Welcome to the 224th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- New York Supreme Court reinstates all employees fired for being unvaccinated, and orders back pay.
- US-China tensions increasing as Xi secures 3rd term.
- How did Biden admin botch the energy situation this badly?
- FBI asks court for 66 years to release information from Seth Rich’s computer.
- Top Dems urge Biden to Nationalize Oil & Gas Industry. 🛢
- Private-sector credit demand speeds to fastest pace in seven years. 💳
- Medium term budget: Godongwana strikes an optimistic one. 💰
- The latest craze in luxury food products? Olive Oil. (Buy Our Award Winning EVOO Here)🫒
- Brown Bear ‘747’ declared champion of Annual ‘Fat Bear Week’.🐻
- 1,300 year-old tree in Türkiye yields 250 kg of olives in Mersin.
- Decades of student progress wiped out; National Math and Reading Scores at historic lows.📉
- Rock ‘n’ Roll legend Jerry Lee Lewis, ‘Great Balls of Fire’ Singer, dies at 87. RIP 🎸
- Cadillac has turned to 3D Printing for its new luxury sedans.
- 3D-Printed food and AI, the future looks yum.🖨
- Here’s how 3D printing is revolutionising healthcare.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Study looks inside the brain during sleep to show how memory is stored.🧠
- Scientists map water in molecular crystals, aiding drug development.💦
- COVID-19 vaccine induced myocarditis–A proven cause of death?
- How heart failure disrupts the cell’s mitochondria.🩺
- Vitamin D deficiency linked to death.+☀️
- Microscopy reveals how psychedelics light up brain’s neuropathways.
- Plant-based diet leads to greater reduction in advanced glycation end-products than diet with meat and dairy.🌱
- Particle physics pushing cancer treatment boundaries.
- There’s a morning-after pill to prevent sexually transmitted infections.
- Musician with brain cancer plays saxophone during 9-hour brain surgery in Rome Hospital. 🧠
- Nose picking could increase risk for Alzheimer’s and Dementia.
- Building a 3D Brain Atlas. (such important work)
- Short bursts of vigorous activity linked with increased longevity.
- Researchers call for action to increase research on young adult brain health to determine brain development and risk factors for neurological disorders later in life. 👩⚕️
- Hearing assessments of newborn babies can predict milestones and detect neurodevelopmental disorder markers at 12 months of age.
- Modern Vampirism: “Young Blood” transfusions.🩸🦇
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- N.S. company launching clinical trial to examine magic mushrooms as treatment for PTSD.
- Ex-CBD executive lied about Walmart, military deals to boost stock.
- University of Guelph receives licence to grow ‘magic’ mushrooms.🍄
- Hemp-based plastic? UConn chemist thinks it could ‘change the world‘.
- Microscopy reveals how psychedelics light up brain’s neuropathways.🔦
- The future of coffee looks psychedelic. (not something at M2Bio we condone whatsoever)
- ‘It’s put me at peace’: Clinical trial examines ‘magic’ mushrooms for PTSD treatment.
- Magic mushrooms to be studied at new Australian centre for eating disorders.🍄
- Man United prepared to grant Cristiano Ronaldo free transfer amid lack of interest.⚽
- LeBron vows to be more aggressive amid first 0-4 start since rookie year.🏀
- Formula 1: Red Bull fined US$7m for overspending F1 cost cap.🏎️
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- JPMorgan launches fundraising platform to lure startups.
- Azuki ‘Proof of Skate’ auction draws $2.5 Million for NFT-backed skateboards.🛹
- How Bitcoin communities in Africa are fostering Bitcoin adoption.
- Elon Musk completes $44 Billion deal to own Twitter. (more here)
- Why Amazon’s stock price is tanking — and why that should worry you.
Monday, October 31 Stryker (SYK), NXP Semiconductors (NXPI), and Avis Budget Group (NASDAQ:CAR).
