Welcome to the 26th edition of The Weekly Bull Report. ??
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- YouTubers will enter politics, and the ones who do are probably going to win. This is why. ?
- Why fake news campaigns are so effective. Find out the effective efforts to manipulate public opinion (Part 1 – Part 2). ?
- Trump’s latest: He wants to reform prisons, his attorney has other ideas. CIA director to brief Trump after hearing audio of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi death.
- US won’t talk to China on trade until it gets specific plan to halt tech theft. Find out why.
- Brexit economy: UK goes it alone just as world faces tough times. Read about today’s budget.
- Stock markets face historic lack of dry powder. Here’s a signal that the bull market may be coming to an end.
- Dementia sufferers sit atop assets worth $1.3 trillion in Japan. Read more.
- Could the student loan debt crisis sink the US economy? Uncover the answer.
- Climate change: US desert areas to become even drier: 350,000 years of climate history hidden in Devils Hole cave. Read more. ?
- A new global report finds that tougher laws prevent gun deaths. ?
- The most audacious flying machine ever: Stratolaunch. ✈
- For a thousand bucks, you can buy the first non-dorky smart glasses. Check out the new design. ?
- Scientists say new material could hold up an actual space elevator. Read here. ??
- How lithium-ion batteries sparked a revolution. (SDT Holdings, one of our portfolio companies is in the space)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) can’t replace doctors. But it can make them better.
- What can blockchain actually do for journalism? Follow the discussion.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- A new startup that speeds up the process for gene therapy has just closed a $110 Million investment round. Read about Synthego.
- Researchers have found that alcohol hijacks a conserved memory pathway in the brain, forming the cravings that fuel addiction. Read the study. ?
- Doctors in Scotland can now prescribe nature to their patients. And doctors in Montreal will start prescribing visits to the art museum.
- Cannabis oil improves Crohn’s disease symptoms. Study. ?($WUHN)
- Spain will overtake Japan’s long-held position at the top of the world’s life expectancy, by 2040. ?
- A new study offers a glimpse into the genetics of same-sex attraction. See the science. ? ?
- Frank Owen Gehry has become one of the world’s leading architects. This is how he started.?
- Portrait painted using AI sells for $432,000. ?
- Elton John is not the man they think he is at home. An incident from early on his career reminds us how peculiar he is. ?
- 100 websites that shaped the Internet as we know it. Here’s the list. ?
- World’s longest sea-crossing bridge opens between HK and China. Check this 55 km out. ?
- Lance Armstrong’s former team manager gets a lifetime ban from cycling. Read more. ?
- Real Madrid gets a $101 Million windfall from last seasons Champions League win. Check it out. ?⚽
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- $SNAP – The shares continue in a freefall and are fast approaching our $5 target. They touched $5.50 after reporting further brutal earnings. ?
- IBM ($IBM) is acquiring Red Hat ($RHT) ,distributor of open-source software and technology, deal valued at $34B – IBM will pay cash to buy all shares in Red Hat at $190 each. Shares in Red Hat closed at $116.68 on Friday before the deal was announced. ?
- It took more than a decade, but Twitter ($TWTR) is now consistently profitable. See quarterly net income. ?
- Elon Musk is winning over the Tesla ($TSLA) shorts. Find out how. ?
- Cannabis legalization is a global trend, according to new report from CIBC, and shares in Danish cannabis firm StenoCare surge 300% on debut. ?Our top microcap pick in the CBD and medicinal marijuana space is $WUHN.
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “He who is brave, is free.” – Seneca
- “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.” –Robert Louis Stevenson
? Word Of The Week:
- Uncanny – Adjective: Surpassing the ordinary or normal
Synonyms: Extraordinary, supernatural
❔ Did You Know:
- Fact: Your stool is probably full of plastic. A pilot study reveals positive results. ?
- On this day in history: October 29, 1929 – Collapse of U.S. stock market prices.
Just five days after nearly 13 million shares of US stock were sold, in one day in 1929 called “Black Tuesday”, an additional 16 million shares were sold, further fueling the crisis known as the Great Depression.
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- How to put together a good disguise, according to the CIA. ?
- The four waves of AI: Its wonders and dangers.
- Will legalizing marijuana light up Canada’s economy? Listen to the podcast.
- Crazy Rich Indians: An inside look at the burgeoning Bollygarchs. James Crabtree discusses his new book. ?
- 23andMe CEO Anne Wojcicki says one of their biggest competitors is fake science. Listen to the interview.
? Books We Are Reading:
- 21 Lessons for the 21st Century
By Yuval Noah Harari
Harari’s 21 Lessons for the 21st Century is a probing and visionary investigation into today’s most urgent issues as we move into the uncharted territory of the future. We ? this!
- Fantasyland: How America Went Haywire: A 500-Year History
By Kurt Andersen
Andersen’s probing history of what he calls America’s “fantasy-industrial complex” is not only fascinating, scholarly, and brilliant. It’s also laugh-out-loud funny, and would be even more so if Americans’ habit of believing untruths weren’t so depressing. As you read about this form of American exceptionalis, you’ll understand why we lead the world in anti-vaxxers, homeopathy believers, and alt-med embracers.
- Survival of the Sickest: The Surprising Connections Between Disease and Longevity
By Sharon Moalem
Why would evolution allow bad genes to persist? It’s fascinating that harmful genes (like sickle cell and cystic fibrosis) stay in populations. This book takes this idea to a whole new level. It is easy to read, informative and entertaining.
? Feel Good Monday:
- There’s only one hockey team in all of Kenya. They had nobody to play. Tim Hortons brought them to Canada for an unforgettable game. Watch the video. ?
- The 10 best dog costumes on Amazon, according to reviewers. ? ??
? Eye-Catching Tweet:
- @TotallyAllen: The only thing I want to go on less than a haunted hayride is a regular hayride. ??
Our very best wishes for a remarkable upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team: Jeff, Dr. AnnaRx™ and David
P.S. Jeff will be attending the Master Investor event Nov 1 in London: ”Investing in the Age of Longevity” – Get your IBR VIP DISCOUNT: WE50off – If you would like to meet Jeff in London: firstname.lastname@example.org
CBD, Longevity and DrAnnaRx™ – To learn more, reach out to Dr. Anna… ??