Welcome to the 67th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
We pray for all those being affected by Hurricane Dorian.?
And we wish everybody a happy and healthy Labour Day Weekend.?
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- What Boris Johnson did to the world’s most stable democracy.
- Ex-Canadian PM apologizes for ‘rooting’ for Hurricane Dorian to hit Trump’s Mar-a-Lago.
- China’s spies are waging an intensifying espionage offensive against the United States. Does America have what it takes to stop them??️♂️
- Bye bye, Barneys? Why luxury is the latest retail casualty.
- Negative interest rates are extremely toxic.
- Why CEOs are split on Trump economics.
- The eternal sunshine of Harry Styles. ?
- The 26-year-old defense attorney whose first two clients were El Chapo and Jeffrey Epstein.
- The newest cereals are hip, expensive, and keto-friendly. ?
- The rise of meatless meat, explained.
- The drama surrounding Google and Huawei’s new phone.
- Apple expected to unveil new iPhones at September 10 event. ?
- Scooters are a huge problem. No one knows how to solve it yet. ?
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Why a promising potent cancer therapy isn’t being used in the US.
- After decades of research, a new study links optimism and prolonged life.
- There’s a troubling rise in colorectal cancer among young adults.
- Mysterious vaping lung injuries may have flown under regulatory radar.
- Inside the search for Amelia Earhart’s airplane. ?
- The photography of Margaret Bourke-White. Absolutely stunning pictures. ?
- Hudson’s Bay said on Wednesday that Lord & Taylor, the beleaguered department store chain founded in 1826, would be acquired by Le Tote, a seven-year-old clothing rental start-up. ?
CANNABIS & MAGIC MUSHROOMS
- NFL should let players use CBD for pain management, says Hall of Fame rusher Terrell Davis. ?
- The Big Pharma takeover of Medical Cannabis. ?
- Why NFL teams find it so hard to quit QBs. ?
- Ansu Fati: Meet the starlet hugged by Messi after becoming youngest Barca league player in 80 years. ⚽
- The U.S. Tennis Open is more lucrative than ever. So why is it so hard for players to make a buck? ?
- Jessi Combs, the “fastest woman on four wheels,” dies attempting to break land speed record. RIP
- When LeBron James chose Nike in 2003, he gave up $28 million — it could end up making him $1 billion. ?
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Uber (NYSE: UBER) and Lyft (NASDAQ: LYFT) take a lot more from drivers than they say. (both are trading near their 52 week lows and going much lower) ?
- Insiders are selling stock like it’s 2007.
- Interest rates keep going down and gold will keep going up in what Gluskin Sheff’s chief economist calls a ‘bona fide and durable gold rally’. (we agree, have been bullish for about 1 year)
- WeWork IPO by the numbers.WeWork is a tech company, so they say…what a joke. Much like Snapchat branded itself in the final days prior to the IPO as a sunglasses company. ? (the underwriters will keep the free trading float very tight for the first few months, much like Beyond Meat, BYND)
- “HE’S FULL OF SHIT”: How Elon Musk fooled investors, bilked taxpayers and gambled Tesla to save Solarcity. (a good read or listen)
- 3 great reasons to buy these 3 cannabis stocks. ??
? Stocks On Our Radar:
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV: THRM)
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE: CVGR)
- Callitas Therapeutics (OTC: MPHMF)
- Wuhan General (OTC: WUHN)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX)
- Plyzer Technologies (OTC: PLYZ)
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
? Word Of The Week:
- Diatribe n. 1. A bitter, sharply abusive denunciation, attack, or criticism: “Repeated diatribes against the candidates.”
❔ Did You Know:
- There are more lifeforms living on your skin than there are people on the planet.?
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- Barry Ritholtz interviews Ron Williams, former CEO of Aetna. (Another great interview by Barry)
- Inside Bill’s Brain: Decoding Bill Gates | Official Trailer | Netflix.
? Books We Are Reading:
Bill Gates Top 5 Must Reads
- I Contain Multitudes: The Microbes Within Us and a Grander View of Life – Ed Yong
- When Breath Becomes Air – Paul Kalanithi
- Seveneves – Neal Stephenson
- Sustainable Materials with Both Eyes Open – Jonathan Cullen, Julian M. Allwood and Mark A. Carruth
- Interventions: A Life in War and Peace – Kofi Annan and Nader Mousavizadeh
? One Liners:
- Sign at the Urologist’s office: URINE good hands.
? Upcoming Events:
- Have an event or company you would like to promote? This space could be yours. Please inquire at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team
P.S. Twenty-six IBR subscribers have signed up and are hosting with Airbnb! ? What are you waiting for? Sign up by clicking here: www.airbnb.com, get your listing published and start earning a significant second income – And meet new people ?
P.P.S. Two online banks you should deal with:
- N26 – www.n26.com
- Revolut – revolut.com (sign up with our link and get a free card for awesome exchange rates abroad!)