Welcome to the 167th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- How the Taliban’s success in Afghanistan could threaten China’s interests in Africa. 🌍
- California Gov. seat might be up for grabs – the competition isn’t looking pretty – including a 29-year old YouTube diva. ❄️
- Russia ready to resume anti-terrorism cooperation with the U.S. willing to “put aside all contradictions and disputes and cooperate”. 🇷🇺
- Officials in Ethiopia allege Tigray forces killed 120+ civilians in recent days, making it one of the deadliest massacres of the 10-month war. 🇪🇹
- Morocco’s King named billionaire businessman Aziz Akhannouch to lead new government. 🤴
- Election fraud in Russia: Two candidates changed names and appearance attempting to confuse and draw support away from real Boris Vishnevsky. 🗳
- High stake primaries in Argentina – by mule or by boat – election workers are committed to counting every vote. 🐐
- Elite Special Forces unit stormed the presidential palace removing Guinea’s leader Alpha Conde in a coup. 🇬🇳
- This legendary quant trader has earned $9.2 billion in just five years. 💰
- Russian economy grew 10.5% year-on-year in Q2, its strongest leap since 2000, while inflation hits new 5-year high. 💹
- Mining contracts are up for review in Africa – DRC and Zambia are hoping to curb deficits by negotiating better deals. ⛏
- Prices producers get for final demand goods and services surged to 8.3% from a year ago, the biggest increase on record going back to 2010. 📈
- Venezuela’s central bank reports $5B jump in international reserves – it’s unclear where the funds came from. 🤷♂️
- China’s factory inflation hits 13-year high as materials costs soar – PPI rose 9.5% from a year earlier in August. 🇨🇳
- Leisure and hospitality saw wages jump 1.3% for August and 10.3% for the year, with no net job growth. 🏨
- Coffee supply chain turmoil could push prices even higher. ☕️
- Luxury problem: “Consumer demand must ease to end supply chain crisis“, says Maersk executive. 🚢
- Art Exhibition shows works with scientific aesthetics. 🖼
- Scenes of remembrances and reflections: 20 years after the 9/11 attacks. 💐
- Encouraging access to cultural knowledge, Columbia’s professor Teodolinda, posted a free course on Dante’s Commedia. 👩🏫
- Doctors in Brussels link mental health with art and encourage patients to have occasional museum visits. 👩⚕️
- Once considered eccentric, using animals in psychotherapy is becoming popular as research reveals benefits. 🦎
- Venice Film Festival: Abortion drama, L’Événement, wins top prize. 🏆
- What to expect from ABBA’s comeback live tour. 🎤
- How 9/11 changed: EVERYTHING. 😲
- How blockchain can revolutionize medical records and save lives. ⛓
- Nestlé launches largest R&D Accelerator for food and drinks innovation. 🧃
- How blockchain can change the world. 🌎
- India’s move towards becoming a tech powerhouse and developing SaaS products is opening doors to $1 trillion dollar market. 🇮🇳
- Sila, a materials company from California, introduces unique ways to harness more power from lithium-ion batteries. 🔋
- Facebook’s biggest issue is that no one believes they are not reading our WhatsApp messages. 🤨
- Climework’s new DAC (direct air capture) facility absorbs CO2 directly from power plants in Iceland. 🌱
- Physicists fiddling with old particle accelerator data glimpse first signs of a triangular singularity. ⚛️
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Paul Craddock explores the history of transplant surgery in a fascinating book. 📖
- Greater amount of moderate, habitual coffee consumption was associated with lower risk of arrhythmias. ☕️
- Scientists have developed an Artificial Intelligence (AI) algorithm which they hope could aid in the early detection of autism spectrum disorder. 🔍
- DeepMind has unlocked protein-based medicine – what does that mean for drug patents? 🧬
- Bezos billions fund new antiaging biotech start-up. 💸
- Those who exercise regularly may lower their risk of developing anxiety by 60%. 🏃♀️
- Machine learning algorithm produced fewer decision-making errors than professionals when it came to the clinical diagnosis of patients. 🦾
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Zimbabwe licenses 57 cannabis producers as it eyes export market. 🇿🇼
- Biden proposed a change to the federal drug scheduling system that will streamline research into Schedule I controlled substances including marijuana and psychedelics such as psilocybin. 🌿
- Seattle-area psychedelics startup CaaMTech raises $22M to advance to human testing. 🧪
- U.S. college students drank less, used more marijuana and psychedelics during Covid-19. 💊
- Tim Schlidt of Palo Santo discusses why psychedelics therapy is the future of end-of-life care. 👨⚕️
- New York Fashion Week’s biggest trend is a trip — literally. 👠
- Far Out 40: The ultimate psychedelic anthems. 🎶
- Jon Hopkins announces Music for Psychedelic Therapy release. 🎧
- What contestant could possibly crash the top four party of ManU, City, Liverpool, and Chelsea? 🏟
- Five-time NBA star, Chris Webber, to receive highest honor by entering the Basketball Hall of Fame this weekend. 🏀
- Novak Djokovic enters the U.S. Open semifinals and inches closer to having rare grand slam year. 🎾
- Watch out for the hottest XI picks for Fantasy Premier League GW4. ⚽️
- The new Taliban regime to ban Afghan women from playing sports. 🧕
- Danish triathlete Kristian Hogenhaug claims the World Triathlon Long Distance Championship. 🏃♂️
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Advanced Emissions Solutions (NASDAQ: $ADES) to tackle Climate Change: Opportunity to maximize shareholder value. 🌱
- Africa recorded its biggest Series A to date of $200M USD into mobile money startup Wave – led by Sequoia Heritage, Founders Fund, and Stripe. 🌍
- Avcorp Industries (TSE: $AVP): Top Gun’s Maverick or Iceman? 🛩
- Barcelona-based, Factorial, has built a platform that lets SMBs run HR functions and now raised $80M Series-B. 🇪🇸
Monday, September 13th: Oracle (ORCL).
