Welcome to the 74th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- ‘America lost a giant’: Elijah Cummings’ sudden death prompts warm tributes. (RIP)
- Swiss election: Why melting Alps could create a green wave. ⛰
- Turkey’s Erdogan to travel to Russia for talks with Putin.
- Violence erupts after hundreds of thousands take to the streets Barcelona to protest jailing of pro-independence politicians. 🔥
- When EBITDA is just BS. Read why.
- EVERYTHING’S FREE: The impact of zero-fee trading.
- Blackrock’s Q4 outlook. 📈
- The germiest place in your home and the best way to combat those microbes.
- Reason Won’t Save Us. It’s time to accept the limits of how we think. 🧠
- The Millennial Urban lifestyle is about to get more expensive. 💲
- The impossible fight to save Jakarta, the sinking megacity.
- When medical debt collectors decide who gets arrested.
- We can’t even comprehend the massive data haul we’ll soon get from sensors. 🤔
- The US military is trying to read minds.
- The lines of code that changed everything. 👨💻
- How a massive Facebook scam siphoned millions of dollars from unsuspecting boomers.
- Why I think we can predict the future – Bill Gates.
- Algorithms are designed to addict us, and the consequences go beyond wasted time. ⏲
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- In the rush to harvest body parts, death investigations have been upended.
- America’s deadly obesity epidemic. Read about it here.
- Men account for a small fraction of breast cancer cases. Their fatality rate has soared compared with women’s.
- Over 700 doctors were paid more than a million dollars by drug and medical device companies. 💰
- The implant that can control your brain. 🧠
- With European backing, the world is on the brink of the first approved Ebola vaccine. 💉
- Not enough sleep throws your circadian rhythm off, leading to potential cognitive problems.
- The Public Library: A photographic love letter to humanity’s greatest sanctuary of knowledge, freedom, and democracy. 📚
- Winners of wildlife Photographer of the Year 2019. 🖼
- In U.S., decline of Christianity continues at rapid pace.
CANNABIS & MAGIC MUSHROOMS
- Can CBD temper Parkinson’s-related psychosis? UK researchers will look for answers in PhII study.
- Psilocybin Sessions: Psychedelics could help people with addiction and anxiety. 🍄 (60 Minutes)
- Psilocybin paves path for addiction research at Johns Hopkins.
- FC Barcelona’s quest to find Luis Suarez successor is underway, but who are the candidates? ⚽
- How does Simone Biles do what seems impossible? 🤸♀️
- Barcelona forward Messi presented with Golden Shoe for record sixth time.
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- SmileDirectClub is now the worst unicorn IPO of 2019, down nearly 60% from its debut. 😁
- Who needs moonshots? How former Hollywood mogul Barry Diller built a $4.2 Billion tech fortune out of underdog assets. (Either read or listen)
- Uber drivers are organizing protests at billionaire investors’ homes.
- How every major cannabis stock has performed since Canadian legalization. 🌿
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Callitas Therapeutics (OTC: MPHMF)
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: CVGR)
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX)
- Plyzer Technologies (OTC:PLYZ)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV: THRM)
- Wuhan General (OTC: WUHN)
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “When I was a child my mother said to me, ‘If you become a soldier, you’ll be a general. If you become a monk, you’ll be the pope.’ Instead I became a painter and wound up as Picasso.”
📖 Word Of The Week:
- Incorrigible adj. Not able to be corrected, improved, or reformed.
“His bad habits were incorrigible.”
❔ Did You Know:
- A flea can accelerate faster than the Space Shuttle. 🦟🚀 (For sure you can win a bunch of bets with this tidbit)
- Consuming potato puree during prolonged exercise works just as well as a commercial carbohydrate gel in sustaining blood glucose levels and boosting performance in trained athletes. 🥔
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- TED Talk by AJ Jacobs: My journey to thank all the people responsible for my morning coffee
📚 Books We Are Reading:
5 book recommendations from billionaire Charlie Munger that will make you smarter.
- Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies by Jared Diamond – English version / Spanish version
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert B. Cialdini, PhD – English version / Spanish version
- Titan: The Life of John D. Rockefeller, Sr. by Ron Chernow – English version / Spanish version
- Three Scientists and Their Gods: Looking for Meaning in an Age of Information by Robert Wright – English version / Spanish version
- Genome: The Autobiography of a Species in 23 Chapters by Matt Ridley – English version / Spanish version
🤣 One Liners:
📆 Upcoming Events:
- Master Investor Show: March 28, 2020 – London, UK
- Get your FREE ticket with the code: INTERNETBULLR
- Have an event or company you would like to promote? This space could be yours. Please inquire at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
P.S. 45 IBR subscribers have signed up and are hosting with Airbnb! 🏘 What are you waiting for? Sign up by clicking here: www.airbnb.com, get your listing published and start earning a significant second income – And meet new people 🤝
P.P.S. Two online banks you should deal with:
- N26 – www.n26.com
- Revolut – revolut.com (sign up with our link and get a free card for awesome exchange rates abroad!)