Welcome to the 72nd edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Hong Kong protests: Angry mobs go on night-time rampage amid outrage over shooting of school pupil during violent National Day clashes. (Sadly, this seems to be getting worse by the day)
- How Canada’s far right is using anti-Muslim propaganda to target Trudeau.
- Forever 21 files for bankruptcy, intends to close up to 178 stores. 👗
- “At what point does malfeasance become fraud?”: NYU biz-school Professor Scott Galloway on WeWork.
- Why WeWork’s problems have London landlords fretting. (We have been all over this for 2+ years as a business model that is nothing but in our opinion a Ponzi scheme, insolvency/bankruptcy looms)
- “We could say anything to each other”: Bob Iger remembers Steve Jobs, the Pixar drama, and the Apple merger that wasn’t.
- Undeniably curious, ecumenical in his taste in people, scourge of Gawker, Peter Thiel the tech billionaire has captivated some of his ideological opponents with a series of TED Talk–like dinners.
- The nightmare in the Bahamas is far from over. 🏝
- Thomas Mueller spent seven years researching and interviewing whistle-blowers for his new book ‘Crisis of Conscience’. And it couldn’t have landed at a better time. (You can buy the book below)
- Would you survive a merger with AI? The cost of brain enhancement may be your identity.
- 7 biggest technology trends in 2020 everyone must get ready for now. ⌛
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Now in development: Off-the-shelf stem cells.
- New blood test capable of detecting multiple types of cancer. 🧬
- Common nutrient supplementation may hold the answers to combating Alzheimer’s disease. 💊
- Our brains are mysterious, fragile, and mischievous. That’s what makes them fascinating. 🧠
- Is it time to rethink Parkinson’s Pathology?
- Growing tumors in a dish, scientists try to personalize pancreatic cancer treatment.
- The story of Jamal Khashoggi’s murder and how the world looked the other way.
- Everything the movie ‘Joker’ is not, despite what you may have heard. 🃏
- Peter Rahal started RxBar out of his mom’s kitchen – then sold it for $600 million. Here’s life on the other side of the entrepreneurial fantasy. 💎
- The outcome bias erodes your sense of risk and makes you blind to error, explaining everything from fatal plane crashes to the Columbia crash and the Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
CANNABIS & MAGIC MUSHROOMS
- Liquidity crunch for cannabis stocks. Video interview with Todd Harrison, founding partner and chief investment officer of CB1 Capital Management. 🌿
- Could cannabis be the cure for dementia? World-first study is set to test how marijuana could improve the life of people suffering with the devastating illness. 💡
- Scientific Shamans make E-coli brew “Magic Mushroom” hallucinogen.
- Square (NYSE:SQ) to begin payment processing program for CBD sellers.
- Coach Alberto Salazar has received a doping sanction.
- Stay up to date with all the news and scores from the Rugby World Cup 2019 Japan. 🏉
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Canopy Growth Corp. inks BioSteel deal to enter CBD sports drinks market.
- Bitcoin ($7900) – We are extremely bearish. Year end target, $2500. 📉
- “Shock and Sadness”: After an IPO delay, where does Endeavor go next?
- Dova Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:DOVA) announced it will be acquired by Swedish Orphan Biovitrum AB. for $27.50 in cash. (In June it traded for $8.25) 📈
- Rough ride: Looking inside the tumultuous rise of Uber. (Still has 50% downside from here) 📉
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Callitas Therapeutics (OTC: MPHMF)
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: CVGR)
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX)
- Plyzer Technologies (OTC:PLYZ)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV: THRM)
- Wuhan General (OTC: WUHN)
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.” – Napoleon Hill
📖 Word Of The Week:
- Predacious adj. Predatory; Given to victimizing, plundering, or destroying for one’s own gain. “A victim of predacious behavior.”
❔ Did You Know:
- In 1834, ketchup was sold as a cure for indigestion by an Ohio physician named John Cook. Tomato ketchup was popularized as a condiment commercially in the late 1800’s and today Americans purchases 10 billion ounces of ketchup annually.
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Bloomberg columnist Barry Ritholtz interviews film and TV producer Brian Grazer, who co-founded Imagine Entertainment with Ron Howard in 1986.
- How the U.S. hacked ISIS. Listen here.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Tom Mueller on Crisis of Conscience Whistleblowing In an Age of Fraud
- No Visible Bruises: What We Don’t Know About Domestic Violence Can Kill Us by Rachel Louise Snyder
- Savage Appetites: Four True Stories of Women, Crime, and Obsession by Rachel Monroe
- Hollywood’s Eve: Eve Babitz and the Secret History of L.A. by Lili Anolik
🤣 One Liners:
📆 Upcoming Events:
- Master Investor Show: March 28, 2020 – London, UK
- Get your FREE ticket with the code INTERNETBULLR
- Have an event or company you would like to promote? This space could be yours. Please inquire at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
P.S. 41 IBR subscribers have signed up and are hosting with Airbnb! 🏘 What are you waiting for? Sign up by clicking here: www.airbnb.com, get your listing published and start earning a significant second income – And meet new people 🤝
P.P.S. Two online banks you should deal with:
- N26 – www.n26.com
- Revolut – revolut.com (sign up with our link and get a free card for awesome exchange rates abroad!)