Welcome to the 216th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Wishing all of our readers a very happy Labor Day Weekend.🤗
Here’s a shortlist of the content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- Did Biden go too far? 😅 Did-biden-go-too-far-by-calling-extreme-maga-republicans-semi-fascist
- Trump has been ‘fantastic ally’ – Has the National Republican Congressional Committee suggested any candidates distance themselves from the former president? “Absolutely not,” Chair Tom Emmer said Sunday.
- Ukrainian refugee minister Lord Harrington quits before PM change. 😶
- Trump plots aggressive midterm strategy seen in GOP as a double-edged sword.
- Lukoil Chairman Ravil Maganov is the 8th Russian energy executive to die suddenly this year.
- From Meta to Twitter, what everyone gets wrong about ESG — And why it matters. ☠
- “This Is Beyond Imagination”: Polish homeowners line up for days to buy coal ahead of winter. 🥶
- Economist reveals when America can expect one ‘Whopper’ of a recession.
- FIFA World Cup’s economic impact will extend beyond Qatar. ⚽⚽⚽
- Emirati AI firm G42 launches $10 billion investment fund. (This is another reason the UAE will/is fast becoming the world’s economic powerhouse) 💪💪💪
- Andrew Tate’s brand of hyper-toxic masculinity is a cynical attempt to game TikTok – and it’s working. (or maybe men are sick of all the woke sh#t)
- Why Brian Stelter’s axing is a very bad omen for CNN. (next to go, activists Lemon and Cooper) 🗞🗞🗞📰📰📰
- Holding Russia to account for War Crimes in Ukraine. ⚠
- The family that mined the Pentagon’s data for profit. ⚒⚒⚒⚒
- Twitter can’t afford to be one of the world’s most influential websites.
- Researchers bring first underwater messaging app to smartphones. 🌊🤽♂️
- NASA sets Saturday for its next Artemis launch attempt,🚀🚀🚀
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Does meditation affect cellular aging?🧘
- Ancient meteorites give clues to what event caused the birth of our solar system.
- One common misunderstood ingredient could be damaging your gut bacteria.
- A new study reveals how our brain swiftly adapts to compensate for dynamic and abrupt essential changes in behavior.
- Fentanyl’s effects on the brain.🧠
- Coffee: Medicine for the body and soul.☕
- In one day, a man was diagnosed with monkeypox, HIV, and Covid-19.
- How mushrooms help protect your brain.🍄
- A hot bath has benefits similar to exercise.
- The antitumor effects of quercetin.
- Discontinuation of talc-products and what it means for our health.
- This company is about to grow new organs in a person for the first time.
- Researchers have uncovered the molecular mechanisms behind cognitive deficits and brain fog associated with chemotherapy.
- Exposure to air pollution within the first 6 months of life alters a child’s microbiome, increasing the risk for allergies, diabetes, obesity, and influencing brain development. 👶
- Ultraprocessed foods linked to cancer and early death.
- Can we reverse the effects of age related memory loss?
- Insilico Medicine announces new investment led by Aramco-backed Prosperity7 Ventures, bringing total Series D Financing to $95 Million.
- Alzheimer’s disease has no cure – But unproven treatments claim otherwise.
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Psychedelic ‘Magic Mushroom’ ingredient could help treat alcohol addiction.🍾
- ‘Flesh of the Gods’: The trippy history of magic mushrooms.
- Marijuana with high THC levels can cause ‘cannabis use disorder’: Lancet.
- Verstappen wins fourth race in a row at Dutch Grand Prix.🏎🏁
- Manchester City suffer another injury blow during clash vs Aston Villa.⚽
- More than rugby! Springboks, Wallabies all smiles after Sydney Test 🏉
- Rafael Nadal cruises into US Open fourth round with straight sets win over Richard Gasquet. 🎾
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- When Private Equity takes over a nursing home.
- Tales from the Dark Side.
- Starbucks names Laxman Narasimhan as new CEO.
- U.S. cropland values hit record highs.
- The Big Short’s Michael Burry warns of “mother of all crashes” – sells all his shares.
Tuesday, September 6 – Gitlab (NASDAQ:GTLB), Guidewire Software (NYSE:GWRE), and Coupa Software (COUP).
Wednesday, September 7 – Nio (NIO), GameStop (GME), Casey’s General Stores (CASY), American Eagle Outfitters (NYSE:AEO), and Academy Sports And Outdoors (NASDAQ:ASO).
