Welcome to the 169th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Biden’s migration issues at the U.S. southern border are boiling over while he’s occupied with climate change and tornadoes. 🌪
- Putin’s party keeps Parliament supermajority in phony election. 🇷🇺
- Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou reached deal with the U.S., allowing her to return to China, in exchange for two Canadian citizens. 🇨🇳
- The tensions are mounting as Germany is to decide Angela Merkl’s successor – here are the highlights of the tight election. 🇩🇪
- Ecuador striding to fight against illegal mining where mining companies exploit gold. ⛏
- Trump’s sown seeds of doubt might have toxic repercussions for electoral trust – not just in the U.S. 🗳
- China turns into hostile crypto territory as government agencies follow Central Bank in shutting down trade and mining of virtual currencies. 🪙
- CEO of top investment firm says inflation is hitting the entire portfolio (we have been warning about rampant inflation). 💹
- Warnings of economic catastrophe come as Congress prepares to debate debt ceiling. ⚠️
- The U.S. government could both shut down and default on its debt within next month. 🏚💥
- Where home prices are going next, according to forecast models. 🏡
- Amazon’s multi-million dollar investment for its African headquarters in Cape Town ran into controversy with indigenous tribes and their heritage. 🇿🇦
- Looking for a job? Look in these sectors. 💼
- A thorough dissection of the FED meeting and Powell’s rhetoric. 🔍
- Bill Ackman’s Pershing Square just had a $1.6 billion payday. 🤑
- Willie Garson, who played phenomenal roles in shows like “Sex and the city” and “White collar” dies at 57. 💫
- Decades of African-American history depict innovation, determination, and bravery. 💪
- Haitian migrants face brutal Texas border patrol agents – another sad day in American story. 🙅♂️
- After 15 years of research, scientists prove that lost Middle Eastern city was in fact destroyed by an Asteroid. ☄️
- What is a public square place and how is it differently perceived in different countries? ⬛️
- A 120,000-year-old bone tool for making clothes has been discovered in Morocco. 🦴
- Nirvana’s Nevermind – which was released 30 years ago – offered a subversive outlet for a global audience. 🎸
- MIT researchers have developed a new method to 3D print mechanisms that detect how force is being applied to an object. 🖨
- Two new quantum computing breakthroughs reveal the technology’s commercial potential. ⚛️
- Scientists at Stanford University and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC) have produced a 3D printed vaccine patch which they claim provides greater protection than a typical vaccine shot. 💉
- This 3D-Printed chicken breast was cooked with frickin’ lasers. 🐔
- Fast, affordable, and aesthetic 3D-printed dental restorations. 🦷
- World of undersea cables are connecting the World. 🌐
- Facebook’s CTO Mike Schroepfer steps down to give room to Andrew Bosworth, who is leading Facebook’s hardware ambitions. 👋
- Airbus unveils its first zero-emission electric flying taxi, CityAirbus. ✈️
- Tal Golesworthy, an engineer at risk of bursting his aorta, used his own idea to fix his heart.🫀
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- The unexpected connection between the brain, heart, and stories. 🧠
- Millions of people living with untreated hypertension worldwide. 💥
- Dysfunctional synaptic function is key to schizophrenia. ⚡️
- 3D printing in dentistry: Future-proof technology? 🖨
- Science suggests reducing a dog’s tail wagging to a mere sign of happiness is an oversimplification of the way dogs use their tail to express highly complex emotions. 🐕
- Neuroscientists find brain matter makeup in infancy is linked to children’s degree of language skills at five years old. 5️⃣
- Lab-grown tumor models could improve treatment for pancreatic cancer. 🧫
- ‘World’s Lightest’ Baby, born the weight of an apple, goes home after 13 months in hospital. 👼
- Memorial Sloan Kettering spinout gets first FDA clearance for AI to detect prostate cancer. ✅
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- How hemp is helping fight climate change. 🌿
- From sugar to psychedelics: The European companies testing biosynthetic psilocybin in humans. 🇪🇺
- Seattle City Council takes first step toward decriminalizing psychedelic plants and fungi. 🍄
- ‘The End In Mind’ Conference answers questions about psychedelics for End-Of-Life Patients.❓
- The Danish scientists turning sugar into psychedelics. 🇩🇰
- Psychedelics may help reduce mental health impact of COVID-19 Pandemic. 😷
- Michael Grieco, Lauren Book bills call for study of magic mushroom, MDMA, ketamine therapies. 🔬
- Researchers across the UK are trialing a range of cannabis extracts to treat conditions from pain and asthma to brain cancer. 👩🔬
- Are magic mushrooms legal and can they treat depression? ⛈
- Does psychedelic microdosing work? Brain study will be the real acid test. 🧠
- ‘Psychedelics renaissance’: new wave of research puts hallucinogenics forward to treat mental health. 🌊
- Research points to the benefits of psychedelics and alternative medicines. 🔬
- Cristiano Ronaldo beats Lionel Messi in becoming World’s highest-paid footballer. ⚽️
- Sorare and Dapper Labs, sports NFT platforms raised close to $1B, despite NFT market slump. 💰
- Italian bicycler Vincenzo Nibali, winner of all three grand tours, returns to Astana after five years. 🚴
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- South Korea’s crypto exchanges will shut down en masse next week. 🇰🇷
- Cipher Pharmaceuticals (TSX: $CPH) hits 52-week high, what’s next? 💊
- Euphoria in digital art: A bubble or an NFT revolution? 🎈
Monday, September 27th: Jefferies (NYSE:JEF) and Aurora Cannabis (NASDAQ:ACB).
