Welcome to the 140th edition of The Weekly Bull Report.
Wishing our friends in the US a happy President’s Day, popularly recognized as honoring George Washington and Abraham Lincoln.
Here’s a shortlist of content we found interesting and informative over the past week…
? Interesting Articles & News:
- US Senate acquits Donald Trump of inciting deadly Capitol attack, as impeachment trial concludes. (complete waste of time and money – again)
- What recovery? Clothes retailers cut orders while factories fight to survive.
- Bucking the trend of negativity, fund manager Chris Brown still thinks a huge market “blow-off” is in the offing.
- The rise and fall of Bitcoin billionaire Arthur Hayes.
- 6 reasons why Africa’s new free trade area is a global game-changer.
- Spice things up for a longer, healthier life.?
- ‘A managerial Mephistopheles’: inside the mind of Jeff Bezos.?
- Coffee husks are usually discarded when coffee is roasted. Now they’re being turned into building materials.☕
- Reducing landfill waste, one cup at a time.
- Twitter and Square CEO Jack Dorsey and rapper Jay Z have created an endowment to fund bitcoin development initially in Africa and India.
MEDICINE & SCIENCE
- What’s driving ‘Brain Fog’ in people with COVID-19?
- As you look around, mental images bounce between the right and left brain.?
- How gut microbes could drive brain disorders. (no doubt about this)
- The use of goldenseal may compromise glucose control in diabetics on metformin.
- HIV: An innovative therapeutic breakthrough to optimize the immune system.
- Machine learning could aid mental health diagnoses.
- The doctor will sniff you now.
- Can gut parasites slow the aging process?
- Semaglutide for weight loss? A good first STEP, with caveats.
CANNABIS & PSYCHEDELICS
- Michael McDowell wins Daytona 500 for first career NASCAR Cup victory in major upset.?
Read hand-picked news and topics that interest you and be sure they are legitimate and credible Download the NITL app now. ?
Noteworthy Stocks & Assets:
- Bumble CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd becomes the youngest woman to take a company public.
- Rise and fall of the house of Bitcoin.
The Week Ahead
In D.C., Citadel founder Ken Griffin, Robinhood (RBNHD) CEO Vladimir Tenev and execs from Melvin Capital are scheduled to testify in a House hearing on the wild market swings in shares of GameStop (NYSE:GME) and other heavily-shorted stocks.
Earnings This Week
CVS Health (NYSE:CVS), US Foods (NYSE:USFD), AutoNation (NYSE:AN), AIG (NYSE:AIG) and Occidental Petroleum (NYSE:OXY) on February 16; Analog Devices (NASDAQ:ADI), Baidu (NASDAQ:BIDU), Shopify (NYSE:SHOP) and Hilton Worldwide (NYSE:HLT) on February 17; Walmart (WMT), Southern Company (NYSE:SO), Applied Materials (NASDAQ:AMAT) and Roku (NASDAQ:ROKU) on February 18; Magna International (NYSE:MGA) and Deere (NYSE:DE) on February 19.
IPOs This Week
No IPOs are scheduled to price during the short week. Quiet periods expire on Dream Finders Homes (NASDAQ:DFH), Mytheresa (NASDAQ:MYTE), Patria Investments (NASDAQ:PAX) and RLX Technology (NYSE:RLX). The IPO lockup period expires on Harmony Biosciences (NASDAQ:HRMY), Inhibrx (NASDAQ:INBX), Kymera Therapeutics (NASDAQ:KYMR) and Nano-X Imaging Ltd (NASDAQ:NNOX).
? Stocks On Our Radar:
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical (NYSE: BHVN)?
- AgeX (NYSE: AGE) ?
- Portage Biotech (OTC: PTGEF) ? (news here)
- Wuhan General Group (OTC: WUHN)? (news here) (new high of $.94) (Up 40X since our first mention 1 year ago)
- Agronomics Ltd (LON: ANIC) ?
- Regent Pacific Group Ltd. (HKG: 0575) ?
- ThreeD Capital Inc. (IDK.CN) (OTC: IDKFF) ? (Up 3X since our mention just 6 weeks ago)
? Quotes That Inspire Us:
“In a moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing to do, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.”
– Theodore Roosevelt
? Word Of The Week:
Empathy; Empathetic adj. The action of understanding, being aware of, being sensitive to, and vicariously experiencing the feelings, thoughts, and experience of another. “Her doctor was empathetic to her condition.”
❔ Did You Know:
Presidents‘ Day falls on the third Monday in February in the United States. It is also known as Washington’s Birthday, after George Washington, the first president of the United States. The day is meant to celebrate George Washington and all the presidents of the U.S. It became a federal holiday in 1879.
? Books We Are Reading
Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More than IQ
by Daniel Goleman
The Innovator’s Dilemma: When New Technologies Cause Great Firms to Fail
by Clayton Christensen
True North: Discover Your Authentic Leadership
by Bill George
Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win
by Jocko Willink & Leif Babin
?? Must Watch or Listen
Dr. Peter Attia interviews: Richard Miller, M.D., Ph.D. – The gold standard for testing longevity drugs: the Interventions Testing Program.
“This Is The Wildest Market I’ve Ever Seen”: Druckenmiller’s must-see Goldman interview.
? Upcoming Events:
Jeff Robinson will be in Hong Kong from April 03 – April 28. Feel free to hit him up with any ideas…
Our very best wishes for a brilliant upcoming week! ?
The IBR Team
All content provided by Internet Bull Report is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade or investment recommendations.