Thursday, September 8 – Zscaler (NASDAQ:ZS), Docusign (DOCU), and SMith & Wesson Brands (SWBI).
Friday, September 9 – Kroger (KR).
IPOs expected to start trading this week:
Jupiter Neurosciences (JUNS) is scheduled to start trading on September 7. The quiet periods expire on Treasure Global (TGL) and Reborn Coffee (REBN) next week, while the IPO lockup period ends for a block of shares on Bausch + Lomb (BLCO).
What Moved the Markets:
Dow -3.% to 31,318. S&P 500 -3.3% to 3,924. Nasdaq -4.2% to 11,631. Russell 2000 -4.8% to 1,808. CBOE Volatility Index -0.4% to 25.47.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -2.4%. Utilities -1.6%. Financials -2.5%. Telecom -2.4%. Healthcare -1.8%. Industrials -3.6%. Information Technology -5.%. Materials -5.%. Energy -3.3%. Consumer Discretionary -2.7%.
London -2.% to 7,281. France -1.7% to 6,168. Germany +0.6% to 13,050. Japan -3.5% to 27,651. China -1.5% to 3,186. Hong Kong -3.6% to 19,452. India -0.1% to 58,803.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -6.2% to $87.25/bbl. Gold -1.6% to $1,722.6/oz. Natural Gas -4.2% to 8.902. Ten-Year Bond Yield -0.2 bps to 3.195.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -0.06%. USD/JPY +1.96%. GBP/USD -1.99%. Bitcoin -0.5%. Litecoin +15.6%. Ethereum +4.9%. XRP -1.8%.
Top S&P 500 Gainers
DXC Technology (DXC) +13%. Cardinal Health (CAH) +5%. Bath & Body Works (BBWI) +4%. Ulta Beauty (ULTA) +3%. Dollar General (DG) +3%.
Top S&P 500 Losers
NVIDIA (NVDA) -16%. PVH (PVH) -15%. Seagate Technology Holdings (STX) -12%. Catalent (CTLT) -12%. Freeport-McMoRan (FCX) -12%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) 📈 – $3.00 target
- Portage Biotech (NASDAQ: PRTG) 📈 – $45 target
- Agronomics Ltd (OTC: AGNMF) 📈
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) 📈
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) 📈
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
“You never fail until you stop trying.” Albert Einstein
📖 Word Of The Week:
Exegesis – critical explanation or interpretation of a text or portion of a text.
“His by far most moving and lucid exegesis comes smack in the middle of his book, wherein “Tales of the Wounded Healer” Kearney traces the lineages of touch and healing among the ancient and biblical.”
❔ Did You Know:
Pick a number, any number.
Now, if it’s even, divide it by 2. If it’s odd, multiply it by 3 and add 1. Now repeat those steps again with your new number. Eventually, if you keep going, you’ll eventually end up at 1 every single time (try it for yourself, we’ll wait).
As simple as it sounds, it actually works. But the problem is that even though mathematicians have shown this is the case with millions of numbers, they haven’t found any numbers out there that won’t stick to the rules.
This is the mathematical anomaly called The Collatz Conjecture.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- The Real Business of Blockchain by David Furlonger & Christophe Uzureau
- The Connector Manager: Why Some Leaders Build Exceptional Talent – and Others Don’t by Jaime Roca and Sari Wilde
- The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
- Change by Design: How Design Thinking Transforms Organizations and Inspires Innovation by Tim Brown
- Payoff: The Hidden Logic That Shapes Our Motivations by Dan Ariely
Boss: “How good are you at PowerPoint?”
Me: “I Excel at it.”
Boss: “Was that Microsoft Office pun?”
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- How to read and understand scientific studies.
- MIB: Barry Ritholtz interviews Lynn Martin, President of the NYSE.
- A conversation with Jim Simons: Mathematics, Common Sense, and Good Luck. (such a brilliant man)
📆 Upcoming Events:
MASTER INVESTOR SECTOR FOCUS:
Going for Gold
Join us on 21st September for a webinar focused on gold. With global uncertainty has come a renewed interest in the precious metal and we’ll discuss the gold outlook with major investor, Jim Mellon. Master Investor will host four gold companies with exciting projects in development to help keep our investors ahead of the curve.
21 September 2022 | London | 1:30pm – 3:30pm
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.