Tuesday, September 28th: United Natural Foods (NYSE:UNFI), IHS Markit (IHS) and Micron (MU).
Wednesday, September 29th: Jabil (NYSE:JBL) and Cintas (NASDAQ:CTAS).
Thursday, September 30th: CarMax (NYSE:KMX), Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ:BBBY), McCormick (NYSE:MKC) and New Oriental Education & Technology (NYSE:EDU).
IPO watch: IPOs expected to start trading during the week include Allvue Systems (ALVU) on September 29 and Olaplex (OLPX) on September 30. Warby Parker (WRBY) is scheduled to starts trading via a direct listing on September 30. The analyst quiet period ends on DoubleDown Interactive (NASDAQ:DDI) on September 27 to free up analysts to post ratings.
What Moved The Markets Last Week:
Dow +0.6% to 34,798. S&P 500 +0.5% to 4,455. Nasdaq +0.% to 15,048. Russell 2000 +0.8% to 2,254. CBOE Volatility Index -14.7% to 17.75.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -0.3%. Utilities -1.2%. Financials +2.2%. Telecom -0.7%. Healthcare -0.4%. Industrials +0.8%. Information Technology +1.%. Materials +0.1%. Energy +4.7%. Consumer Discretionary +0.3%.
London +1.3% to 7,051. France +1.% to 6,638. Germany +0.3% to 15,532. Japan -0.8% to 30,249. China 0.% to 3,613. Hong Kong -2.9% to 24,192. India +1.8% to 60,048.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI +2.8% to $73.98/bbl. Gold -0.1% to $1,750.4/oz. Natural Gas +1.4% to 5.174. Ten-Year Treasury Yield -0.6% to 132.09.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -0.05%. USD/JPY +0.71%. GBP/USD -0.49%. Bitcoin -11.8%. Litecoin -15.1%. Ethereum -15.2%. Ripple -11.9%.
Top Stock Gainers
Zivo Bioscience (NASDAQ:ZIVO) +95%. Marin Software Inc (NASDAQ:MRIN) +80%. Aerocentury Corp (NYSE:ACY) +66%. Medirom Healthcare Technologies Inc ADR (NASDAQ:MRM) +58%. Ensysce Biosciences Inc (NASDAQ:ENSC) +52%.
Top Stock Losers
Eargo Inc (NASDAQ:EAR) -68%. Innovage Holding Corp (NASDAQ:INNV) -49%. Nuvalent Inc Cl A (NASDAQ:NUVL) -37%. Beyondspring Inc (NASDAQ:BYSI) -33%. China Liberal Education Holdings Ltd (NASDAQ:CLEU) -32%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN) 📈 – $200 target.
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $100 target
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN) 📈 – $3.00 target (very important webinar this Friday, sign up here)
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up.”
– Pablo Picasso 🎨
📖 Word Of The Week:
Obstreperous [ob·strep·er·ous], adj. – noisy and difficult to control: “the boy is cocky and obstreperous.”
❔ Did You Know:
While Picasso is best known by his last name, his full name is 25 words long. 😵💫
At his baptism, Picasso was christened Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Martyr Patricio Clito Alarcón y Herrera Ruiz Picasso. His incredibly long name is a mixture of his relative’s names as well as saints and Ruiz comes from his father’s name, whereas Picasso stems from his mother’s.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- How to Steal a Country – State Capture and Hopes for the Future in South Africa by Robin Renwick.
- Winning: The Ultimate Business How-To Book by Jack Welch.
- Execution: The Discipline of Getting Things Done by Larry Bossidy & Ram Charan.
- Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell.
- Straight From The Gut by Jack Welch.
- The Magic of Thinking Big by David Schwartz.
A client asks his adviser, “Is all my money really gone?”
“No, of course not,” the adviser says. “It’s just with somebody else!”
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
The Economist on rising Public Debt: The COVID-19 pandemic is set to increase public debt to levels last seen after the second world war. But is rising public debt a cause for concern? New economic thinking suggests perhaps not, at least for now.
Barry Ritholtz speaks with Hubert Joly, who earned a host of accolades during his tenure as chairman and CEO of Best Buy.
📆 Upcoming Events:
Newly appointed Chief Innovation Officer of M2Bio Sciences, Dr. Riyad Domingo, will be presenting his inaugural webinar on the future of mental health therapeutics derived from the psychedelic prodrug psilocybin.
He will provide an overview of the company’s innovative work leveraging the power of artificial intelligence and additive manufacturing in the drug discovery and development process.
Welcome to the future of personalized medicine for mental illness.
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.