Welcome to the 173rd edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
In a major shift, NIH admits funding risky virus research in Wuhan. (Fauci should be fired and investigated). 🕵️♀️
Shout out to my big brother back in Barcelona – Happy Birthday bru! 🎂
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Psaki on Biden’s claim that he’s been to the border: He ‘did drive through’ it over a decade ago. 🚗
- Sudan’s troubled transition from authoritarian rule deepens, protesters are demonstrating against the prospect of military rule. 🇸🇩
- Another 2,000 migrants and asylum seekers, mainly Central Americans, on their way towards the US border. 🚶♂️🚶🚶♀️
- President Biden’s job approval rating has fallen the most since the start of his term than any other president since World War II. 📉
- In a major shift, NIH admits funding risky virus research in Wuhan. 🔬
- Jen Psaki says empty shelves and rising prices are due to “Increasing Demand”. (will she last much longer in her role?) 🤷♀️
- We’re in a massive market bubble. When it pops a lot of investors will get wiped out. 🎈💥
- ‘Build Back… You Know, The Thing’: Americans have no idea what’s in Biden’s economic plan. 🏗
- Argentine investors are growing pessimistic about the peso, betting devaluation is inevitable after November elections. 📉
- Gazprom could cut gas supply to Moldova if the country does not settle its bill and sign a new contract. (Gazprom hiked prices +40% this month to $790 per thousand cubic meters.) ⛽️
- The Fed announced sweeping new rules for its top officials, banning trading in individual stocks and bonds, following ethics controversy. 🚫
- Mortgage originations will drop 33% in 2022 as interest rates rise, according to industry forecast. 📉
- Eurozone inflation expectations hit ECB target of 2%, just as it weighs how to proceed with stimulus when its pandemic-era support ends. 💹
- Jerome Powell: Time for Fed to taper bond purchases but not to raise rates. 🖨
- Sharp-eyed diver finds crusader’s ancient sword on Israeli seabed. 🗡
- Paul McCartney doesn’t really want to stop the show. 🎤
- Actor Alec Baldwin discharges a prop gun on a movie set, killing one, injuring another. 🔫
- Miss France pageant accused of breaking labor law by picking contestants on looks. 🇫🇷
- Dwayne Johnson lets down his guard. 🪨
- Charly García delights thousands of fans with surprise 70th birthday show. 🎫
- Archaeologists in Iraq find 2,700-year-old wine press from rule of Assyrian kings. 🍷
- For first time in its 85+ year history, Monopoly is making changes to its Community Chest Cards to include more contemporary themes like ‘Rescue a Puppy’. 😵💫
- Microsoft’s massive new language AI is triple the size of OpenAI’s GPT-3. 👾
- MIT Uses Artificial Intelligence to automate 3D Printing materials discovery process. 🖨
- Seismic ‘Telescope’ reveals a titanic, tree-like plume feeding earth’s volcanoes. 🌋
- How nanotechnology will help us probe the brain in unimaginable detail. 🧠
- Helium: South Africa strikes new ‘gold’. 🇿🇦
- New NLP model improves stock market predictions. 💹
- Researchers make hardened wooden knives that slice through steak. 🥩
- The deadliest animal on Earth is not the shark, snake, scorpion, or even us. It’s the mosquito. Here’s a factory that makes mosquitoes. 🦟
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- How highly processed foods harm memory in the aging brain. 🧠
- A map of mouse brain metabolism in aging. 🐭
- 18-year study measures increase in industrially manufactured foods that may be contributing to obesity and other diseases. 🔬
- Serotonin stabilizes social memories. ⚖️
- Mammalian motivation circuits: Maybe they’re born with it. 🔁
- Activation of the immune system oscillates throughout the day, peaking just before we wake. 🛌
