Welcome to the 218th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Xi Jinping’s article gives insight into China’s direction ahead of the Communist Party congress.
- US loses key foothold in the Pacific as China gains control of Solomon Islands. 🏝
- What does the right’s historic victory in Sweden mean for Europe? 🌍
- FedEx (FDX) sent shudders down traders’ spines late Thursday after sounding the alarm on macro weakness and withdrawing its full-year guidance. CEO Raj Subramaniam said he expects the economy to enter a worldwide recession, and would have to implement cost-cutting initiatives (closing 90 offices and five corporate locations, freezing hiring, reducing flights, etc.) to deal with softer global shipment volumes. FDX shares tumbled nearly 20% in response.📉
- Here are the winners and losers of China’s economic slowdown as it ripples though global markets. 💹
- This year’s Emmy Awards viewership hit a new record low.📉
- The Woman King is more than an action movie – it shines a light on the women warriors of Benin. 👩💪
- The King’s Horseman, Nigeria’s most famous play, is now a Netflix movie. 🎭🎦
- Ken Starr, former Federal Judge and Clinton investigator, dies at 76.
- How many people can Earth handle?🌐 🤔
- Switzerland to vote on abolition of factory farming next week.🐄
- MIT researchers create Artificial Synapses 10,000x faster than biological ones.
- Sustainable whole cut steaks made from fungi.🍄
- We spoke with the last person standing in the Floppy Disk business.💾
- Handing the surgeon’s scalpel to a robot.🤖
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Receiving an annual flu vaccine reduces the risk of stroke. 💉
- Anti-diarrhea medication may help treat core Autism symptoms.
- Feeling anxious actually releases dopamine, motivating us to take action to pursue rewards and make changes to bring forth the futures we desire. 🗯
- When the brain encodes memories as positive or negative, one molecule determines which way they will go. 🧬
- Preventing ‘Chemo Brain’ with antioxidants targeting the spinal fluid.
- Gut microbes may lead to therapies for mental illness.
- How nature nurtures the brain. 🧠
- Poor oral health may raise cognitive decline, dementia risk.
- Can the brain recover after boxers and MMA fighters stop fighting?
- Dozens of gut bacteria associated with Multiple Sclerosis.
- Could a pill help prevent a leading cause of childhood mortality? 💊👶
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Scientists have started to examine whether “magic” mushrooms can help in the fight against obesity. 👨🔬
- Similar to a near-death experience: New effects of psychedelics discovered.
- Psychedelic Pharmacy – Understanding Synthetic vs. Natural Psychedelics.
- Time to test the effects of CBD in cardiovascular disease? 💚
- Problems persist for kids exposed to cannabis in the womb. 🤰
- Michael Jordan’s ‘Last Dance’ jersey sells for a record-breaking $10.1 million. 🏀
- The transcendent, history-making legacy of Roger Federer. 🎾🥇
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
Monday, September 19 – AutoZone (AZO)
Tuesday, September 20 – Stich Fix (SFIX) and Aurora Cannabis (ACB).Wednesday, Wednesday, September 21 – General Mills (GIS), Trip.com (TCOM),
Thursday, September 22 – Costco (COST), FedEx (FDX), Darden Restaurants (DRI), Accenture (ACN), and Manchester United (MANU).
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
Biotech firm Jupiter Neurosciences (JUNS) is expected to start trading on September 21 and immune therapeutics developer Alopexx (ALPX) is expected to start trading on September 22. The IPO lockup period expires for AN2 Therapeutics (ANTX) on certain blocks of shares. Also, next week, watch for more developments with the highly-anticipated Volkswagen AG (OTCPK: VLKAF) IPO. The German automaker has lined up commitments from notable investors, including the Norwegian sovereign wealth fund. The IPO will see 911M Porsche AG (OTCPK: POAHY) shares offered in a nod to the famous model. The shares will be split into 455.5M preferred shares and 455.5M ordinary shares, with only the preferred shares being listed. The book-building process is anticipated to start early next week. Before the recent market downturn, Volkswagen was said to be seeking a valuation of around $70B to $85B. Across the Pacific, Tencent Music’s (TME) Hong Kong listing could start trading.
What Moved the Markets:
Dow -4.1% to 30,822. S&P 500 -4.8% to 3,873. Nasdaq -5.5% to 11,448. Russell 2000 -4.6% to 1,795. CBOE Volatility Index +15.4% to 26.3.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -3.6%. Utilities -3.8%. Financials -3.8%. Telecom -6.4%. Healthcare -2.4%. Industrials -6.4%. Information Technology -6.1%. Materials -6.7%. Energy -2.6%. Consumer Discretionary -4.2%.
London -1.6% to 7,237. France -2.2% to 6,077. Germany -2.7% to 12,741. Japan -2.3% to 27,568. China -4.2% to 3,126. Hong Kong -3.1% to 18,762. India -1.6% to 58,841.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -1.6% to $85.4/bbl. Gold -2.6% to $1,684.5/oz. Natural Gas -2.2% to 7.817. Ten-Year Bond Yield -0.2 bps to 3.455.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -0.24%. USD/JPY +0.29%. GBP/USD -1.42%. Bitcoin -8.3%. Litecoin -10.9%. Ethereum -18.8%. XRP -1.9%.
Top S&P 500 Gainers
Royal Caribbean Cruises (RCL) +7%. APA (APA) +6%. Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings (NCLH) +5%. Humana (HUM) +4%. Wynn Resorts (WYNN) +4%.
Top S&P 500 Losers
Adobe (ADBE) -24%. FedEx (FDX) -23%. Nucor (NUE) -18%. WestRock (WRK) -16%. Generac Holdings (GNRC) -16%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $45 target
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results.” —Willie Nelson 👍💭
📖 Word Of The Week:
Ersatz – [ ˈɛr zɑts, -sɑts ] adjective
Serving as a substitute; synthetic; artificial.
“Unable to print the real thing, Zimbabwe’s central bank recently announced that it would introduce a kind of ersatz American money for citizens to use in its place.” 💸💸
❔ Did You Know:
- All the contents of the Universe, in one graphic. 🌌
- Visualizing the relationship between cancer and lifespan.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Acting with Power: Why We Are More Powerful than We Believe
By Deborah Gruenfeld
- The Alchemy of Us: How Humans and Matter Transformed One Another
By Ainissa Ramirez
- The Biggest Bluff: How I Learned to Pay Attention, Master Myself, and Win
By Maria Konnikova
- The Catalyst: How to Change Anyone’s Mind
By Jonah Berger
- Clearer, Closer, Better: How Successful People See the World
By Emily Balcetis
Always remember you’re unique, just like everyone else. 😅🤔
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Bloomberg Radio host Barry Ritholtz speaks with Kristen Bitterly Michell, who is Head of North American Investments for Citi Global Wealth, which manages $800 billion in client assets.
- How nutrition impacts longevity | Matt Kaeberlein, Ph.D.
- Matt Kaeberlein, Ph.D.: The biology of aging, rapamycin, and other interventions that target the aging process.
📆 Upcoming Events:
MASTER INVESTOR SECTOR FOCUS:
Going for Gold
Join us on 21st September for a webinar focused on gold. With global uncertainty has come a renewed interest in the precious metal and we’ll discuss the gold outlook with major investor, Jim Mellon. Master Investor will host four gold companies with exciting projects in development to help keep our investors ahead of the curve.
21 September 2022 | London | 1:30pm – 3:30pm
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.