Welcome to the 121st edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Wishing a very healthy Rosh Hashanah to all, happy New Year. ✡
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Five reasons why Israel’s peace deals with the UAE and Bahrain matter.
- Trump vows to nominate a woman for US supreme court vacancy within a week. ⚖
- Why I broke Wall Street’s code of silence. 🤫
- In five hours, Daniel Kamensky destroyed his career. Why?
- Silicon Valley’s most prominent VC firm had a banner week: $9 billion in IPO shares while helping TikTok negotiations. 💰
- The same old boom – Investor speculation.
- Polish e-commerce giant Allegro files for IPO, seeks to raise €225 million at a reported $10 billion+ valuation.
- Fifty years ago, the Beatles went through rock’s most famous breakup.
- Two South African wines receive a rare perfect score from a top UK critic. 🍇
- Black scholars confront white supremacy in classical music.
- NYU’s Christian Busch makes the case that serendipity is a skill.
- The inside story of the $8 million heist from the Carnegie Library. 📚
- A London coffee shop is charging $64 for its premium brew coffee. ☕
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Supreme Court’s feminist icon, is dead at 87. (RIP RBG)
- Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes may seek ‘mental disease’ defense in trial. 😕
- Minneapolis City Council panics over surge in violence after voting to defund the police.
- Witness California’s record blazes through the eyes of frontline firefighters. 🚒
- Fighting back against the stigma of addiction.
- Tommy Hilfiger lists his regal Connecticut estate for $47.5 Million.
- The Trump Administration is officially barring Chinese-owned mobile apps WeChat and TikTok from US app stores starting Sunday.
- This startup is growing sushi-grade salmon from cells in a lab. 🍣
- How algorithms are changing what we read online.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Taste buds may play role in fostering obesity in offspring.
- Healthy diet and exercise during pregnancy could lead to healthier children.
- I tested positive for Covid-19 antibodies — what now?
- Ten minutes of massage or rest will help your body fight stress: study.
- ‘Rogue’ Chinese virologist joins Twitter, publishes “Smoking Gun” evidence COVID-19 created in lab.
- Targeted exposure to stress can improve depressive symptoms.
- Doctors are preparing to implant the world’s first human bionic eye. 👁
- Honeybee venom kills hard-to-treat breast cancer cells in new study. 🐝
- Coffee may slow spread of colon cancer.
- Why there is no such thing as a healthy diet that works for everyone.
- Scientists have proven that there is no such thing as healthy food. 🤔
CANNABIS & MUSHROOMS
- Switzerland backs recreational cannabis trials.
- Oregon could herald a research-driven psychedelic renaissance.
- Raw cannabis juice is the next superfood.
- UC Berkeley launches center for psychedelic science and education.
- MMA fighters combat aches and pains with CBD oil topical application.
- Implementing CBD into your muscle recovery routine.
- A scientific first: How psychedelics bind to key brain cell receptors.
- CBD and Caffeine: Why you should mix CBD with your morning coffee?
- Chicago Cubs’ Alec Mills went from being a college walk-on to throwing a no-hitter. ⚾
- Steve Cohen reaches deal to buy the New York Mets for $2.5 Billion. 💰
- New York Yankees hit 5 homers in inning for first time in franchise history.
- Los Angeles Lakers’ LeBron James says MVP voting totals ‘pissed me off’. 🏀 (His brand appeal is waning)
- Tennis Radio: Gives you live commentary from ATP tour events, interviews with players, and a 24/7 live feed. 🎾
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- First psychedelic drug stock hits $1 Billion in debut after upsized IPO.
- Gilead (NASDAQ: GILD) to acquire breast cancer drugmaker Immunomedics (NASDAQ: IMMU) for $21B. (shares up 100%+) 💰📈
- Novus Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: NVUS) up 193% to $1.11 following news that it has completed the acquisition of privately-held Anelixis Therapeutics, Inc.📈
- Barrick Gold (NYSE: GOLD) with gold at $1,500, $2,000 and $3,000.
- Snowflake’s (NYSE: SNOW) shares soar 112% after IPO. ❄📈
- Tesla Energy (NASDAQ:TSLA) to become $200B revenue business, Piper analyst predicts.🔌
- Chinese water bottler Nongfu Spring soaks up more than a third of Hong Kong’s daily cash in a record-breaking stock sale. (more here)
Weekly Market Movement Wrap
Dow 0.0% to 27,657. S&P 500 -0.7% to 3,319. Nasdaq -0.6% to 10,793. Russell 2000 +2.7% to 1,537. CBOE Volatility Index -3.9% to 25.83.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -1.7%. Utilities -0.8%. Financials -0.2%. Telecom -2.3%. Healthcare +0.8%. Industrials +1.5%. Information Technology -1.%. Materials +0.9%. Energy +2.9%. Consumer Discretionary -2.3%.
London -0.4% to 6,007. France -1.1% to 4,978. Germany -0.7% to 13,116. Japan -0.2% to 23,360. China +2.4% to 3,338. Hong Kong -0.2% to 24,455. India 0.0% to 38,846.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +9.8% to $40.97/bbl. Gold +0.5% to $1,957.8/oz. Natural Gas -9.3% to 2.058. Ten-Year Treasury Yield -0.3% to 139.35.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -0.04%. USD/JPY -1.49%. GBP/USD +0.96%. Bitcoin +5.%. Litecoin -5.5%. Ethereum -1.5%. Ripple +0.4%.
Top Stock Gainers
Cassava Sciences (NASDAQ:SAVA) +203%. Nextdecade (NASDAQ:NEXT) +141%. Immunomedics (NASDAQ:IMMU) +102%. Contura Energy (NYSE:CTRA) +90%. Eastman Kodak (NYSE:KODK) +89%.
Top Stock Losers
Garrett Motion (NYSE:GTX) -36%. Francesca’s Holdings (NASDAQ:FRAN) -32%. Forterra Inc (NASDAQ:FRTA) -31%. 89bio (NASDAQ:ETNB) -26%. Marcus (NYSE:MCS) -26%
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN) Continued great pipeline execution, ripe for a (first) offer $100+ 📈
- AgeX (NYSE:AGE)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF) Significant financing and uplisting?
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) Some news this week?
Agronomics Ltd (LON: ANIC)
🎁 Dr Anna’s Corner:
- Our pick of the week: Ethical, Fairtrade, sustainable and stylish – Veja footwear ticks all the boxes! Both for men and women.
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
- ”Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.” – Mark Twain
📖 Word Of The Week:
- Superfluous adj. Unnecessary, being beyond what is required or sufficient. “The repeated warnings were superfluous.”
❔ Did You Know:
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- Jeff Robinson interviews Dr. Greg Bailey, CEO of Juvenescence – Longevity and more. (Juvenescence has raised about $250M US to date and is currently raising about $250M+ – the company is still private)
- New treatment models aim to make psychedelics increasingly common. Watch the 13 minute video here. 🍄
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Gotta Get Theroux This by Louis Theroux
- Unshakeable by Shane Byrne
- Sex Robots & Vegan Meat by Jenny Kleeman
- The Age of Football by David Goldblatt
- A House Through Time by David Olusoga
- Two wifi engineers got married. The reception was fantastic.
📆 Upcoming Events:
- Saturday, 5 December 2020, 09:15 – 17:30 GMT
- Business Design Centre, 52 Upper Street, London N1 0QH, United Kingdom
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team