- Investigating the link between antibiotic use and inflammatory pain reduction. 🔍
- A new study has linked eating mushrooms to a reduced risk of depression. 🍄
- New concerns are being raised about side effects from the Moderna vaccine against the coronavirus. 💉
- Bee gold: Honey as a superfood. 🍯
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Guy injects magic mushrooms into his veins and they started growing in his blood. 🩸
- Johns Hopkins Medicine awarded NIH grant to explore the impacts of psilocybin on tobacco addiction. 🚬
- New research hints at a link between psychedelics and improved heart health. 🫀
- Bank Of America cancels the account of Marijuana And Psychedelics Research Institute registered with DEA. 🚫
- Neuropathic pain patients find relief in cannabis-based treatments. 🌿
- There’s a beautiful molecular relationship between cannabis and caffeine. ☕️
- Boris Johnson to consider calls to legalise magic mushroom drug psilocybin. 🍄
- Five reasons to add mushrooms to your diet. 🥗
- Johns Hopkins Medicine receives first federal grant for psychedelic research in over half a century. 💰
- Music producer paralyzed from car crash died after being fed magic mushrooms. 🎼
- Can magic mushrooms help fight mental illness? A bipartisan group of Pennsylvania legislators thinks so. 🥼
- Luxembourg to become the first country in Europe to legalize cannabis. 🥳
- Boris Johnson will review the most recent recommendations about the legalization of psilocybin. 🇬🇧
- New study calls into question the unique benefits of Western classical music in psychedelic therapy. 🎻
- Ketamine and psilocybin, better known as party drugs, showing promise for treatment of mood disorders. 🎭
- Miracles and medication: The new science of psychedelic drugs. ⚗️
- Mark Messier on leadership, trust, and magic mushrooms. 🍄
- Karate for peace: DR Congo organizes tournament for African Great Lakes region. 🥋
- Gary Neville on Man Utd’s Liverpool humiliation: ‘Solskjaer’s players capitulated… pressure intolerable‘. ⚽️
- Expansion Kraken fall in home debut 4-2 to Vancouver. 🏒
- Pakistan beat India in World Cup for first time with thumping 10-wicket victory in Dubai. 🏏
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Defaults loom over more property developers as China reassures investors on Evergrande. 🇨🇳
- The world’s biggest real estate bubbles in 2021. 🏙
- The total percentage of bitcoin mining taking place in China has dropped to almost zero following a recent crackdown. 📉
- The New Bitcoin ETF just did something no other ETF has ever done. 🥸
- Tesla hits record profit despite parts shortage, ship delays. ⚡️
- Celebrity crypto endorsers like Kim Kardashian spark concern for unwary investors. ⚠️
- How the Winklevi twins got tangled up in NFT scandal. 🪢
- Trump SPAC skyrockets as much as 1,657% since deal was announced. 🚀
Monday, October 25: Kimberly-Clark (NYSE:KMB), Facebook (FB) and Universal Health (NYSE:UHS).
Tuesday, October 26: UPS (NYSE:UPS), General Electric (NYSE:GE), Lockheed Martin (NYSE:LMT), Alphabet (GOOG), Microsoft (MSFT), Twitter (NYSE:TWTR), F5 Networks (NASDAQ:FFIV), Hasbro (NASDAQ:HAS), Visa (NYSE:V), Robinhood Markets (NASDAQ:HOOD) and AMD (NASDAQ:AMD).
Wednesday, October 27: Boeing (NYSE:BA), Coca-Cola (NYSE:KO), Kraft-Heinz (NASDAQ:KHC), McDonald’s (NYSE:MCD), eBay (NASDAQ:EBAY), Ford (NYSE:F) and General Motors (NYSE:GM).
Thursday, October 28: Anheuser-Busch InBev (NYSE:BUD), Caterpillar (NYSE:CAT), Merck (NYSE:MRK), MasterCard (NYSE:MA), Apple (AAPL), Atlassian (NASDAQ:TEAM), Amazon (AMZN), Altria Group (NYSE:MO), Hershey (NYSE:HSY), Comcast (NASDAQ:CMCSA), Keurig Dr Pepper (NASDAQ:KDP) and Starbucks (NASDAQ:SBUX).
