Welcome to the 75th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- Eric Zemmour’s controversial speech. English text version, French video.
- Politics in these nations play out like soap operas.
- Three hedge fund titans celebrated over dinner. Everything was fair game – Except investing.
- 50 companies to watch in 2020. See them here.
- S&P 500 just misses all-time high. Read about iit here.
- How clever new deals and an unknown tax dodge are creating buyout billionaires by the dozen.
- The myths of local of food policy: Lessons from the economic and social history of the food system.
- The motivating power of staying pissed off. Read about it.
- Do today’s global protests have anything in common?
- The transformation of Condé Nast. Great interesting read.
- Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi killed in US raid, Trump confirms.
- Google claims to achieve Quantum Supremacy — IBM pushes back.
- Can tech hack world hunger? It’s trying.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- The problem with labeling gut troubles ‘Dysbiosis’.
- The woman who founded Industrial Medicine. ?⚕️
- He’s the first African American to receive a face transplant. His story could change health care.
CANNABIS & MAGIC MUSHROOMS
- Tilray® (NASDAQ:TLRY) supports new clinical trial evaluating the efficacy of medical cannabis in disorders caused by breast cancer treatment. ??
- Michael J. Fox Foundation hopes cannabis holds key to Parkinson’s disease.
- Canopy Growth And BioSteel to introduce CBD products to sports nutrition market.
- South Africa to face England in Rugby World Cup final after beating Wales. ?
- How Jessica Berman became the highest-ranking woman in men’s professional sports.
- Revolutionizing sports with augmented reality.
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Bottle of The Macallan 1926 sells for record £1.5m.
- Is Tesla really back from the realm of white knuckles and red ink?
- Tesla shares soar after crushing third-quarter earnings.
- Amazon “delivers” disappointing results. Read why.
- GMP Securities lowers Zenabis (TSX:ZENA) price target to $1.00, Rating to ‘Speculative Buy’. (A $.50 target is more realistic)
- Beyond Meat (NASDAQ: BYND) earnings Monday.
- Tuesday: US consumer confidence; GrubHub, Kellogg, Merck, Pfizer, Xerox and Mattel earnings; Boeing CEO testifies before Congress.
Wednesday: US interest rate decision; France and US Q3 GDP; Deutsche Bank, Molson Coors, Yum! Brands, Apple, Facebook, Lyft and Starbucks earnings; Boeing CEO testifies before Congress.
Thursday: Europe Q3 GDP; US personal income and spending; Blue Apron, Dunkin, Estee Lauder, Fiat Chrysler, Kraft Heinz, Royal Dutch Shell, Sanofi and Pinterest earnings.
Friday: US jobs report and ISM Manufacturing Index; Chinese and German manufacturing data; Alibaba, Chevron, Colgate-Palmolive, ExxonMobil, Newell Brands and US Steel earnings.
? Stocks On Our Radar:
- Callitas Therapeutics (OTC: MPHMF)
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: CVGR)
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX)
- Plyzer Technologies (OTC:PLYZ)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV: THRM)
- Wuhan General (OTC: WUHN)
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “Older people shouldn’t eat health food. They need all the preservatives they can get.” —Robert Orben
? Word Of The Week:
- Gravitas n. Dignity, seriousness, or solemnity in manner.
“He has the necessary gravitas to lead the company.”
❔ Did You Know:
- Before the 17th century, science and scientists were not truly recognized. At first, people like the 17th century genius Isaac Newton were called “natural philosophers”, because there was no concept of the word “scientist” at the time.
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- Marc Andreessen and Sonal Chokshi interview MIT economist Andrew McAfee, given his new book, More from Less: The Surprising Story of How We Learned to Prosper Using Fewer Resources — and What Happens Next. (Great interview and listen)
? Books We Are Reading:
- More from Less: The Surprising Story of How We Learned to Prosper Using Fewer Resources―and What Happens Next – Andrew McAfee
? One Liners:
- Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? – George Carlin
? Upcoming Events:
- Master Investor Show: March 28, 2020 – London, UK
- Get your FREE ticket with the code INTERNETBULLR
- Have an event or company you would like to promote? This space could be yours. Please inquire at: email@example.com
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team
P.S. 49 IBR subscribers have signed up and are hosting with Airbnb! ? What are you waiting for? Sign up by clicking here: www.airbnb.com, get your listing published and start earning a significant second income – And meet new people ?
P.P.S. Two online banks you should deal with:
- N26 – www.n26.com
- Revolut – revolut.com (sign up with our link and get a free card for awesome exchange rates abroad!)