Welcome to the 174th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Happy Halloween weekend. 🎃
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Biden faces backlash for considering paying illegal aliens separated at border $450K: ‘Pure Insanity. 😬
- It’s a nightmare on Capitol Hill for the president’s party, as October passes by without a deal on the infrastructure bill. 🏗
- Monday is South Africa’s municipal elections – an important day for the 2021 elections. 🇿🇦
- Ethiopia’s strategic town of Dessie in Amhara region that borders Tigray ‘captured’ by rebel forces. 🇪🇹
- Sudan could be at the brink of civil war – after the country’s military overthrew the civilian-led government in a coup. 💥
- Thousands of Thai protesters demand changes, including repeal of draconian law that criminalizes any criticism of the king. 👑
- The 50th All-America research team: MVPs. 🇺🇸
- Stiffed creditors in China and Singapore seized the halted construction mega-ulcer in San Francisco, the Oceanwide Center (just the beginning of the upcoming China leverage shit show). 🇨🇳
- Argentina to let foreign tourists bring in dollars at lucrative rate, bypassing capital controls in effort to lure travelers. ✈️
- G20 leaders confirmed a historic global tax reform at the summit in Rome this Saturday, including a global minimum tax. 🌎
- Moldova bullied into new deal with Russian energy giant Gazprom to supply gas to the ex-Soviet country, which faced severe shortages after Moscow hiked prices. ⛽️
- US and EU strike metals pact to ensure supply and take on China’s ‘steel dumping’. 🤝
- Saudi Aramco Q3 net income soars to $30.4B for Q3, up from $11.8B a year earlier, boosted by rise in oil prices. 🛢
- Criminal charges ‘On The Table’ in Baldwin shooting. 🔫
- Thousands of African artifacts were stolen from the continent during British colonial rule – they are now slowly coming back. 📜
- Musical therapy can help to improve fine motor skills in patients with Parkinson’s disease. 🎶
- Vogue Russia featured plus-size model on its cover for first time in its 23-year history, drawing equal celebration and condemnation. 📸
- Tamales, salt and bread ‘bones’: How foods are central to Day of the Dead. ☠️
- Facebook renames itself Meta amid controversy – the social network wants to be known as a metaverse company. 🌐
- Finnish scientists create ‘sustainable’ lab-grown coffee. 🇫🇮
- No beans. No deforestation. Scientists brewing lab-grown coffee. ☕️
- Chinese scientists hail breakthrough that could produce large quantities of animal feed from industrial gas and reduce dependence on soybean imports. 🌱
- More evidence mindfulness is effective for migraine. 🧘♀️
- Nigeria rolls out Africa’s first digital currency eNaira. 🪙
- TikTok could soon let you tip your favorite creators. 💸
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Scientists are beginning to uncover how a person’s microbiome and diet create an environment that either helps cancer thrive or makes it harder to spread. 🧫
- A new food rating system will allow institutions, producers, and consumers in the United States to make healthier diet choices. 🌟
- How the brain and body fat communication system controls the production and release of leptin. 🧠
- Diet alone won’t cure cancer, but it may boost treatments. 🥗
- Sleep time ‘Sweet Spot’ to slow cognitive decline identified? 😴
- Reducing tau can prevent abnormal brain activity associated with Alzheimer’s disease, autism, and epilepsy. 😌
- Innovative glaucoma test powered by Artificial Intelligence. 🤖
- Nicotine exposure significantly altered the metabolism and secretion of serotonin, acetylcholine, kynurenic acid, and choline in HT22 hippocampal cells. 👩🔬
- One major effect coffee has on your kidneys, new study says. ☕️
