Welcome to the 120th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Bahrain becomes latest Arab nation to recognize Israel.
- Trump nominated for second Nobel Peace Prize. ☮
- Biden campaign erupts, refuses to answer if Biden using teleprompter during live interviews.
- Goldman’s 10 reasons that the Bull Market will resume.
- Ray Dalio, in Economic Club of New York address, speaks of threats beyond the pandemic.
- Amazon’s murky world of one-star reviews. ⭐
- I can see loo: Tokyo park gets transparent toilets. 🚽
- Netflix defends ‘Cuties’ Movie accused of sexualizing children, calling it ‘A Powerful Story’.
- Stefanie Horovitz – the woman behind the isotope.
- This abandoned East African city once controlled the medieval gold trade.
- The perils and promises of redesigning animals to meet our needs. 🐄
- Switzerland freezes Angolan tycoon’s $900 million fortune. 🔒
- Kim Kardashian announces end of long-running hit reality show.
- Married couple die of Coronavirus 4 minutes apart, holding hands for the last time: ‘They Were a Blessing’. 👫
- Western wildfires rage in California, Oregon and Washington – in pictures. 👩🚒
- No ‘hot pants’: Sexist rules for women on Arctic expedition. 🩳
- Consumer health: What are the health benefits of juicing?
- Artificial intelligence in healthcare is already here, but where to next? 🤔
- Artificial intelligence aids gene activation discovery. 🔎
- Computer scientists use artificial intelligence to predict the frequencies of drug side effects. 💊
- A primer on algorithms and bias.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Common diabetes drug reverses inflammation in the liver.
- Common cold jumpstarts defense against influenza. 🤒
- Genome sequencing accelerates cancer detection.
- Researchers offer insights into aging. 🧓
- When antibodies mislead: the quest for validation.
- How common is burnout among physicians? 👨⚕️
- Rapamycin may suppress muscle aging and prevent sarcopenia.
- Oxford Scientists: The final steps we’re taking to get our Coronavirus vaccine approved.
- Alcohol and your brain: Study finds moderate drinking is damaging. 🍷🧠
- The key to minimizing health risks associated with aging.
- Epigenetic reprogramming: the road to reversing time.
CANNABIS & MUSHROOMS
- The magic mushrooms you should be eating to reduce stress and boost energy.
- Early freeze in Colorado could cost hemp growers ‘catastrophic’ losses.
- Synthetic cannabinoid partnership devolves into $881 million lawsuit.
- Martha Stewart-branded CBD gummies arrive in crowded market.
- Here’s what happens when you mix psychedelic drugs with psychotherapy.
- One step beyond: The ascent of mountain runner Kílian Jornet. 🌄👟
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Who is Jane Fraser, Citi’s new CEO and the first woman to lead a major Wall Street Bank?
- Institutions Beware: retail investors plan massive asset shift based on U.S. Elections.
- Why investing in psychedelic medicine will be huge.
- Aurora taps hemp veteran as new CEO, signaling revenue decline and massive write-downs.
- Cancer blood test maker Grail files for Nasdaq IPO.
- SoftBank, Robinhood and a margins singularity.
Weekly Market Movement Wrap
- U.S. Indices
Dow -1.7% to 27,666. S&P 500 -2.5% to 3,341. Nasdaq -4.1% to 10,854. Russell 2000 -2.5% to 1,497. CBOE Volatility Index -12.6% to 26.87.
- S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -1.3%. Utilities -0.8%. Financials -2.4%. Telecom -3.3%. Healthcare -1.1%. Industrials -0.3%. Information Technology -4.4%. Materials +0.8%. Energy -6.4%. Consumer Discretionary -1.9%.
- World Indices
London +4% to 6,032. France +1.4% to 5,034. Germany +2.8% to 13,203. Japan +0.9% to 23,406. China -2.8% to 3,260. Hong Kong -0.8% to 24,503. India +1.3% to 38,855.
- Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -6% to $37.38/bbl. Gold +0.7% to $1,948.3/oz. Natural Gas -12.9% to 2.253. Ten-Year Treasury Yield +0.3% to 139.6.
- Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD +0.07%. USD/JPY -0.06%. GBP/USD -3.67%. Bitcoin +1.5%. Litecoin +1.8%. Ethereum +9.6%. Ripple +1.9%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN)
- AgeX (NYSE:AGE)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN)
Agronomics Ltd (LON: ANIC)
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
- ”If you don’t live on the edge, you can’t see the view.” – Vicky Corrington
📖 Word Of The Week:
- Insolent adj. Showing a rude or arrogant lack of respect.
- “The child’s insolent behavior was unacceptable.”
❔ Did You Know:
You can hear a blue whale’s heartbeat from more than 2 miles away. The world’s largest animal’s heart weighs about 400 pounds — approximately the size of a small piano.🐋
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- The Great Power And Great Responsibility Of Using Psychedelic Medicine.
- Master in Business: Fidelity Contrafund’s Will Danoff.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Fake Law by The Secret Barrister
- No Fixed Abode by Maeve McClenaghan
- The Running Book by John Connell
- A Nurse’s Story by Louise Curtis
- Lights Out, Full Throttle by Damon Hill
🤣 One Liners:
- I can tell when people are being judgmental just by looking at them.
📆 Upcoming Events:
- The Master Investor Show 2020
- Saturday, 5 December 2020, 09:15 – 17:30 GMT
- Business Design Centre, 52 Upper Street, London N1 0QH, United Kingdom
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.