Welcome to the 126th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
US 2020 Presidential Election is just around the corner. Who will win? Too close to call and we expect a complete #shitshow no matter the victor. Expect it to drag on through the courts until Jan/Feb 2021.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- AOC: Democrats must take Senate to avoid having to be Bipartisan, I will push Biden further Left.
- Senate advances Amy Coney Barrett nomination, with confirmation expected Monday.⚖
- The economics of coffee in one chart. (Medspresso™ is launching Nov 7)☕
- Airbnb partners with ex-Apple design star Jony Ive.🛏➕🍎
- From an English chemist to YouTube cooks via refugees from Rawalpindi, how custard changed India’s sweet tooth.🍮
- This new running shoe is made entirely from plants.👟
- Inside Amazon’s quest to use less cardboard.📦
- Google is a search monopoly, Justice Department says in landmark antitrust lawsuit.🔎
- US-made Hypercar hits 331 MPH on Nevada highway.🏁
- NASA announces it will reveal an “Exciting Discovery About The Moon” on Monday.🌕
- How algorithms can help the clothing industry.👗
MEDICINE & SCIENCE.
- Migraine headaches all you need to know.
- New technology passes cannabis to the brain through the blood-brain barrier.🌿
- AI drug-discovery firm lands first partnership.
- Hippocrates and willow bark? What you know about the history of aspirin is probably wrong.
- Can we trust AI doctors? Google Health and academics battle it out.
- Your brain makes you a different person every day.🧠
- HIV drugs prevent Type 2 Diabetes, may be path to new therapy.
- Artificial intelligence and improved microscopy make it feasible to map the nervous system at ever-higher resolution.
- 5 things to know about IBM’s AI Predictor for Alzheimer’s Disease.🧓
- Researchers found that drinking two or more cups of coffee and four or more cups of green tea each day was associated with a 63% lower all-cause mortality. (you can pre-order Medspresso™ now) ☕
- Mouthwashes, oral rinses may inactivate human coronaviruses.
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- France supports medical cannabis during a United Nations meeting.
- From LSD to psilocybin, voters in a few key regions have a chance to decriminalize psychedelics.
- The cannabis plant produces hundreds of specialized molecules — cannabinoids, terpenes and flavonoids — that have been shown to deliver medicinal efficacy, lifestyle enhancement and performance enhancement to human beings.
- Khabib Nurmagomedov dominates at UFC 254, then announces his retirement.🥊
- Hamilton secures record-breaking 92nd win with victory in Portugal.🏎
- Pele’s 80th birthday: Mere numbers can’t do the Brazil football icon’s genius justice.⚽
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- How gold gets to $3,000.
- Goldman is calling a bull market for commodities in 2021.
- Ant Group IPO pricing ‘history’s largest,’ says Alibaba’s Jack Ma.💰
- Tesla posts net profit for fifth straight quarter.📈
This Past Week in the Markets:
Dow -1.0% to 28,336. S&P 500 -0.5% to 3,465. Nasdaq -1.1% to 11,548. Russell 2000 0.4% to 1,640. CBOE Volatility Index 0.5% to 27.55.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -1.4%. Utilities 1.2%. Financials 1.%. Telecom 2.1%. Healthcare -0.1%. Industrials -0.6%. Information Technology -2.2%. Materials -0.4%. Energy 0.5%. Consumer Discretionary -0.6%.
London -1.0% to 5,860. France -0.5% to 4,910. Germany -2.% to 12,646. Japan 0.5% to 23,517. China -1.8% to 3,278. Hong Kong 2.2% to 24,919. India 1.8% to 40,686.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -2.8% to $39.75/bbl. Gold -0.1% to $1,904./oz. Natural Gas 5.9% to 2.936. Ten-Year Treasury Yield -0.6% to 138.3.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD 1.23%. USD/JPY -0.65%. GBP/USD 0.96%. Bitcoin 14.3%. Litecoin 18.6%. Ethereum 12.1%. Ripple 5.7%.