- Cause of Alzheimer’s progression in the brain. 🧠
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Detroit will vote next Tuesday on decriminalizing psychedelic drugs. 💊
- The London parks we’ve all visited where foragers are finding magic mushrooms. 🍄
- Magic Mushroom meds show promise in cancer patients with depression. 🍄
- Canadian entrepreneur gifts $5 million to help create psychedelic research centre for mental health. 🍁
- Bank Of America cancels account of Marijuana and Psychedelics Research Institute registered with DEA. ❌
- Countdown to ecstasy: how music is being used in healing psychedelic trips. 🎼
- M2Bio building a world-class supply chain solution – Dr. Southey and Dr. Zarrebini update on M2Bio Blockchain and Technology Group. ⛓
- De Kock to join South Africa teammates in taking knee after issuing apology. 🏉
- Barcelona forward, Sergio Aguero, taken to hospital for cardiac tests after suffering chest discomfort. 🫀
- Tottenham 0-3 Manchester United: Ronaldo produced an inspired performance, easing pressure on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. ⚽️
- Afghanistan too strong for Namibia at T20 World Cup, winning by 62 runs in Abu Dhabi. 🏏
- Emma Raducanu reaches Transylvania Open quarter-finals with straight-sets win over Ana Bogdan. 🎾
- F1: Alfa Romeo buyout falls through due to financial reasons. 🏎
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Tesla just became the 2nd-fastest company in history to hit a $1 trillion valuation. 🚘⚡️
- Can EasyJet and IAG’s share prices recover to their pre-pandemic levels? 🛫
Monday, November 1: On Semiconductor (NASDAQ:ON), NXP Semi (NASDAQ:NXPI), McKesson (NYSE:MCK), AMC Entertainment (NYSE:AMC) and Avis Budget Group (NASDAQ:CAR) and Clorox (NYSE:CLX).
Tuesday, November 2: BP (NYSE:BP), Pfizer (NYSE:PFE), Under Armour (NYSE:UAA), Marathon Petroleum (NYSE:MPC), Ralph Lauren (NYSE:RL), T-Mobile (NASDAQ:TMUS), Mondelez International (NASDAQ:MDLZ), Match Group (NASDAQ:MTCH), Lyft (NASDAQ:LYFT) and Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ:ATVI).
Wednesday, November 3: CVS Health (NYSE:CVS), Humana (NYSE:HUM), Marriott International (NASDAQ:MAR), Metlife (NYSE:MET), Qualcomm (NASDAQ:QCOM), Electronic Arts (NASDAQ:EA), Take-Two Interactive (NASDAQ:TTWO) and Roku (NASDAQ:ROKU).
Thursday, November 4: Cigna (NYSE:CI), Wayfair (NYSE:W), Penn National Gaming (NASDAQ:PENN), Uber (NYSE:UBER), Airbnb (NASDAQ:ABNB), News Corp (NASDAQ:NWSA), Pinterest (NYSE:PINS), Dropbox (NASDAQ:DBX), Expedia (NASDAQ:EXPE), Square (NYSE:SQ) and Rocket Companies (NYSE:RKT).
Friday, November 5: DraftKings (NASDAQ:DKNG), Magna International (NYSE:MGA), Cinemark (NYSE:CNK), Canopy Growth (NASDAQ:CGC) and AMC Networks (NASDAQ:AMCX).
IPOs expected to price during the week include Sharethrough on November 1 and Allbirds (BIRD) on November 3. There could also be some action on the upcoming NerdWallet (NRDS) and Arhaus (ARHS) IPOs. Quiet periods expire on Life Time Group (NYSE:LTH), Tricon (NYSE:TCN), Nuvei (NASDAQ:NVEI), Volcon (NASDAQ:VLCN) to set analyst free to issue ratings. IPO lockup periods expire on Honest Company (NASDAQ:HNST), Sprinklr (NYSE:CXM), Waterdrop (NYSE:WDH), Talaris Therapeutics (NASDAQ:TALS), Onion Global (NYSE:OG), Bowman Consulting Group (NASDAQ:BWMN) and Anebulo Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ANEB).
What Moved The Markets Last Week:
Dow +0.4% to 35,820. S&P 500 +1.3% to 4,605. Nasdaq +2.7% to 15,498. Russell 2000 +0.2% to 2,297. CBOE Volatility Index +5.4% to 16.26.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +0.1%. Utilities -0.5%. Financials -0.9%. Telecom +2.%. Healthcare +1.6%. Industrials -0.3%. Information Technology +2.%. Materials +0.3%. Energy -0.8%. Consumer Discretionary +4.%.