Tuesday, September 14th: FuelCell Energy (NASDAQ:FCEL).
Wednesday, September 15th: JinkoSolar (NYSE:JKS).
Thursday, September 16th: Trip.com (NASDAQ:TCOM).
Friday, September 17th: Manchester United (NYSE:MANU).
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
A busy week is setting up in the IPO market with Sportradar Group (SRAD), Dutch Bros (BROS), Definitive Healthcare Corp. (DH), Thoughtworks Holding (TWKS), On Holding (ONON), PROCEPT BioRobotics Corp. (PRCT) and ForgeRock (FORG) all set due to debut. Software consultancy firm Thoughtworks Holding could trade with the highest market cap of the group, with the Siemens-backed company aiming for a valuation of over $6B in the U.S. Also next week, watch for IPO lockup periods expire on Olo (NYSE:OLO), Jowell Global (NASDAQ:JWEL), Alzamend Neuro (NASDAQ:ALZN), Sun Country Airlines (NASDAQ:SNCY), Tuya (NYSE:TUYA), Vine Energy (NYSE:VEI), Duckhorn Portfolio (NYSE:NAPA), Molecular Partners (NASDAQ:MOLN), Gain Therapeutics (NASDAQ:GANX), Instil Bio (NASDAQ:TIL), Connect Biopharma (NASDAQ:CNTB), Finch Therapeutics Group (NASDAQ:FNCH) and AFC Gamma (NASDAQ:AFCG).
What Moved The Markets Last Week:
Dow -2.2% to 34,608. S&P 500 -1.7% to 4,459. Nasdaq -1.6% to 15,116. Russell 2000 -2.6% to 2,233. CBOE Volatility Index +27.7% to 20.95.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -1.3%. Utilities -1.6%. Financials -1.3%. Telecom -1.2%. Healthcare -2.7%. Industrials -2.5%. Information Technology -1.8%. Materials -1.7%. Energy -1.8%. Consumer Discretionary -0.3%.
London -1.5% to 7,029. France -0.4% to 6,664. Germany -1.1% to 15,610. Japan +4.3% to 30,382. China +3.4% to 3,703. Hong Kong +1.2% to 26,206. India +0.3% to 58,305.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +0.6% to $69.69/bbl. Gold -2.5% to $1,788.6/oz. Natural Gas +5.3% to 4.961. Ten-Year Treasury Yield -0.7% to 133.14.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -0.56%. USD/JPY +0.19%. GBP/USD -0.25%. Bitcoin -9.1%. Litecoin -16.7%. Ethereum -15.7%. Ripple -14.4%.
Top Stock Gainers
Hippo Holdings Inc (NYSE:HIPO) +34%. Gevo Inc (NASDAQ:GEVO) +11%. Rocket Lab USA Inc (NASDAQ:RKLB) +61%. Consonance-Hfw Acq Corp (NASDAQ:SRZN) +39%. Monopar Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ:MNPR) +9%.
Top Stock Losers
Mersana Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ:MRSN) -41%. Apellis Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ:APLS) -44%. Virpax Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ:VRPX) -39%. Impel Neuropharma Inc (NASDAQ:IMPL) -30%. Rxsight Inc (NASDAQ:RXST) -12%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN) 📈 – $200 target.
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $100 target
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
🏆 Quotes and Thoughts That Inspire Us:
“The ultimate touchstone of friendship is not improvement, neither of the other nor of the self, the ultimate touchstone is witness, the privilege of having been seen by someone and the equal privilege of being granted the sight of the essence of another, to have walked with them and to have believed in them, and sometimes just to have accompanied them for however brief a span, on a journey impossible to accomplish alone.” – David Whyte
📖 Word Of The Week:
Adversary – noun, is a word for an enemy or opponent.
‘The adversaries met at the negotiating table again, hoping to reach an agreement.”
❔ Did You Know:
Four countries have Guinea in their names: Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Papua New Guinea. 🇬🇳 🇬🇶 🇬🇼 🇵🇬
English “Guinea” is derived from the Portuguese word “Guiné” which originated during the mid-15th century. The word Guinea was used to refer to the lands owned by the Guineus, which was a collective term for the African people who came from regions south of the Senegal River.
Many European colonists who arrived in the Guinea region of West Africa applied names such as “German Guinea”, “Spanish Guinea”, “French Guinea”, or “Portuguese Guinea”. Some countries retained portions of these names after independence, others dropped it entirely.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
“Executives should read fewer management books; only one book in 20 should be a business book” – Jim Collins. Here are his top 5 picks:
- In Love and War, by Jim and Sybil Stockdale
- Means of Ascent, by Robert Caro, and Truman, by David McCullough
- The Panda’s Thumb, by Stephen Jay Gould
- The Plague, by Albert Camus
- The Second World War, by Winston S. Churchill
Most people are shocked when they find out how bad I am as an electrician. 🔌⚡️
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
📆 Upcoming Events:
🚨 (Last chance) 🚨
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.