Welcome to the 166th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Happy Labor day to our friends in America. 🤗
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- U.S. Dems discussing range of tax proposals including levies on stock buybacks, carbon emissions, and executive compensation. 📃
- How the C.I.A. left its last base in Afghanistan. 🚁
- Texas abortion law now in effect – Here’s what it means for other states. 🧑⚖️
- Biden orders DOJ to declassify 9/11 investigation documents. ✈️
- Balkans strife: Populist clashes over religious disputes. ☦️
- Italy announced potential plans for mandatory Covid-19 vaccines, sparking violent protests from anti-vaxxers. 💉
- Federal Trade Commission steps in to understand why McFlurry machines are always broken, a potential violation of antitrust laws. 🍦
- The Wild West of greenwashing gold may be coming to an end. 🌱
- China is establishing a new stock exchange in Beijing, to serve small and medium-sized enterprises. 🇨🇳
- Modern metropolises, like NYC, are not ready for the challenges of climate change. 🌊
- Nobel Laureate Joseph Stiglitz says it’s time to rewire the U.S. economy. 🔄
- With strong fundamentals EM corporations have raised a record $249B so far in 2021, hitting record highs for EM corporate bond sales. 📈
- US labor shortage continues as Delta variant spreads, but there’s hope for the fall. 🍂
- Swiss pile on the pounds due to the pandemic. 💷
- What would it feel like to play on the world’s largest piano? 🎹
- The migration journey of the ancient human spanned over different continents and went on for over 400,000 years. 🚶
- Life drawing and sketching have shifted to virtual, opening new opportunities for artists and models. 🖼
- Next time you see a rock in the ocean, it might actually be a camouflaged boat. 🪨
- Judge approves Purdue’s controversial bankruptcy plan, paving the way for immunity for Sacklers. 👩⚖️
- Early-career encounters and experiences can help to shape leadership styles and the values that drive a research group’s ethos, culture, and priorities. 💼
- The world’s top 50 thinkers 2021: The winner. 🏆
- Forget cramming, ditch the highlighter, and stop passively rereading – Here’s how to study. 📚
- If you are obsessively self-centered, you will climb the corporate ladder faster, research shows. 🪜
- America’s biggest 3D printed building is this new military barracks in Texas. 🖨
- Researchers from Osaka University and Japanese printing technologies provider Toppan have successfully produced cultured Wagyu beef using a novel tissue modeling technology based on 3D printing. 🥩
- Fresh data shows that consumers are searching plant-based meat analogs less frequently. Does this point to a category slowdown on the horizon? 🌱
- Single-ingredient plant-based meat start-up launches fundraise: ‘We have done the hard work… Now we feel ready to move further’. 💰
- Nikola Tesla’s vision of wireless electricity looks to becoming a reality. ⚡️
- 8 US states adopting government IDs on Apple wallets and many more states to follow. 🆔
- Windows 11’s stringent specs requirement and the rushed launch are building negativity amongst Microsoft users. 💻
MEDICINE AND SCIENCE
- Up to three cups of coffee per day is associated with a lower risk of stroke and fatal heart disease, according to new research. ☕️
- ‘Stuck in a cul-de-sac’: Researchers are finally breaking away from the central dogma of depression. 🌩
- Type 2 Diabetes ‘Remission’ is a reality. 💫
- Salt substitute shows a clear reduction in stroke, CV events, and death. 👍
- A marine bacteria species shows promise for curing aggressive brain cancer. 🧠
- HPV vaccination will reduce throat and mouth cancers, but the overall impact will take 25-plus years to see. 👀
- Novel AI technology allows researchers to understand which brain regions directly interact with each other, which helps guide the placement of electrodes for DBS to treat neurological diseases. 🤖
- A new AI algorithm can predict the onset of Alzheimer’s disease with an accuracy of over 99% by analyzing fMRI brain scans. 🎯
- Gut bacteria influence brain development. 🧠
- The strength of the connection between our brain and internal organs is linked to how we feel about our appearance. 👸
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- M2Bio Sciences Appoints Dr. Riyad Domingo as Chief Innovation Officer. ($WUHN) 🤝
- Cannabis smoking lounges off to a successful start in Illinois. ‘60- and 70-year-old dudes walking in with their tie-dye.’ 🚬
- The Swiss government has proposed lifting the special requirement for medical cannabis prescription. 🇨🇭
- All-inclusive magic mushroom retreats are the new luxury ‘Trips’. 🍄
- The cannabinoid CBN might be cannabis industry’s surprise hit. 🌿
- Psychedelic mushrooms can regrow brain tissue lost in depression. 🧠
- ‘Swazi gold’: grandmothers in Eswatini growing cannabis to make ends meet. 🤑
- A new statistical model lays the groundwork for understanding how ketamine induces an anesthetic response, provides new information about brain activity while unconscious. 😵💫
- Characters on Nine Perfect Strangers are microdosing psilocybin for their health — but does it work? 🍄
- Where’s the next Andy Roddick? 🤔
- Julio Jones felt $66M didn’t show enough respect for being NFL’s best wideout. 🥶
- Patriots adding third quarterback to their team: Garrett Gilbert. 🏈
- Muhammad Ziyad Zolkefli losses his gold medal at the Tokyo Paralympics for arriving late to the event. 🥇❌
- Visualizing the highest-paid athletes in 2021. 💰
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- MedMen Enterprises (OTC: $MMNFF): The ‘WeWork’ of Cannabis? 🌿
- Binance is under heavy fire from regulators that it needs to extinguish (and fast) to have any chance of going public. 🔥🧯
- Is Rio Tinto (NYSE: $RIO) losing its sheen in the hyper cyclical mining industry? 🌟
- No positive earnings in 7 years: does Tanga (ASX: $TRL) have a future? 🤔
- Facebook’s WhatsApp fined $267M for breaching EU privacy laws – pennies compared to the $86 billion the company made in 2020. 💰
- Amerigo Resources (TSX: $ARG): A micro-cap stock with a not-so-micro advantage. 🔝
- Great Western Exploration (ASX: $GTE): A contender for rising Bullion? 🔱
Tuesday, September 7th: Casey’s General Stores (NASDAQ:CASY), Coupa Software (NASDAQ:COUP).