London +0.5% to 7,238. France +1.4% to 6,830. Germany +0.9% to 15,689. Japan +0.3% to 28,893. China -1.% to 3,547. Hong Kong -2.9% to 25,377. India -2.5% to 59,307.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -0.6% to $83.25/bbl. Gold -0.6% to $1,784.9/oz. Natural Gas +5.3% to 5.559. Ten-Year Treasury Yield +0.2% to 130.7.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -0.76%. USD/JPY +0.48%. GBP/USD -0.53%. Bitcoin +0.8%. Litecoin -2.1%. Ethereum +4.3%. Ripple -1.1%.
Top Stock Gainers
Bakkt Hldgs (NYSE:BKKT) +365%. Diginex (NASDAQ:EQOS) +92%. Inspira Technologies Oxy B.H.N. (NASDAQ:IINN) +85%. Hcw Biologics (NASDAQ:HCWB) +81%. Gh Research (NASDAQ:GHRS) +75%.
Top Stock Losers
Cortexyme (NASDAQ:CRTX) -78%. Retail Value (NYSE:RVI) -77%. Rafael Holdings (NYSE:RFL) -76%. Angion Biomedica (NASDAQ:ANGN) -51%. Phunware (NASDAQ:PHUN) -51%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN) 📈 – $200 target.
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $100 target
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) 📈 – $3.00 target (news here)
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” – John Lennon
📖 Word Of The Week:
Exude [uhg·zood] verb:
- (with reference to moisture or a smell) discharge or be discharged slowly and steadily: [with object] : “the beetle exudes a caustic liquid” | [no object] : “slime exudes from the fungus.”
- (of a person) display (an emotion or quality) strongly and openly: “Sir Thomas exuded goodwill.”
- (of a place) have a strong atmosphere of: “the building exudes an air of tranquillity.”
❔ Did You Know:
How did the superstition that broken mirrors cause bad luck start and why does it still exist? 🪞
A crypto wallet shows an investor made an $8,000 Shiba Inu coin purchase last year. Today, it is worth $5.7 billion. 🤯
📚 Books We Are Reading:
Top 5 books of Larry Page, Google co-founder:
- My Inventions: The Autobiography of Nikola Tesla by Nikola Tesla.
- Surely You’re Joking, Mr. Feynman! by Richard P. Freyman.
- What Do You Care What Other People Think? by Richard P. Freyman.
- Pleasure of Finding Things Out by Richard P. Freyman.
- Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson.
Q: What do you call a lawyer gone bad.
The Madam opened the brothel door to see a frail, elderly gentleman. “Can I help you?” the madam asked.
“I want Natalie,” the old man replied.
“Sir, Natalie is one of our most expensive ladies, perhaps someone else…”
“No, I must see Natalie.” Just then Natalie appeared and announced to the old man that she charges $1,000 per visit. Without blinking, the man reached into his pocket and handed her ten $100 bills. The two went up to a room for an hour, whereupon the man calmly left.
The next night he appeared again demanding to see Natalie. Natalie explained that no one had ever come back two nights in a row and that there were no discounts…it was still $1,000 a visit. Again the old man took out the money, the two went up to the room and an hour later, he left.
When he showed up the third consecutive night, no one could believe it. Again he handed Natalie the money and up to the room they went. At the end of the hour Natalie questioned the old man: “No one has ever used my services three nights in a row. Where are you from?”
The old man replied, “I’m from Philadelphia.”
“Really?” replied Natalie. “I have family who lives there.”
“Yes, I know,” said the old man. “Your father died, and I’m your sister’s attorney. She asked me to give this $3,000 to you.”
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- The Rise of Psychedelic Therapies | News on Drugs. 💊🍄
- From mysterious mushrooms to synthetic, mind-altering substances, humans have long used psychedelic drugs, leading to bouts of brilliant creativity and also dangerous delusional hallucinations. (listen here) 🎧🔬
📆 Upcoming Events:
To meet with him send an email to: email@example.com.
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.