Tuesday, November 1 Eli Lilly (LLY), Pfizer (PFE), Toyota Motor (TM), BP (BP), Uber (UBER) and Airbnb (NASDAQ:ABNB).
Wednesday, November 2 – Qualcomm (NASDAQ:QCOM), CVS Health (CVS), Booking Holding (BKNG), Humana (HUM), and Yum Brands (YUM).
Thursday, November 3 – ConocoPhillips (COP), Amgen (AMGN), Paypal (PYPL), Starbucks (SBUX), and Moderna (MDNA).
Friday, November 4 – Duke Energy (DUK), Dominion Energy (D), Hershey (HSY), and DraftKings (DKNG).
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
ASP Isotopes (ASPI), Alopexx (NASDAQ:ALPX) and Beamr Imaging (BMR) are on the list of potential IPOs that could price and start trading, although companies have continued to delay their public launches in the current market environment. IPO lockups periods expire during the week for blocks of shares of Austin Gold (AUST), PepGen (NASDAQ:PEPG), and Kiboko Gold (KIB:CA).
What Moved the Markets:
Dow +5.7% to 32,862. S&P 500 +4.% to 3,901. Nasdaq +2.2% to 11,102. Russell 2000 +6.% to 1,847. CBOE Volatility Index -13.3% to 25.75.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +6.1%. Utilities +6.5%. Financials +6.2%. Telecom -2.9%. Healthcare +5.%. Industrials +6.7%. Information Technology +4.3%. Materials +3.3%. Energy +2.8%. Consumer Discretionary +0.7%.
London +1.1% to 7,048. France +3.9% to 6,273. Germany +4.% to 13,243. Japan +0.8% to 27,105. China -4.1% to 2,916. Hong Kong -8.3% to 14,863. India +1.1% to 59,960.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +3.9% to $88.38/bbl. Gold -0.5% to $1,648.3/oz. Natural Gas +6.% to 5.8. Ten-Year Bond Yield -0.2 bps to 4.01.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +1.06%. USD/JPY -0.12%. GBP/USD +2.76%. Bitcoin +7.7%. Litecoin +5.4%. Ethereum +20.2%. XRP +1.2%.
Top S&P 500 Gainers
Universal Health Services (UHS) +30%. DexCom (DXCM) +26%. Enphase Energy (ENPH) +21%. MSCI (MSCI) +18%. Raymond James Financial (RJF) +18%.
Top S&P 500 Losers
Meta Platforms (META) -24%. DaVita (DVA) -22%. Edwards Lifesciences (EW) -16%. Amazon.com (AMZN) -13%. Align Technology (ALGN) -9%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $45 target
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
- Palantir Technologies Inc. (PLTR: NYSE) 📈Big (beta) upside. $25 target
- M2Bio Sciences (OTC: MRES) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
”He has not learned the lesson of life who does not every day surmount a fear” – Julius Caeser
📖 Word Of The Week:
Diglot: adjective – spoken, written, or containing similar information in two different languages.
❔ Did You Know:
- Meet the world’s oldest living land animal, Jonathan the Tortoise who is 190 years old.🐢
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Breasts and Eggs, by Mieko Kawakami
- The City We Became, by N.K. Jemisin
- Deacon King Kong, by James McBride
- Drifts, by Kate Zambreno
- Real Life: A Novel, by Brandon Taylor
Adam & Eve were the first ones to ignore the Apple terms and conditions. 🍏
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Thomas Zurbuchen manages the $8 billion dollar research program at NASA. In this interview, he gives a masterclass in how to make critical decisions when billions are on the line, how to manage risk, gathering effective information from a team, the challenges of commercial spaceflight, whether humans will ever life on Mars, and so much more. (Listen Here)
📆 Upcoming Events:
Jeff and the team are off to EFC 99 in Johannesburg this week. Fight night is Thursday, November 3rd. 🥋🥊
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
Please send any news, comments, or stock ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow IBR on Twitter @IBullReport
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.