatic fall’ in markets if U.S. election outcome is contested, warns Mark Mobius.
- Ardern wins landslide in New Zealand election.
- How David McCabe’s intimate photos of Andy Warhol shaped the artist’s image.
- Fried chicken is as emblematic of the US South as collard greens and sweet potato pie. But it may be more Scottish than Southern.?
- Better communication through neuroscience.
- The Quantum Internet will blow your mind. Here’s what it will look like.
- Making new materials using AI.
- The unlikely marriage of two major artificial intelligence approaches has given rise to a new hybrid called neurosymbolic AI.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Watch a Jet Suit Pilot glide up a mountain in a test for wilderness paramedics. (awesome!)
- Study reveals nutrients used by normal and failing hearts.
- Symptoms all in your head—or in your gut? Maybe a little of both.
- How strong your grip is says a lot about your health.?
- Biomarker underutilization means missed opportunities in cancer.
- Vitamin D may lower risk of contracting COVID-19, says new research.?
- Assessing state of the art in AI for brain disease treatment.?
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- This 10-year-old boy says CBD helps ease his symptoms of Tourette Syndrome. (watch his video here)
- Awe-inspiring psychedelic trips reduce narcissism by boosting connectedness and empathy.
- Are psychedelic drugs the next (legal) wellness trend?
- Scientists identify a powerful anti-inflammatory compound in psychedelic drugs.
- The science behind combining cannabis and caffeine. (Early look at the Medspresso™ CBD hot beverages line – launching officially Novemer 7th, pre-order is up and running)☕
- NBA Finals: LA Lakers crush Miami Heat to capture 17th title.?
- Soccer superstar Cristiano Ronaldo flies to Italy after testing positive for coronavirus.⚽
- Meghan Duggan: Proudest moment of my career? Fighting for equality in hockey.?
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) will become a $2 trillion company, says billionaire Tesla shareholder Ron Baron. ?
- ‘Nightmare’ U.S. stock valuations driven by ‘young, dumb’ investors, fund manager says.
- Shopify (NYSE: SHOP) is an exceptional company but its stock is risky.
- Bitcoin: Another mini-meltdown appears likely.
- The short seller who bet against Nikola has a new target.
- Aurora Cannabis (TSE: ACB) lists some Uruguay assets for sale as regional CEO departs. (they paid $300M, now selling for $2M)
- Analyst bets Compass’ (NASDAQ: CMPS) ‘Magic Mushroom’ approach is on the button.
- Hydrogen fuel cells as the green alternative.
This Past Week in the Markets:
Dow 0.1% to 28,606. S&P 500 0.2% to 3,484. Nasdaq 0.8% to 11,672. Russell 2000 -0.1% to 1,636. CBOE Volatility Index 9.6% to 27.41.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples 0.7%. Utilities -0.2%. Financials -1.0%. Telecom 0.9%. Healthcare -1.5%. Industrials 0.4%. Information Technology 1.1%. Materials -1.0%. Energy 0.2%. Consumer Discretionary 0.8%.
London -1.6% to 5,920. France -0.2% to 4,936. Germany -1.1% to 12,909. Japan -0.9% to 23,411. China 2.% to 3,336. Hong Kong 1.1% to 24,387. India -1.3% to 39,983.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI 0.4% to $40.77/bbl. Gold -1.2% to $1,902.8/oz. Natural Gas -1.9% to 2.688. Ten-Year Treasury Yield 0.1% to 139.02.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -0.89%. USD/JPY -0.19%. GBP/USD -1.%. Bitcoin 0.5%. Litecoin -2.9%. Ethereum -0.9%. Ripple -5.4%.
Top Stock Gainers
Kaixin Auto Holdings (NASDAQ:KXIN) 290%. Hertz Global Holdings (NYSE:HTZ) 127%. Medalist Diversified REIT (NASDAQ:MDRR) 104%. Oblong (NYSEMKT:OBLG) 94%. Nano Dimension Ltd – ADR (NASDAQ:NNDM) 87%.
Top Stock Losers
Avenue Therapeutics (NASDAQ:ATXI) -65%. Cyclerion Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CYCN) -56%. Liquidia Technologies (NASDAQ:LQDA) -47%. VivoPower International (NASDAQ:VVPR) -45%. Loop Industries (NASDAQ:LOOP) -36%.
Upcoming This Week:
Monday: China GDP and September industrial production, retail sales and unemployment; Halliburton and IBM earnings
Tuesday: US housing starts and building permits; Lockheed Martin, Philip Morris, UBS, Netflix, Snap and Texas Instruments earnings
Wednesday: UK inflation; Verizon, Chipotle, Tesla and Whirlpool earnings
Thursday: Germany and UK consumer confidence; Japan inflation; American Airlines, AT&T, Coca-Cola, Kimberly-Clark, Intel and Mattel earnings
Friday: PMI data; American Express and Honeywell earnings
? Stocks On Our Radar:
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
‘The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.”– Earl of Beaconsfield
? Word Of The Week:
- Vitriol; Vitriolic n. Cruel, bitter, scathing criticism; Abusive feeling or expression.
“A vitriolic tone of voice.”
❔ Did You Know:
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- A super interesting interview discussing student loans (in a new way) with Barry Ritholtz and Chuck Trafton, founder of Edly.
- The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly Sides of Stock Promotion. Watch it here.
? Books We Are Reading:
- ‘Catchlight‘ by Brooke Adams Law
- ‘Leave the World Behind‘ by Rumaan Alam
- ‘Digital Goddess: The Unfiltered Lessons of a Female Entrepreneur‘ by Victoria Montgomery Brown
- ‘Cary Grant: A Brilliant Disguise‘ by Scott Eyman
- My wife and I were happy for 25 years; then we met.
? Upcoming Events:
- December 4th and 5th 2020
- Online event
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team