Welcome to the 68th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Zimbabwe’s Robert Mugabe dies in Singapore hospital aged 95.
- Fiasco: the inside story of the Brexit talks.
- France threatens to veto further Brexit extension.
- Trade war drives ‘innocent’ Asian nations towards recession.
- Michael Burry of ‘The Big Short’ says he has found the next market bubble.
- When vegan influencers quit being vegan, the backlash can be brutal.
- The brain, the criminal and the courts. Most interesting read. 🧠
- How the plastic bottle went from miracle container to hated garbage.
- M.I.T. was aware of Epstein’s status as a convicted sex offender, and that Epstein directed contributions far exceeding the amounts M.I.T. has publicly admitted.
- “I’m a terrible person”: Behind the epic meltdown that ended Travis Kalanick.
- The problem isn’t so much that tech companies are too big, but that they’ve lost control of their platforms.
- How the real time payments revolution is pushing Mastercard beyond cards. 💳 (MA:NYSE)
- Japan’s singing, self-cleaning toilets are conquering the West. 🚽
- Tomorrow’s wars will be faster, more high-tech, and less human than ever before. Welcome to a new era of machine-driven warfare. 🤖
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Suggested move to plant-based diets risks worsening brain health nutrient deficiency.
- Sedentary lifestyle linked to doubled early mortality risk compared to being active.
- Harvard study says cannabis may help fight pancreatic cancer. Link to the study.
- AI study led by Insilico’s Alex Zhavoronkov bolsters case for faster, cheaper drug discovery. (this is truly groundbreaking)
- Documentaries are now the Art-House Lifeline, but even the best see limited results.
- How to go to Burning Man without going to Burning Man.🔥
- How misinformation spreads—and why we trust it.
- A good conversation is like a good game of tennis. Benjamin Markovits on the value of making contact.
MEDICINAL CANNABIS & MUSHROOMS
- She’s putting cannabis in your diet… without the high.
- Lose weight with marijuana? Read about it here.
- Johns Hopkins launches Center For Psychedelic Research. (BIG news)
- Here’s what the Surgeon General gets wrong about marijuana.
- From psilocybin-loving psychologist to modern mystic: A profile of Ram Dass.
- South Africa is now on the verge of cannabis legalization.
- Mario Lemieux took control of the Penguins as a businessman, not a savior. 🏒
- How Christian Yelich turned himself into an MVP. ⚾
- Pro golfers and rugby players show cannabis is going mainstream in sport.
- The amazing knuckleball in baseball, read about it. ⚾
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Would you invest in WeWork? Here’s the bull and bear csse before its IPO. (Another crazy Silicon Valley valuation). WeWork slashing valuation ahead of IPO by 50% to $25 billion from $50 billion. (Even at $25 billion, still overvalued by $15 billion) 📉
- Slack (NYSE: WORK) stock falls 15% after projecting slower second-half sales growth. Trading at $27 we see it going to $15. 📉 (Another way overhyped Silicon Valley situation getting whacked by Wall Street)
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Therma Bright Inc. (TSXV:THRM)
- City View Green Holdings Inc. (CSE:CVGR)
- Callitas Therapeutics (OTC:MPHMF)
- Wuhan General Group, Inc. (OTC:WUHN)
- Portage Biotech (OTC:PTGEF)
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC:FLCX)
- Plyzer Technologies (OTC:PLYZ)
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.” – Steve Jobs
📖 Word Of The Week:
- Eponym n. A person whose name is or is thought to be the source of the name of something, such as a city or country.
“George Washington is the eponym of Washington DC.”
❔ Did You Know:
- FDA regulations allow 10 insects and 35 fruit fly eggs per 8 ounces of raisins.🐛
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Kara Swisher, founder of Recode interviewed by Barry Ritholtz. She is best known for the two decades she spent as a San Francisco based tech journalist for The Wall Street Journal, where she covered the internet, technology and Silicon Valley, and won a Loeb Award for her reporting.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
5 books that helped form billionaire Jeff Bezos’ leadership style:
- The Remains of the Day – Kazuo Ishiguro
- Built to Last: Successful Habits of Visionary Companies – Jim Collins
- Creation: Life and How to Make It – Steve Grand
- The Innovator’s Dilemma – Clayton Christensen
- Sam Walton: Made in America – Sam Walton
🤣 One Liners:
- When someone asks me if I’m seeing anyone, I automatically assume they’re talking about a psychiatrist.
📆 Upcoming Events:
- Have an event or company you would like to promote? This space could be yours. Please inquire at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
P.S. Twenty-nine IBR subscribers have signed up and are hosting with Airbnb! 🏘 What are you waiting for? Sign up by clicking here: www.airbnb.com, get your listing published and start earning a significant second income – And meet new people 🤝
P.P.S. Two online banks you should deal with:
- N26 – www.n26.com
- Revolut – revolut.com (sign up with our link and get a free card for awesome exchange rates abroad!)