Welcome to the 119th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Wishing our American friends a very happy and healthy Labour Day.
Here’s a short list of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- US elections: Who does China really want to win, and will it make a difference?
- Facebook will ban all new political advertising during the week before Election Day, an attempt to suppress misinformation and interference from candidates. ?
- This artist uses thousands of lego bricks to make lifelike sculptures of animals. ?
- Tyler Perry, Hollywood’s newest billionaire wrote, produced and starred in his own American success story.
- The ‘Batman Effect’: How having an alter ego empowers you. ? More on Batman: Production on the film has shut down after Robert Pattinson (Batman himself) reportedly tested positive for Covid-19.
- Are you Yoda or Darth Vader? How to recognize your light and dark sides. ☯
- Happy 90th, Warren! From Bill Gates.
- Take ownership of your future self.
- Neuralink’s wildly anticipated new brain implant: The hype vs. the science. ?
- Apple is delaying a change to its iPhone software that would give users the chance to opt in or out of data tracking on an app-by-app basis.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- Blood clots: A major problem in severe Covid-19.
- You should wear a face mask while having sex, according to Canada’s chief medical officer. ?
CANNABIS & MUSHROOMS
- Compass plans IPO to take ‘magic mushroom’ drug to phase 3. ?
- High-dose CBD offers (potential) relief from cannabis use disorder.
- Study shows cannabis could help reduce diabetes risk in Hepatitis C patients.
- Yeast could soon make psilocybin cheaper than their magic mushroom cousins can.
- In spite of strict cannabis laws, Hong Kong’s first CBD cafe is open for business.
- Cancer patients say psilocybin can be both therapy and a ”beautiful experience”.
- Tom Seaver, Hall of Fame pitcher and Mets legend, dies at 75. ⚾ RIP
- Authentic dueled with Tiz the Law in the final turn and upset the heavy favorite to win the 146th Kentucky Derby. ?
? Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- US-focused cannabis ETF set to launch on New York Stock Exchange.
- Insilico’s weeks-old aging research spinout Deep Longevity picked up by Regent Pacific. (Regent Pacific Group Ltd. HKG: 0575) -shares + 120%)
- Nestle to buy Aimmune Therapeutics for $2.6B. (174% premium to closing price of $12.60 as on August 28)
- Buffett looks to Japan with $6 billion bet on five biggest trading firms.
Weekly Market Movement Wrap
Dow -1.8% to 28,133. S&P 500 -2.3% to 3,427. Nasdaq -3.3% to 11,313. Russell 2000 -2.5% to 1,539. CBOE Volatility Index +33.9% to 30.75.
S&P 500 Sectors
Consumer Staples -0.5%. Utilities +0.4%. Financials -0.4%. Telecom -2.5%. Healthcare -2.1%. Industrials -1.3%. Information Technology -4.2%. Materials +0.8%. Energy -4.5%. Consumer Discretionary -2.5%.
London -2.8% to 5,799. France -0.8% to 4,965. Germany -1.5% to 12,843. Japan +1.4% to 23,205. China -1.4% to 3,355. Hong Kong -2.9% to 24,695. India -2.8% to 38,357.
Commodities and Bonds
Crude Oil WTI -8.1% to $39.5/bbl. Gold -1.7% to $1,940.8/oz. Natural Gas -3.% to 2.578. Ten-Year Treasury Yield -0.1% to 139.05.
Forex and Cryptos
EUR/USD -0.55%. USD/JPY +0.86%. GBP/USD -0.55%. Bitcoin -8.9%. Litecoin -11.5%. Ethereum -2.1%. Ripple -6.9%.
Top Stock Gainers
Aimmune Therapeutics (NASDAQ:AIMT) +172%. Gogo (NASDAQ:GOGO) +101%. TRACON Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:TCON) +71%. Akcea Therapeutics (NASDAQ:AKCA) +60%. Corcept Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CORT) +58%.
Top Stock Losers
Akebia Therapeutics (NASDAQ:AKBA) -74%. Amarin Corporation (NASDAQ:AMRN) -42%. Vir Biotechnology (NASDAQ:VIR) -31%. Overstock.com (NASDAQ:OSTK) -31%. Kelly Services (NASDAQ:KELYB) -30%.
? Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN)
- AgeX (NYSE:AGE)
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF)
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN)
Agronomics Ltd (LON: ANIC)
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
”Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.”
? Word Of The Week:
Homogeneous adj. 1. Uniform in structure or composition. 2. Of the same or similar nature or kind: “The corporation maintains tight-knit, homogeneous board members.”
❔ Did You Know:
Billy goats urinate on their own heads to smell more attractive to females.??
Billy goats, or bucks is the name given to male goats.
Generally they urinate on themselves in late summer through fall, and for humans, it’s not a pleasant smell.
? A Must Watch & Listen:
- It’s high time for SA to grow its cannabis economy. Is cannabis the jackpot SA’s been waiting for? (excellent webinar about the bullish future of cannabis in South Africa/Africa) Wuhan/M2bio (otcbb:wuhn) is well positioned in Lesotho. Jeff Robinson, CEO is visiting the property Sept 7-10.
? Books We Are Reading:
- Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More than IQ
by Daniel Goleman
- The Innovator’s Dilemma: When New Technologies Cause Great Firms to Fail
by Clayton Christensen
- True North: Discover Your Authentic Leadership
by Bill George
- Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win
by Jocko Willink & Leif Babin
? One Liners: Jerome Powell
Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell has announced he is willing to serve another term. Powell said, “Where else would I get a job in this economy?”
? Upcoming Events:
- The Master Investor Show 2020
- Saturday, 5 December 2020, 09:15 – 17:30 GMT
- Business Design Centre, 52 Upper Street, London N1 0QH, United Kingdom
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team