Friday, October 29: Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM), AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), Church & Dwight (NYSE:CHD), Chevron (NYSE:CVX), Colgate-Palmolive (NYSE:CL) and L3Harris Technologies (NYSE:LHX).
A busy week is setting up in the IPO market with Informatica (INFA), Rent the Runway (RENT), Arteris (AIP), GlobalFoundries (GFS), Fluence Energy (FLNC), Ensemble Health Partners (NASDAQ:ENSB), and Candela Medical (CDLA) all expected to debut.
What Moved The Markets Last Week:
Dow +1.1% to 35,677. S&P 500 +1.6% to 4,545. Nasdaq +1.3% to 15,090. Russell 2000 +1.% to 2,289. CBOE Volatility Index -5.3% to 15.43.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +0.8%. Utilities +2.4%. Financials +2.8%. Telecom -0.6%. Healthcare +2.9%. Industrials +1.8%. Information Technology +1.6%. Materials +0.9%. Energy +1.2%. Consumer Discretionary +1.5%.
London -0.4% to 7,205. France +0.1% to 6,734. Germany -0.3% to 15,543. Japan -0.9% to 28,805. China +0.3% to 3,583. Hong Kong +3.1% to 26,127. India -0.8% to 60,822.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +2.1% to $83.98/bbl. Gold +1.4% to $1,793.4/oz. Natural Gas -1.9% to 5.306. Ten-Year Treasury Yield -0.4% to 130.48.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +0.36%. USD/JPY -0.64%. GBP/USD +0.04%. Bitcoin +0.5%. Litecoin +4.2%. Ethereum +5.3%. Ripple -3.7%.
Top Stock Gainers
Phunware Inc (NASDAQ:PHUN) +749%. Remark Holdings Inc (NASDAQ:MARK) +147%. Huadi International Group Co. Ltd (NASDAQ:HUDI) +87%. Valneva Se ADR (NASDAQ:VALN) +60%. Meiragtx Holdings Plc (NASDAQ:MGTX) +51%.
Top Stock Losers
Atea Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ:AVIR) -68%. Commun Systems Inc (NASDAQ:JCS) -55%. Nutriband Inc (OTCQB:NTRB) -38%. Ocular Therapeut (NASDAQ:OCUL) -38%. Vinco Ventures Inc (NASDAQ:BBIG) -37%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN) 📈 – $200 target.
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $100 target
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
📖 Word Of The Week:
Admonition [ad·muh·ni·shn], noun – A firm warning or reprimand.
“He received numerous admonitions for his behavior”.
❔ Did You Know:
Timing is a fundamental factor to consider when it comes to trading stocks. Ronald Wayne is a good example. Wayne was not famous, but he was a co-founder of Apple with Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniack. However, Ronald sold his 10% shares for $800 in 1976.
How much would Wayne make if he could sell his shares today with a market capitalization of $2.6 trillion? 🤔
If Wayne had kept his claims until today, he would earn approximately $236 billion and surpass Jeff Bezos as the wealthiest person in the world. Stocks are similar to other investments and involve risk. Numerous predictable and unpredictable factors affect price and direction.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
5 Books to read that will change your outlook on life for the better:
- Thirteen Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do – Amy Morin
- How to Stop Worrying and Start Living – Dale Carnegie
- How Will You Measure Your Life? – Clayton M. Christensen, James Allworth, and Karen Dillon
- Finding Your Element – Ken Robinson
- Emotional Intelligence – Daniel Goleman
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
Michael Pollan pulls back the curtain on how psychedelic mushrooms can be used to treat mental illnesses. 🍄 🧠
Psychologist Robert Cialdini dives into the principles of influence. 👨⚕️
📆 Upcoming Events:
To meet with him send an email to: email@example.com.
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.