Wednesday, September 8th: REV Group (NYSE:REVG), GameStop (GME), Lululemon (LULU), RH (NYSE:RH) and ABM Industries (NYSE:ABM).
Thursday, September 9th: Academy Sports (NASDAQ:ASO), FuelCell Energy (NASDAQ:FCEL), Zscaler (NASDAQ:ZS) and H&R Block (NYSE:HRB) and Affirm Holdings (AFRM).
Friday, September 10th: Kroger (NYSE:KR) and Roots (OTC:RROTF).
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
IPO watch: IPO lockup period expires on First High-School Education Group (NYSE:FHS) on September 7, as well as Hayward (NYSE:HAYW), Olo Inc (NYSE:OLO), Prometheus Biosciences (NASDAQ:RXDX), JOANN (NASDAQ:JOAN), Longboard Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:LBPH), Meatech 3D (NASDAQ:MITC) on September 8. Of the group, Olo has posted the biggest gain from its IPO pricing level. Meanwhile, the analyst quiet period expires on Eliem Therapeutics (NASDAQ:ELYM), Southern States Bancshares (NASDAQ:SSBK), Dermata Therapeutics (NASDAQ:DRMA) and PetVivo (NASDAQ:PETV).
What Moved The Markets Last Week:
Dow -0.2% to 35,369. S&P 500 +0.6% to 4,535. Nasdaq +1.6% to 15,364. Russell 2000 +0.7% to 2,293. CBOE Volatility Index +0.1% to 16.41.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +1.5%. Utilities +1.4%. Financials -2.5%. Telecom +1.%. Healthcare +1.7%. Industrials -0.4%. Information Technology +0.9%. Materials -0.9%. Energy -1.4%. Consumer Discretionary +1.2%.
London -0.1% to 7,138. France +0.1% to 6,690. Germany -0.5% to 15,781. Japan +5.4% to 29,128. China +1.7% to 3,582. Hong Kong +1.9% to 25,902. India +3.6% to 58,130.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +0.6% to $69.12/bbl. Gold +0.6% to $1,830.3/oz. Natural Gas +7.5% to 4.697. Ten-Year Treasury Yield +0.1% to 134.02.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +0.72%. USD/JPY -0.1%. GBP/USD +0.81%. Bitcoin +2.9%. Litecoin +20.1%. Ethereum +20.8%. Ripple +12.4%.
Top Stock Gainers
Focus Universal Inc (NASDAQ:FCUV) +152%. Katapult Hldgs Inc (NASDAQ:KPLT) +76%. Innate Pharma S.A. ADR (NASDAQ:IPHA) +74%. Vera Therapeutics Inc Cl A (NASDAQ:VERA) +62%. Cellect Biotechnology Ltd ADR (NASDAQ:APOP) +60%.
Top Stock Losers
Forte Biosciences Inc (NASDAQ:FBRX) -82%. Neurometrix Inc (NASDAQ:NURO) -34%. Ree Automotive Ltd Cl A (NASDAQ:REE) -33%. Joann Inc (NASDAQ:JOAN) -31%. Acasti Pharma (NASDAQ:ACST) -29%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN) 📈 – $200 target. (New highs at $132+)
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $100 target
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
”Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.”
– George Addair
📖 Word Of The Week:
Usurp [ yoo·surp, -zurp], verb – take (a position of power or importance) illegally or by force: “Richard usurped the throne.”
(Usurp on/upon) archaic encroach or infringe upon (someone’s rights): “the Church had usurped upon the domain of the state.”
❔ Did You Know:
Labor Day 2021 will occur on Monday, September 6.
Labor Day pays tribute to the contributions and achievements of American workers and is traditionally observed on the first Monday in September. It was created by the labor movement in the late 19th century and became a federal holiday in 1894. Labor Day weekend also symbolizes the end of summer for many Americans and is celebrated with parties, street parades, and athletic events. 💪
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- “The Topeka School” by Ben Lerner
- “Trust Exercise” by Susan Choi
- “Solitary” by Albert Woodfox
- “How to Do Nothing: Resisting the Attention Economy” by Jenny Odell
- “The Orphan Master’s Son” by Adam Johnson
What did the elephant say to the naked man? 🐘
“How do you breathe through that tiny thing?”
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
In this discussion, Florian and Christian from $ATAI talk about their future roadmap, why psychedelics changed their lives, and when can we expect these medicinal compounds to appear over the counter. 💊🔬
Revisiting a conversation with hedge fund manager Lars Tvede about how certain Super Trends are shaping our post-pandemic World. Fascinating how much has already changed and what’s in store for the future. 🔭💫
📆 Upcoming Events:
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
Please send any news, comments, or stock ideas to email@example.com and follow IBR on Twitter @IBullReport
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.