Welcome to the 119th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Wishing our American friends a very happy and healthy Labour Day.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
🤔 Interesting Articles & News:
- US elections: Who does China really want to win, and will it make a difference?
- Facebook will ban all new political advertising during the week before Election Day, an attempt to suppress misinformation and interference from candidates. 🏳
- This artist uses thousands of lego bricks to make lifelike sculptures of animals. 🦓
- Tyler Perry, Hollywood’s newest billionaire wrote, produced and starred in his own American success story.
- The ‘Batman Effect’: How having an alter ego empowers you. 💪 More on Batman: Production on the film has shut down after Robert Pattinson (Batman himself) reportedly tested positive for Covid-19.
- Are you Yoda or Darth Vader? How to recognize your light and dark sides. ☯
- Happy 90th, Warren! From Bill Gates.
- Take ownership of your future self.
- Neuralink’s wildly anticipated new brain implant: The hype vs. the science. 🧠
- Apple is delaying a change to its iPhone software that would give users the chance to opt in or out of data tracking on an app-by-app basis.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Blood clots: A major problem in severe Covid-19.
- You should wear a face mask while having sex, according to Canada’s chief medical officer. 😷
CANNABIS & MUSHROOMS
- Compass plans IPO to take ‘magic mushroom’ drug to phase 3. 🍄
- High-dose CBD offers (potential) relief from cannabis use disorder.
- Study shows cannabis could help reduce diabetes risk in Hepatitis C patients.
- Yeast could soon make psilocybin cheaper than their magic mushroom cousins can.
- In spite of strict cannabis laws, Hong Kong’s first CBD cafe is open for business.
- Cancer patients say psilocybin can be both therapy and a ”beautiful experience”.
- Tom Seaver, Hall of Fame pitcher and Mets legend, dies at 75. ⚾ RIP
- Authentic dueled with Tiz the Law in the final turn and upset the heavy favorite to win the 146th Kentucky Derby. 🏇
💲 Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- US-focused cannabis ETF set to launch on New York Stock Exchange.
- Insilico’s weeks-old aging research spinout Deep Longevity picked up by Regent Pacific. (Regent Pacific Group Ltd. HKG: 0575) -shares + 120%)
- Nestle to buy Aimmune Therapeutics for $2.6B. (174% premium to closing price of $12.60 as on August 28)
- Buffett looks to Japan with $6 billion bet on five biggest trading firms.
Weekly Market Movement Wrap
Dow -1.8% to 28,133. S&P 500 -2.3% to 3,427. Nasdaq -3.3% to 11,313. Russell 2000 -2.5% to 1,539. CBOE Volatility Index +33.9% to 30.75.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -0.5%. Utilities +0.4%. Financials -0.4%. Telecom -2.5%. Healthcare -2.1%. Industrials -1.3%. Information Technology -4.2%. Materials +0.8%. Energy -4.5%. Consumer Discretionary -2.5%.
London -2.8% to 5,799. France -0.8% to 4,965. Germany -1.5% to 12,843. Japan +1.4% to 23,205. China -1.4% to 3,355. Hong Kong -2.9% to 24,695. India -2.8% to 38,357.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -8.1% to $39.5/bbl. Gold -1.7% to $1,940.8/oz. Natural Gas -3.% to 2.578. Ten-Year Treasury Yield -0.1% to 139.05.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -0.55%. USD/JPY +0.86%. GBP/USD -0.55%. Bitcoin -8.9%. Litecoin -11.5%. Ethereum -2.1%. Ripple -6.9%.
Top Stock Gainers
Aimmune Therapeutics (NASDAQ:AIMT) +172%. Gogo (NASDAQ:GOGO) +101%. TRACON Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:TCON) +71%. Akcea Therapeutics (NASDAQ:AKCA) +60%. Corcept Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CORT) +58%.
Top Stock Losers
Akebia Therapeutics (NASDAQ:AKBA) -74%. Amarin Corporation (NASDAQ:AMRN) -42%. Vir Biotechnology (NASDAQ:VIR) -31%. Overstock.com (NASDAQ:OSTK) -31%. Kelly Services (NASDAQ:KELYB) -30%.
🎯 Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN)
- AgeX (NYSE:AGE)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN)
Agronomics Ltd (LON: ANIC)
🏆 Quotes That Inspire Us:
”Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.”
📖 Word Of The Week:
Homogeneous adj. 1. Uniform in structure or composition. 2. Of the same or similar nature or kind: “The corporation maintains tight-knit, homogeneous board members.”
❔ Did You Know:
Billy goats urinate on their own heads to smell more attractive to females.🐐😍
Billy goats, or bucks is the name given to male goats.
Generally they urinate on themselves in late summer through fall, and for humans, it’s not a pleasant smell.
📽 A Must Watch & Listen:
- It’s high time for SA to grow its cannabis economy. Is cannabis the jackpot SA’s been waiting for? (excellent webinar about the bullish future of cannabis in South Africa/Africa) Wuhan/M2bio (otcbb:wuhn) is well positioned in Lesotho. Jeff Robinson, CEO is visiting the property Sept 7-10.
📚 Books We Are Reading:
- Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More than IQ
by Daniel Goleman
- The Innovator’s Dilemma: When New Technologies Cause Great Firms to Fail
by Clayton Christensen
- True North: Discover Your Authentic Leadership
by Bill George
- Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win
by Jocko Willink & Leif Babin
🤣 One Liners: Jerome Powell
Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell has announced he is willing to serve another term. Powell said, “Where else would I get a job in this economy?”
📆 Upcoming Events:
- The Master Investor Show 2020
- Saturday, 5 December 2020, 09:15 – 17:30 GMT
- Business Design Centre, 52 Upper Street, London N1 0QH, United Kingdom
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! 💪
The IBR Team