Welcome to the 217th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
September 11th, Never Forget. RIP
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Poilievre swept the vote, handing him a decisive mandate and setting the stage for a new era in Canadian politics. (the faster he can get elected PM, the better off Canada will be. The damage caused by the woke PM Trudeau has been catastrophic.) ❎
- New North Korea law allows for preemptive nuclear strikes, country will ‘Automatically And Immediately’ fire nuke if Kim dies in attack.
- Pentagon tells struggling army soldiers, families to apply for food stamps. 🍴🥙
- She ain’t Biden: New British PM calls for North Sea drilling, nuclear power plants to boost domestic energy. ⚡💡
- The Dutch city of Haarlem is set to become the first in the world to ban advertisements for most meat because of its impact on climate change. 🍖🥩
- Is history a matter of individual agency and action, or of finding and quantifying underpinning structures and patterns?
- Martha Stewart strips down to just an apron for sexy coffee campaign: ‘I’m Not Embarrassed’. 😮☕
- The Attention Span. “Where do ideas come from?”
- The super-rich ‘preppers’ planning to save themselves from the apocalypse. 💀😐
- The members of Longevity House are united by two things: a willingness to hand over $100,000 and a burning desire to live forever.
- Ivy League School will be free for students whose families make under $100K. 🏫👩🎓👨🎓
- David A. Arnold, comedian and Netflix star, dies at 54.
- “Nothing To Do With Man” – Astrophysicist says Climate-Cultists “Are On A Gravy Train” to make money.
- MIT researchers create Artificial Synapses 10,000x faster than biological ones. 🔬🧠
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Small steps toward improving research reliability. 📃
- 5 virus families could cause the next pandemic, according to the experts.😷
- Ballroom dance training promotes empathy. 💃
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- One-third of Toronto’s cannabis stores are expected to close within the next year.
- San Francisco takes one step closer to decriminalizing plant-based psychedelics.
- Penis Envy Mushrooms Review: World’s most psychedelic shroom.🍄
- How magic mushroom retreats are changing lives: Afghan war vet who launched them with British peeress says ‘we are on to something.
- Psilocybin as a promising treatment for alcohol use disorder. 💊⚕
- F1 – Verstappen takes Italian GP win as race ends under safety car. 🏎️
- Tennis – Iga Swiatek win US Open women’s singles. 🌟🎾
- All Premier League fixtures postponed following Queens death.
- Cricket – South Africa’s Jansen and Rabada polish off England’s tail in 3rd test. 🏏
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Can Mike Novogratz’s comeback narrative survive the crypto crash?
September 12 – Oracle (NYSE:ORCL) and Planet Labs (NYSE:PL).
September 13 – Core & Main (NYSE:CNM) and Vintage Wine Estates (NASDAQ:VWE).
September 14 – BRP (NASDAQ:DOOO) and Li-Cycle (NYSE:LICY),
September 15 – Adobe (NASDAQ:ADBE).
September 16 – Manchester United (NYSE:MANU).
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
Chinese financial services firm Lichen China (NASDAQ:LICN) is expected to start trading on September 12. Meanwhile, Corebridge Financial (CRBG) is expected to start trading on September 14 after spinning off from AIG (AIG). The IPO offering will see 80M shares released at an expected pricing range of $21 to $24 per share. CRBG is already a profitable and expects to provide a 4% dividend yield at the IPO price. Biotech firm Jupiter Neurosciences (NASDAQ:JUNS) is also scheduled to start trading on September 14. Also watch for IPO lockup expiration for blocks of shares on EzFill Holdings (NASDAQ:EZFL) and Pasithea Therapeutics (NASDAQ:KTTA).
What Moved the Markets:
Dow +2.7% to 32,152. S&P 500 +3.7% to 4,067. Nasdaq +4.1% to 12,112. Russell 2000 +4.1% to 1,882. CBOE Volatility Index -10.5% to 22.79.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples +1.9%. Utilities +3.7%. Financials +4.4%. Telecom +2.9%. Healthcare +4.4%. Industrials +3.4%. Information Technology +3.2%. Materials +4.9%. Energy +0.6%. Consumer Discretionary +5.6%.
London +1.% to 7,351. France +0.7% to 6,212. Germany +0.3% to 13,088. Japan +2.% to 28,215. China +2.4% to 3,262. Hong Kong -0.5% to 19,362. India +1.7% to 59,793.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -0.9% to $86.1/bbl. Gold +0.3% to $1,727.6/oz. Natural Gas -8.5% to 8.038. Ten-Year Bond Yield -0.2 bps to 3.315.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +0.94%. USD/JPY +1.69%. GBP/USD +0.71%. Bitcoin +7.1%. Litecoin +0.3%. Ethereum +8.5%. XRP +7.5%.
Top S&P 500 Gainers
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN) +21%. Albemarle (ALB) +17%. SolarEdge Technologies (SEDG) +16%. Royal Caribbean Cruises (RCL) +15%. Freeport-McMoRan (FCX) +15%.
Top S&P 500 Losers
McCormick & Company (MKC) -6%. Occidental Petroleum (OXY) -4%. Comcast (CMCSA) -4%. Church & Dwight Co. (CHD) -4%. Charter Communications (CHTR) -3%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $45 target
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“Silence is very important. The silence between the notes is as important as the notes themselves.” – Mozart 🎵
📖 Word Of The Week:
Sternutate: To expel air as a reflex induced by an irritation in the nose.
Why sneeze when you can sternutate?
❔ Did You Know:
- A Politician Is Taken Hostage in the Palace Every Year
A lesser-known royal tradition requires a British lawmaker, known as a member of parliament, to give themselves up to Buckingham Palace as collateral.The tradition dates back to times when relations between the palace and Parliament were not as trusting as they are now and the monarchy wanted a guarantee the sovereign would not be harmed.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Breasts and Eggs, by Mieko Kawakami
- The City We Became, by N.K. Jemisin
- Deacon King Kong, by James McBride
- Drifts, by Kate Zambreno
- Real Life: A Novel, by Brandon Taylor
- A century ago, two brothers decided it was possible to fly. And as you can see, they were Wright.
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Jason interviews Jeff: Latest thoughts on current events and the markets.
- Ketamine: Benefits, risks, and promising therapeutic potential | Celia Morgan, Ph.D.
📆 Upcoming Events:
MASTER INVESTOR SECTOR FOCUS:
Going for Gold
Join us on 21st September for a webinar focused on gold. With global uncertainty has come a renewed interest in the precious metal and we’ll discuss the gold outlook with major investor, Jim Mellon. Master Investor will host four gold companies with exciting projects in development to help keep our investors ahead of the curve.
21 September 2022 | London | 1:30pm – 3:30pm
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.