Welcome to the 70th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past 7 days…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- Iran ‘will never talk to America,’ supreme leader says ahead of UN General Assembly meetings.
- Politics turn nasty in Canada as Trudeau and rivals get personal.
- Jim Grant is a Wall Street cult hero. Does it matter if he’s often wrong? ?
- The stocks Jim Chanos and Leon Cooperman are buying and shorting. ??
- Payments startup Stripe worth $35bn after raising $250m.
- Chinese property tycoon in London says Brexit making potential investors nervous.
- Are negative interest rates on the way in the U.S.?
- In the era of Big Data, we’ve come to believe that, with enough information, human behavior is predictable. But number crunching can lead us perilously wrong.
- You donated to kids with cancer. This Las Vegas telemarketer cashed in.
- AI and brain-scanning technology could soon make it possible to reliably detect when people are lying. But do we really want to know?
- Big Data needs data scientists to make sense of it all.
- You don’t want Facebook involved with your health care.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- How do 80-year-old ‘super-agers’ have the brains of 20-somethings?
- First hint that body’s ‘biological age’ can be reversed.
- To sleep, perchance to forget? Scientists pinpoint in mice the neurons that control memory while dreaming.
- Frequently asked flu questions 2019-2020 influenza season. (We recommend you get your flu shot)
- Eighth death linked to vaping as illnesses surge around the United States.
- Will there ever be a cure for chronic pain? (Fascinating read)
- Ric Ocasek, lead singer of the Cars, dies aged 75. ? R.I.P.
- Why overeating is an ecological nightmare.
- This company built a private surveillance network. We tracked someone using it.
CANNABIS & MAGIC MUSHROOMS
- Investigation finds illegal synthetic marijuana in vape and edible products sold as CBD.
- CBD marketplace: How should we navigate it? ✅ (Good read)
- UK company set to be largest cannabis company on London stock market.
- House Marijuana Banking Vote officially scheduled for this coming week.
- “Fantastic Fungi” doc shows growing appetite for mushrooms — magic or otherwise. ? (Wuhan OTC: WUHN)
- Sports and Pot: Exploring the role of cannabis in athletic recovery.
- The African origins of cannabis culture and how it got to the U.S.
- Human testicles contain endocannabinoid system components. More here.
- Rugby World Cup 2019 Japan official website. ? (What a great website)
- She won athletes’ hearts. And robbed them blind.
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- SoftBank’s Masa Son is in favor of ousting WeWork CEO Adam Neumann.
- Gold gains support from weak dollar post-Fed, palladium sets record.
- Stocks will soar 17% through next year, market bull Ed Yardeni predicts.
- Traders still betting on risky Beyond Meat trade in hopes of a McDonald’s deal.
? Stocks On Our Radar:
- Therma Bright (TSXV: THRM)
- City View Green Holdings (CSE: CVGR) – More good news here. Stock is trading well, formed a new strong base from which to pop north. 100% gain by year end in the cards.?
- Callitas Therapeutics (OTC: MPHMF)
- Wuhan General (OTC: WUHN)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- FlooidCX Corp (OTC: FLCX)
- Plyzer Technologies (OTC: PLYZ)
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
- “It’s only when the tide goes out that you discover who’s been swimming naked.” – Warren Buffett
? Word Of The Week:
- Omphalos (noun) – 1. A central point or hub. 2. Navel.
“Can you get to the omphalos of all this before I lose patience?”
❔ Did You Know:
- Dead bodies keep moving for more than a year after death.
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- Engineering and science are the “golden thread” that runs throughout nearly all of humanity’s progress, from health care, economics, defense, to transportation, shelter and more according to Sir John Browne, executive chairman of L1 Energy and former chief executive officer of BP from 1995 to 2007. (great listen here)
- The simple strategy fueling the growth of Bill Gates’s fortune.
? Books We Are Reading:
Top 5 books of Larry Page, Google co-founder:
- My Inventions: The Autobiography of Nikola Tesla by Nikola Tesla
- Surely You’re Joking, Mr. Feynman! by Richard P. Freyman
- What Do You Care What Other People Think? by Richard P. Feynman
- Pleasure of Finding Things Out by Richard P. Feynman
- Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson
? One Liners:
? Upcoming Events:
- Following the success of last year’s event, the one-day masterclass; ‘Investing in the age of longevity‘ is back for 2019.
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to get your discount!
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team
P.S. Have a talent you can share with Airbnb customers in your city? Earn extra cash with Airbnb! ? What are you waiting for? Sign up by clicking here: www.airbnb.com, and meet new people ?
P.P.S. Two online banks you should deal with:
- N26 – www.n26.com
- Revolut – revolut.com (sign up with our link and get a free card for awesome exchange rates abroad!)