Top Stock Gainers
Marin Software Inc (NASDAQ:MRIN) 167%. Ever-Glory International (NASDAQ:EVK) 166%. Kaixin Auto Holdings (NASDAQ:KXIN) 139%. Socket Mobile (NASDAQ:SCKT) 84%. Dragon Victory International (NASDAQ:LYL) 80%.
Top Stock Losers
Biondvax Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:BVXV) -87%. Globus Maritime (NASDAQ:GLBS) -40%. GSX Techedu (NYSE:GSX) -37%. CyberOptics Corporation (NASDAQ:CYBE) -32%. Westwater Resources (NASDAQ:WWR) -31%.
Upcoming Earnings This Week:
Hasbro (NASDAQ:HAS), NXP Semiconductors (NASDAQ:NXPI) and Boyd Gaming (NYSE:BYD) on October 26; Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT), BP (NYSE:BP), Caterpillar (NYSE:CAT), JetBlue (NASDAQ:JBLU), Centene (NYSE:CNC), Raytheon (RTN), Pfizer (NYSE:PFE) and Merck (NYSE:MRK) on October 27; General Electric (NYSE:GE), General Dynamics (NYSE:GD), Mastercard (NYSE:MA), UPS (NYSE:UPS), Boeing (NYSE:BA), Sony (NYSE:SNE), Ford (NYSE:F), Western Digital (NASDAQ:WDC), Amgen (NASDAQ:AMGN), Visa (NYSE:V) and eBay (NASDAQ:EBAY); on October 28; Shopify (NYSE:SHOP), Twitter (NYSE:TWTR), Kraft Heinz (NASDAQ:KHC), Yum Brands (NYSE:YUM), Comcast (NASDAQ:CMCSA), Anheuser-Busch InBev (NYSE:BUD), Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN), Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL), Google (NASDAQ:GOOG), Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) and Starbucks (NASDAQ:SBUX) on October 29; Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM), Chevron (NYSE:CVX), Phillips 66 (NYSE:PSX) and Under Armour (NYSE:UAA) on October 30.
Amerihome (AHM) expects to price its IPO on October 28. The offering of 14.7M shares is expected to price in a range of $16 to $18. Biodesix (BDSX) is also slated to price its IPO on October 28, with 4.17M shares due to go off in an expected range of $17 to $19. Other companies that could price IPOs next week include Allegro MicroSystems (ALGM), Caliber Home Loans (HOMS), Leslie’s (LESL), Root (ROOT) and Mavenir (MVNR). Keep an eye on avocado pure-play Mission Produce (NASDAQ:AVO) with the analyst quiet period expiring following the company’s IPO. Shares have shown a modest gain from the IPO pricing level of $12. IPO lockups expire on Sprout Social (NASDAQ:SPT), Lyra Therapeutics (NASDAQ:LYRA) and Zentalis Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ZNTL). Ant Group has secured the final regulatory approval to launch what is shaping up to be the world’s largest initial public offering. The Mainland China leg of the IPO will be priced on October 27. Ant has been running a digital IPO roadshow across Asia, Europe and the U.S. to gauge investor interest.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
‘‘Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.” – Abraham Lincoln
📖 Word Of The Week:
Gravitas n. Dignity, seriousness, or solemnity in manner. “He has the necessary gravitas to lead the company.”
❔ Did You Know:
Money is dirty.
We’ve all heard how dirty money is and how reportedly there are traces of cocaine on 90% of paper money, but did you know that money is dirtier than a household toilet?🚽
How about the fact that the flu virus can live on a bill for up to 17 days!
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Another brilliant Barry Ritholtz interview: Ray Dalio, Bridgewater Associates.
- Father of The Psychedelic Movement, Timothy Leary. (most interesting listen)
📚 Books We Are Reading:
One good thing about being wrong is the joy it brings to others.
📆 Upcoming Events:
- December 4th and 5th 2020
- Online event
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team